Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Buyers Guide?  (Read 33573 times)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Buyers Guide?
« Reply #240 on: 11 January 2017, 19:40:48 »

Answered in my last post ::)

You said what needs to be done. I was asking how much work it is?  ;)

Have you done the job?

Everything you need to know is in the OOF Guides, search for it.

Do you mean the FAQ? I didn't see it there.
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90592.0

Thanks! :)

Never looked there as I wouldn't expect to find that type of information within maintenance guides.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 11 January 2017, 19:42:47 »

Answered in my last post ::)

You said what needs to be done. I was asking how much work it is?  ;)

Have you done the job?

Everything you need to know is in the OOF Guides, search for it.

Do you mean the FAQ? I didn't see it there.
SEARCH for it, Im not doing it for you.  ::)

To be fair I didn't ask you to do it for me or even for a link. I only asked which section of the forum. But no worries. Somebody else already pointed me in the right direction. Thanks anyway.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 11 January 2017, 19:43:22 »

You did read the Newbie section when you joined... ???
Onanists always think outside the box.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 11 January 2017, 19:45:15 »

Yes, I did go through some of it, specially the stickers. Obviously didn't go through all the topics. But it was a while ago.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 11 January 2017, 19:58:54 »

To be fair I didn't ask you to do it for me or even for a link. I only asked which section of the forum. But no worries. Somebody else already pointed me in the right direction. Thanks anyway.
Wasn't going to give you a link as its not all in one place, the Link that Henry supplied is for Auto to Manual, contains some Cruise info, theres other stuff kicking around in there ie Retro Fitting Cruise etc, PFL, FL etc, as said its not all in one place, therefore do a search for the info you need.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2017, 20:06:00 by zirk »

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 11 January 2017, 20:20:58 »

Does anyone?

Thats like reading the instructions before you start to build something  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 11 January 2017, 20:25:41 »

Does anyone?

No building allowed in this Thread, that would be too easy, its all about modifying stuff and re inventing the wheels..  ;D

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 11 January 2017, 21:37:47 »

Does anyone?

I actually even made a word file out of some of the info in the FAQ in a way that I can easily access.  ;)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 13 January 2017, 19:29:41 »

As I have mentioned a few times, Omegas here are not the disposable dirty cheap cars they are back in the UK. Cars in general are much more expensive here.

But even considering that, I'm not seeing why this one is so expensive:

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/opel-omega-mv6-3-2-liter-1-hand-automatik-gasoline-grey-53be1afa-0a92-4f43-a632-d188ce360351?cldtidx=8

If it had like 30k on the clock or something I could at least understand.

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 13 January 2017, 19:37:27 »

That's basically our Elite spec... But

It's only 100K miles, here that might be a couple of grand or so, especially given that it looks absolutely mint and has NCDC 2015 with Cid.

That said it has a right hand drive front left seat... Driver's seat in that spec should be memory, that seat clearly is not. Sloppy attention to details is what trips stupid sellers up. And raises questions towards the provenance of the car...

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 22 February 2017, 11:35:23 »

I see what you mean.

I just came back from looking at a car. Finally got to drive a 3.0 manual. I have to say I'm a bit surprised and not sure if in a good way. It felt a bit, I don't know. I'm not sure sluggish is the right word. But it didn't feel tight. The gas pedal has a very peculiar feeling. Kind of reminds me of the W124 Mercedes. It has that feeling that it has a massive block of wood bolted to the bottom. I'm not sure it is supposed to feel that way or not as this is the only 3.0 I have driven so far. To make matters worse the power steering pump is not working properly, so the steering was a bit funny. All together it was not a very useful test drive to judge the car by.

Besides the power steering pump, which the seller is giving a new one with the car to be exchanged, it has a few problems which on their own seem little but all together it seems would be a lot of time to get the car to perfect condition. Big dent on the door but seller will give another door of the same color, windscreen has a 20cm crack near the corner, although not through on either side. GPS screen has a malfunction. If you press on it it can work, but normally not. So it seems the radio also won't. Then there are a few bits in the internal trim that needs replacement. Like the gear knob is loose and it needs a new one and a few other bits here and there.

Rust I didn't see anything. Only a very small, thump tip sized bust on the top of the rear arch.

Mechanically the engine seems to pull ok, if the weird feeling at the pedal is normal. But it was hard to judge the driving because of the faulty power steering pump. To maneuver in the parking lot it makes all sorts of noises and is heavy. During driving I had the impression the steering wheel was shaking. But it's hard to say if it's the faulty pump or something worse.

I didn't get too much time with the car. And I doubt I would be able to do things like remove the sill covers, remove rear seat base and pull rear carpet forward before I buy. But I guess taking it to a mechanic should not be a problem.

All together I got a bit of cold feet. But it's hard to judge without having a reference point. Maybe this is just how a 3.0 is supposed to drive. ???

So fast forward 6 weeks and this very same car turned up for sale at a totally different part of the country and for considerably less than before. Speaking briefly to the new owner, he admitted he has had the car for only around that much, after I said I had driven it early in the year. Came up with some lame excuse for why he is selling so soon. Something with getting a new job where they give him a car. Yeah, right. Told him why I didn't buy the car before and wished him good luck with the sale.

So glad I held out and didn't buy it. Patience is a good thing to have as well as good judgment. Glad I didn't become desperate because it was a 3.0 manual and they are hard to come by.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.