Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear arb size  (Read 2874 times)

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
Rear arb size
« on: 08 April 2017, 12:32:01 »

Do omegas have different rear ARB sizes on certain models or are all 14mm..?

If all 14mm has anyone fitted monaro rear bushes to their omega

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Rear arb size
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2017, 14:49:53 »

Monaro arb bushes won't fit :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2017, 17:00:07 »

Have u tried ??

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2017, 17:09:13 »

Knock yourself out :y

That's to say I have spent days going through the ECP for both cars and the ONLY two parts that they share are front top mounts and estate rear wheel bearings.

The rear subframe bushes were a £100 gamble on my part...
« Last Edit: 08 April 2017, 17:13:08 by Doctor Gollum »

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2017, 19:31:23 »

more than two parts are shared between omega and i dont need a catalogue to tell you that

front top mounts
rear beam bushes
rear arm bushes
springs also fit from monaro (shocks dont)
and im sure very early monaro (not uk spec) diff bushes fit omega too)

for a little amount ill buy and see .. they for a 14mm arb of rear of monaro so guess they fit considering monaro rear suspension is essentially omega

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2017, 19:36:11 »

What are you hoping to achieve with them? Neither ARB on an Omega locates the suspension, nor do they suffer from wear. I have poly front ARB bushes on mine, and wouldn't bother with them again.
Unlike on a Capri or Granada/Sierra, where they're essential

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2017, 19:48:08 »

not to achieve anything other than poly lasts longer simple...

so as im going through whole car replacing all bushes and joints.. if there something i can fit polyurathene to (that doesnt have adverse affects)  then i will hence asking has anyone fitted them..

all bushes wear.. with age so to say they dont suffer from wear is silly.. rubber deteriorates and thats a fact.. car is 14 years old now they will be perished and less sturdy than new..

if poly dont fit ill fit nice brand new rubber ones.. 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2017, 20:49:26 »

more than two parts are shared between omega and i dont need a catalogue to tell you that

front top mounts I told you that
rear beam bushesThey are actually different, but conveniently happen to fit
rear arm bushesDifferent, but may fit although adjustable aftermarket might cause the suspension to lock up
springs also fit from monaro (shocks dont)Monaro is noticeably lighter
and im sure very early monaro (not uk spec) diff bushes fit omega too)Nope. Diff is a solid mount to axle beam using four bolts and a single rear mount

for a little amount ill buy and see .. they for a 14mm arb of rear of monaro so guess they fit considering monaro rear suspension is essentially omegaAgain, they might, but as a matter of fact although similar in appearance, they are very different
But hey, wtf do I know... :-X
« Last Edit: 09 April 2017, 20:51:11 by Doctor Gollum »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2017, 21:29:27 »

not to achieve anything other than poly lasts longer simple...

so as I'm going through whole car replacing all bushes and joints.. if there something I can fit polyurethene to (that doesn't have adverse affects)  then I will hence asking has anyone fitted them..

all bushes wear.. with age so to say they don't suffer from wear is silly.. rubber deteriorates and thats a fact.. car is 14 years old now they will be perished and less sturdy than new..

if poly don't fit I'll fit nice brand new rubber ones..

I replaced the 14 year old front ARB bushes on my car with polys when I did the wishbones. They were still tight to the bar and the clamp with no visible deterioration. This has been the case with every other car I've seen, hence my suggestion not to bother. If I felt the need to change them just for the sake of it, I would use the much cheaper(and quicker to get!) stock rubber ones. You could probably make a case for building stiffer droplinks which might  vary the effectiveness of the anti-rollbar.

Having spent a fair amount of time under the back of various Omegas(mostly changing wheel bearings), I think your time and money would be far better spent with brand new springs, then refurbing the diff mounts, and maybe replacing the trailing arm bushes(and I bet they're still OK) than the ARB bushes.

Here's the repair to my broken diff mount curing:

This did make a noticeable difference to the back of the car.

The front end is a slightly different matter; replace EVERYTHING that wears, in one go. That's shocks, springs, top mounts, bearings, bump stops, wishbones, track rods and droplinks. This is mainly because it's so sensitive to setup that you only want to be paying for that once.

