Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK Gov, No more Petrol or Diesel Cars, Vans by 2040  (Read 1148 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
UK Gov, No more Petrol or Diesel Cars, Vans by 2040
« on: 26 July 2017, 12:42:45 »

This came up in conversation last night with a few mates, and already it seems to be confusing folk as to exactly what is means.

I read it as, "the Sale of NEW Petrol and Diesel Cars and Vans by 2040", so, we'll still be running around in them, just not brand new ones, does that help the Environment?, probably not, what will happen though, long before then, is most major Cities in the UK leveling a "Pay to Enter" Emission Zones, meaning, Buy Electric, dont bother or I need to, I have no choice and end paying something like £100+ per day Charge or Fine to get to work every day.

Those that can afford a Brand New Electric Car will be better off, in every respect, those that cant, wont.

What about our existing Petrol and Diesels Cars and Vans made before 2040, will that make them more attractive and see an increase in their Value?, dont know, but guessing there will be some financial incentive to scrap as many as possible, probably incentives to off set the cost of a New Electric run around, nice if you afford it.

No mention of LPG, or LPG Electric Hybrids, Diesel Trucks, Lorries, Plant Hire etc, and whos going to invent these wonderfull Batteries by then to keep the UK Transport System moving, without stopping every few hours to re charge them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40723581

« Last Edit: 26 July 2017, 12:47:25 by zirk »

STEMO

Re: UK Gov, No more Petrol or Diesel Cars, Vans by 2040
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2017, 13:03:21 »

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=140310.0
Everyone on this thread is thoroughly in favour of it  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2017, 13:07:41 »

And this one.  ::)  Keep up at the back please!  :D  ;D

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=140308.0
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2017, 13:11:23 »

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=140310.0
Everyone on this thread is thoroughly in favour of it  ::)
:) As said before Steve, not on here much these days, let alone actually read stuff as well.  ;D

So as a follow up to the post then, Whats the difference between, Ignorance and Arrogance.............answer.....   I dont know and I dont give a f$ck, I'll be bombing around in my 4x4 Electric Mobility Scooter by then.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2017, 13:45:36 »

Surely...no one believes a word of this. Where the f**k did Michael Gove get 2040 from? Did he just pluck it from space, or decide that, if the French can say that, we should say it too?
I'm pretty sure that this evolution will happen, sooner or later, but to try and work towards a date that's been given no thought is just plain stupid. As Nick said, an aim, or an ambition, no more than that.

Now go out and buy a big diesel, especially if you live in a small town or village. You know you want to.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2017, 13:51:14 »

Surely...no one believes a word of this. Where the f**k did Michael Gove get 2040 from? Did he just pluck it from space, or decide that, if the French can say that, we should say it too?
I'm pretty sure that this evolution will happen, sooner or later, but to try and work towards a date that's been given no thought is just plain stupid. As Nick said, an aim, or an ambition, no more than that.

Now go out and buy a big diesel, especially if you live in a small town or village. You know you want to.

Yep......he used the tried and tested 'think of a number' method so beloved by politicians.

Anyway by 2040 he will be long gone. The hit man sent to Boris to dispatch him for being a snake in the grass will have done his work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2017, 15:07:01 »

I think Michael Give has got the type of face you just want to punch, this idea just makes it more tempting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.