Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: What Car for 24yo Female  (Read 8978 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: What Car for 24yo Female
« Reply #60 on: 01 June 2017, 09:20:59 »

Personally I've found it useful, doing low speed turn in, it's highlighted the edge of the road better as I'm turning in/out at a T junction. Also at low speed 30mph town work on corners also noticed it lighting up the pavement more, so I like it.

But then again any new feature on a cars when discussed here, is instantly "sh!T"..... because it's not on an Omega.  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 01 June 2017, 10:46:11 »

Agee with this. Probably the most pointless feature on SWMBO's yeti. Bendy headlights following just behind!

My father has steering headlights on his Volvo and I think they are genuinely useful, but probably quite expensive to implement, unlike doing it on the cheap with the foglights - because it's another useless "feature" we can add to the spec list at no cost whatsoever.

Meanwhile, every time you go round a roundabout, people think you're one of those self-abusers who can't be arsed to change a bulb. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 01 June 2017, 11:40:01 »

But then again any new feature on a cars when discussed here, is instantly "sh!T"..... because it's not on an Omega.  ::)

Now now, calm down Tunnie....  ::)  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 01 June 2017, 12:02:37 »

[Michael Winner voice on]Now now, calm down dear Tunnie... It's only an appliance ::)[/Michael. Winner voice off]  :P
Comedy is a cruel mistress ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 01 June 2017, 12:30:54 »

[Michael Winner voice on]Now now, calm down dear Tunnie... It's only an appliance ::)[/Michael. Winner voice off]  :P
Comedy is a cruel mistress ;D

Now now Dr G, dear Tunnie might have a sense of humour failure!  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 01 June 2017, 17:47:14 »

Agee with this. Probably the most pointless feature on SWMBO's yeti. Bendy headlights following just behind!

My father has steering headlights on his Volvo and I think they are genuinely useful, but probably quite expensive to implement, unlike doing it on the cheap with the foglights - because it's another useless "feature" we can add to the spec list at no cost whatsoever.

Meanwhile, every time you go round a roundabout, people think you're one of those self-abusers who can't be arsed to change a bulb. ::)
Dad's old Citroen DS had this, believe back then it was purely mechanical. And is genuinely useful.  The Shaguar has, like many modern cars, adaptive headlights, which do a similar job by electronically.

Worryingly, like many modern cars, it also has auto lighting.  Like every single implementation, I think its too slow to dip the headlights. Sadly, I can find no way to disable it.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 01 June 2017, 17:50:01 »

Personally I've found it useful, doing low speed turn in, it's highlighted the edge of the road better as I'm turning in/out at a T junction. Also at low speed 30mph town work on corners also noticed it lighting up the pavement more, so I like it.

The XJ has cornering lights, but rather than use the fog lights (which it lacks, not even an option, so thumbs up to Jag for being brave enough not to appease the idiots of this world), it uses dedicated cornering lights built into the main headlight unit, like the L322 Range Rover etc.  I personally fail to see the point, but at least its done properly, on properly aligned and tested lamp units.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 01 June 2017, 17:54:43 »

Same as E Class I had :y

New car only had bumper mounted fogs as part of a, very, expensive AMG 'styling' upgrade.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 01 June 2017, 18:04:27 »

The XJ has cornering lights, but rather than use the fog lights (which it lacks, not even an option, so thumbs up to Jag for being brave enough not to appease the idiots of this world), it uses dedicated cornering lights built into the main headlight unit, like the L322 Range Rover etc.  I personally fail to see the point, but at least its done properly, on properly aligned and tested lamp units.

Probably because Jag decided, when has it in the last few years been foggy enough to use front fogs  :-\
I carnt remember the last time I turned on the rear fogs let alone the front fogs .....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 01 June 2017, 18:05:42 »

Probably because Jag decided, when has it in the last few years been foggy enough to use front fogs  :-\
I carnt remember the last time I turned on the rear fogs let alone the front fogs .....
Last time my rears went on was just before MOT, just to check.

Last time they went on whilst driving? Probably not this millennium.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 02 June 2017, 00:24:55 »

I can't remember the last time I turned on the rear fogs let alone the front fogs .....

I've held a full licence for 29 years, and have averaged at least 30k miles per year. I have enough fingers to count the number of times rear foglights might have been useful if fitted. The only time I used front fog lights was to illuminate the kerb in falling snow.

The over use of either have convinced me that ANY car fitted with fog lights would benefit from a third one, fitted with a 100watt bulb, directly in the driver's eyeline.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 02 June 2017, 00:27:16 »

Amazing how different areas have different fog, we are near low lying marsh land, and many days over winter you cannot see 10 meters in front of you, good front and rears feel like a neccessity.  We still have the idiots leaving em on the rest of the time too though!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 02 June 2017, 00:49:19 »

Yes we regularly get 'Pea Soupers' round here.  :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 02 June 2017, 18:48:29 »

Lord opti mode ON.

A 24 year old single llaydee, should be driving around in a convertible, paid for by here sugar daddy------lord
« Last Edit: 02 June 2017, 18:51:51 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #74 on: 02 June 2017, 20:21:16 »

Yes we regularly get 'Pea Soupers' round here.  :)
Yes...we've all seen hound of the Baskervilles  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.