« Last Edit: 09 April 2017, 21:34:15 by Nick W »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2017, 21:32:59 »

rear arm bushesDifferent, but may fit although adjustable aftermarket might cause the suspension to lock up
and im sure very early monaro (not uk spec) diff bushes fit omega too)Nope. Diff is a solid mount to axle beam using four bolts and a single rear mount

for a little amount ill buy and see .. they for a 14mm arb of rear of monaro so guess they fit considering monaro rear suspension is essentially omegaAgain, they might, but as a matter of fact although similar in appearance, they are very different

Here we go again,,

The I've listened to your wisdom,(knowledge) but am going to do what i want any way, even tho it wont work.

The monaro is SIMILAR, not the same, it shares 2 parts with the omega. 1 being door handles, the other I can't remember.
Hoof'land storeman.

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2017, 21:56:50 »

wisdom knowledge (yer ok?)

monaro is loosly based on omega yes as gm used the platform

top mounts .. no i already knew they fitted you didnt tell me
rear beam so i was right they fit which i knew as it has been done
rear arm bushes do fit again as been done
spring yes car lighter.. but uprated one are stiffer with increased poundage and have been fitted again been done.. and proved to work

again rear bushes if you have not tried how do u know they are different. ? they may be im just saying

now this... here we go again  .. basically shut the **** up .. nothing constructive to say, say **** all simple

this was a good post asking genuine questions and been getting replies and having a discussion but as typical on vauxhall forums people come over all stuck up.. ITS A FORUM.. FOR PEOPLE to share knowledge and build more knowledge... no one on here knows everything and everyone can learn.

monaro shares only two parts with omega.. door handles and oh i cant remeber .. clearly you dont know but hey hoo..

handles... top mounts... rear suspension design.. . some of floor... probs a few more things like a commodore (4 door omega) which shares all four doors, rear suspension, inner strut towers and basically pretty much all body .. apart from a few skins to make it look different

Here we go again,,

The I've listened to your wisdom,(knowledge) but am going to do what i want any way, even tho it wont work.

The monaro is SIMILAR, not the same, it shares 2 parts with the omega. 1 being door handles, the other I can't remember.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2017, 21:59:17 by laney101 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2017, 22:11:43 »

Then perhaps you might stop for a second and consider that you're not the first person to ask these questions. I personally have seven years and 180k miles experience, and that's only one car, so imagine how much thought and effort is put into keeping these cars at the top of their game.

You asked a question, but didn't like the answer... this isn't all stuck up, it's you not liking the answer you were given.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2017, 22:14:44 »

And as I said before... it's your car, money and time... so knock yourself out.

If it works, great, I will be really happy for you. But if it turns out that it's a dog to drive, and that the parts don't give the result you seek, we will say that you were told :-X

laney101

• Intermediate Member
  • liverpool
    • omega elite v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2017, 22:24:17 »

i know im probably not the first person to ask question..  and point is ?? still asking the question it is aloud..

good for you .. and?
90% of people may be on a forum but not keep cars in tip top.. it just a tool to look after car or repair it yourself not always keeping it 100% perfect.

nothing to do with not liking answer.. it how people LIKE YOU reply. and put answers accross stop being a dick..  never known a forum like it.
i asked one simple question  do all omega have a 14mm rear arb .. wanted a yes or no simple..

then i asked If all are 14mm has anyone fitted monaro rear bushes to their omega all as people had to say was again yes or no..

could have finished all this is about two posts but no people like you come along and this happens

Then perhaps you might stop for a second and consider that you're not the first person to ask these questions. I personally have seven years and 180k miles experience, and that's only one car, so imagine how much thought and effort is put into keeping these cars at the top of their game.

You asked a question, but didn't like the answer... this isn't all stuck up, it's you not liking the answer you were given.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 April 2017, 13:58:36 »

Children, children, play nicely or I'll have to put on an Admin hat and through you out of the playground.

Not aimed at any one person, as, TBH, I CBA to read it.

>:(
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.