Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultimate V6, has anyone actually built it?  (Read 3832 times)

calibrated

• Croatia
    • Opel Calibra
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate V6, has anyone actually built it?
« Reply #15 on: 03 January 2017, 17:56:58 »

x30xe engine is capable of 230 240 bhp with these mods...

-exhaust manifolds are a restriction...custom made tubular manifolds are way to go...exhaust line should be connected in H or in X...totally separated exhaust lines didnt shown good results on any car
-4xG camshafts are needed(little bit lumpy idle but more agressive when revved, gives few hp also)..or you should consider catcams
-3.8 bar fuel pressure regulator(improves throttle response and reduces flat spots-noticeable)
-fuel injectors are a little drawback...factory x30xe x25xe and y32se injectors flow 212cc/min 3bar..it is enough for 218hp
at duty cycle of 90%(that is maximum duty cycle recomended for injector durability)...so when fuel pressure upped to 3.8 bar
we get maximum hp of 245 at duty cycle of 90%

...remap is not needed i think because factory ecu adapts so well to the mods

so however i doubt it will be very noticeable in car heavy like omega...maybe on manual transimission with closer diff ratio should give good gains with these mods...however then you sacrifice mpg...

i put this engine to cavalier calibra..6 speed gearbox close ratio and light flywheel 6.5kg...and have noticeable gains with 3.8 bar and exhaust manifolds..exhaust line 60mm without cat...
inlet is from 2.5 cavalier and ecu also(tried many chips and ecu adapts best with factory map)...now going to x30xe inlet and menagment so will see how much will gain because 2.5 cavalier inlet is big restriction on 3.0 engine...

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.