Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ive broken it again!  (Read 1172 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Ive broken it again!
« on: 23 December 2016, 16:45:33 »

My Mondeo 1.6TD  :(

Started as usual this morning....10secs later, a big cough type noise/sound and it stalled. And then refused to restart.

Garage came out to me and towed it back to the garage. Interesting experience, being towed with a bar at around 60mph down a dual carriageway  ::) I don't think the tow vehicle even knew it was towing, given how quickly it was at accelerating away from junctions...tho it was a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 3L V6 diesel lump in it.

After 20min diag on it....the 2 mechanics looking at it both decided it was cam timing problem, but when they undid the top of the cambelt cover, the cam belt was still attached to the cam shaft , couldn't see anymore than that....they expected to see the cam belt missing...but even with it still there, they still insisted its cam timing.

ECU was complaining of Cam shaft sensor, but the mechanic reckoned that was a red herring.

So I don't I know whats up with it.......

Bad news is that it probably wont be fixed until the new year  :( .....Good news, was the only spare car they had was a 62plate Merc E250d auto  ;D

I suppose the other good news is, it decided to go wrong today and not on Sunday .....
« Last Edit: 23 December 2016, 16:54:14 by TD »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Ive broken it again!
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2016, 19:19:48 »

Every cloud ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2016, 19:03:43 »

It could be the end of it.....garage has had another look and is indeed a problem with cam timing....

Cambelt had snapped   :(

Due every 125k on these.....and history shows it was changed before  :(

So, new cambelt kit going to be fitted and see if it starts..... :-\ If not ... then prob a refurb engine  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2016, 22:42:23 »

It could be the end of it.....garage has had another look and is indeed a problem with cam timing....

Cambelt had snapped   :(

Due every 125k on these.....and history shows it was changed before  :(

So, new cambelt kit going to be fitted and see if it starts..... :-\ If not ... then prob a refurb engine  :-\
Hmmmm.......you trying to start it after it stalled could have had interesting consequences.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.