Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear subframe bushes  (Read 771 times)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Rear subframe bushes
« on: 14 April 2017, 16:13:28 »

Just passing on some information and observations when replacing my bushes last week.after replacing these bushes and due to the rear springs acting on the subframe causing it to move backwards .this causes you to need to lever the axle forward enough again to get the bolts back in.once it's all back together you invariably will end up with the entire subframe a distance equal on both sides maybe but further back than ideal.causing undue strain on the rear u mounts which are prone to failure anyway.mine were very noticeably sticking out of the back than they should ,confirmed by undoing the bolts and even at the end of the small tolerance available too far out. So I decided to shim the bores of the donut bushes to centralise the bolts.3 lengths of 15mm copper pipe opened up worked a treat .re assembled and much better ,less strain on rear mounts but still not perfect.due to movement of the captive nut and lots of clearance to chassis.so final adjustment obtained by removing rear springs to make alignment easy(much much easier) ,finding a thin(same as or less then chassis metal thickness)that fits around bolt hole and chassis hole to remove rest of movement.held in place with a piece of adhesive aluminium duct tape.all back together and no strain on rear mounts. They even bolt up central to their slot .
« Last Edit: 14 April 2017, 16:18:01 by cam.in.head »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.