Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 e-mail client  (Read 1269 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Windows 10 e-mail client
« on: 03 May 2017, 22:41:04 »

I decided to start using the Win1o e-mail client for work as it is less restrictive of the size of attachments than OWA that I`m currently using.

One problem though is that when some e-mails are sent with attachments it spits it dummy out and then neither sends or receives e-mails for days meaning I then have to go back to OWA which only allows 5mb per attachment.

Outlook would be better but it won`t sync with my works e-mail address for some reason (even though I get messages from Outlook in my works e-mails).

Has anyone used the Win 10 e-mail client and had any problems and are there any fixes? Last time it was a week before it started to sync again.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 e-mail client
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2017, 23:08:54 »

IMHO all the Win10 / Store email clients are crap. Use to use Outlook Express years ago, but when that ended in the Vista / Win7 lanch back in 2008'ish I switched to Thunderbird, still going strong in Win10. Does exactly what it says on the tin.  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2017, 09:12:19 »

Yep, email clients are universally rubbish, but Thunderbird seems to be about the best of a bad job. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2017, 09:52:45 »

I use outlook for everything on tablets and phones but use email client on my home pc for personal emails. It is inconsistent with attachments sent from within the application and I end up attaching to a new email rather than sending from within application. Outlook is fine for everything so maybe I drop 10 client at some stage. I thought they were dropping this programme?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2017, 10:15:37 »

I don`t use firefox and I`m not going to change my browser just for Thunderbird, OWA works fine but the attachments are too small for what I need.

Win10 e-mail has started working again today and I only started using it because it was convenient but it is so unreliable for e-mails as well as attachments.

Looks like I will have to get Outlook sorted out  :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2017, 10:25:04 »

I don`t use firefox and I`m not going to change my browser just for Thunderbird, OWA works fine but the attachments are too small for what I need.

Win10 e-mail has started working again today and I only started using it because it was convenient but it is so unreliable for e-mails as well as attachments.

Nothing to do with Firefox Browser, ok its from the same people, but Thunderbird is a stand alone client, works independent of any Browser, so no Browser changes required.  ;)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2017, 12:57:57 »

Nothing to do with Firefox Browser, ok its from the same people, but Thunderbird is a stand alone client, works independent of any Browser, so no Browser changes required.  ;)

Cheers for that Zirk :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2017, 16:24:28 »

I have Windows 10, but have used IncrediMail for years now.

Personally I find it just what I need 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.