Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Council/Government/Spongers Rant  (Read 4178 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: council employees
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2008, 18:02:49 »

.. we have that stupid bird from Liberty on the telly every morning protesting that prisoners/junkies/criminals/etc are getting unfair treatment.  She needs to see the sharp end of a rifle as well, dozy, useless, pointless cow.   .....

This one?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 August 2008, 18:05:07 »

.. we have that stupid bird from Liberty on the telly every morning protesting that prisoners/junkies/criminals/etc are getting unfair treatment.  She needs to see the sharp end of a rifle as well, dozy, useless, pointless cow.   .....

This one?
Thats the useless bitch
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
Re: Council/Government/Spongers Rant
« Reply #32 on: 07 August 2008, 18:05:08 »

We have gone waaaay off topic, and original post was a serious post, so I've split it where I thought was relevent.

Sorry for going off topic AndyB.

and we never ever go off topic on OOF ..... do we!  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 August 2008, 18:05:32 »

This one?
Thats the useless pregnant dog
effing word censor   >:(
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 August 2008, 18:06:08 »

This one?
Thats the useless pregnant dog

What are you doing watching day time telly? I just can't watch it .... any of it.  ;D  ;)

FRE07962128

« Reply #35 on: 07 August 2008, 18:07:12 »

Yep totally agree.  Also sterilising the junkies would be another great idea so they can't have kid after kid to get more benefits and to stop another generation of little psychos emerging.

It does make me wonder what Darwin would think about the future prognosis for our gene pool. Soon they will be the only people in society who can afford to procreate.  :-X

Kevin

Yes very worrying.  I've recently had a pay cut and I've had to sorn my car as I cannot afford to tax it.  It makes me pretty sick when I see unemployed people driving around in brand new cars and I can't afford to get by working six days a week.

How do you know they are unemployed?  :-? :-?

It is a fact that basic "unemployed" people cannot afford brand new cars, they just do not receive enough Job Seekers Allowance to do so! ::) ::) ::)   If they have enough savings to pay for a brand new car then they will not be able to claim benefits!!!! ::) ::)

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 August 2008, 18:10:39 »

Yep totally agree.  Also sterilising the junkies would be another great idea so they can't have kid after kid to get more benefits and to stop another generation of little psychos emerging.

It does make me wonder what Darwin would think about the future prognosis for our gene pool. Soon they will be the only people in society who can afford to procreate.  :-X

Kevin

Yes very worrying.  I've recently had a pay cut and I've had to sorn my car as I cannot afford to tax it.  It makes me pretty sick when I see unemployed people driving around in brand new cars and I can't afford to get by working six days a week.

It is a fact that basic "unemployed" people cannot afford brand new cars, they just do not receive enough Job Seekers Allowance to do so! ::) ::) ::)   If they have enough savings to pay for a brand new car then they will not be able to claim benefits!!!! ::) ::)

People I know who are unemployed.  Plenty of them about up here.  You can still get credit when you are unemployed.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 August 2008, 18:11:57 »

Kevin

People I know who are unemployed.  Plenty of them about up here.  You can still get credit when you are unemployed.
Not for the last few months....
Grumpy old man

FRE07962128

« Reply #38 on: 07 August 2008, 18:13:54 »

Kevin

You can only obtain VERY limited credit when people are "unemployed", and not enough to buy brand new cars! ::) ::)

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2008, 18:14:07 »

It's been finally changed then.  Point being though - people who are capable of work and have no interest in working learn rather quickly how to sponge the system and you can make a healthy living from it.  I've heard plenty of them boasting about it.

Also plenty of them claiming credit on neighbours post codes etc.

LaserLance

• Omega Knight
  • medway towns
  • Red or Black please!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 August 2008, 18:33:41 »

"esp when we have that stupid bird from Liberty" you mean shami ,shami,shami :) jon gaunt from talksports favourate person apart from himself  ;D ;D

FRE07962128

« Reply #41 on: 07 August 2008, 18:56:04 »

It's been finally changed then.  Point being though - people who are capable of work and have no interest in working learn rather quickly how to sponge the system and you can make a healthy living from it.  I've heard plenty of them boasting about it.

Also plenty of them claiming credit on neighbours post codes etc.

Ah, so we have moved away from "brand new cars" ::)

But how many is "plenty" ; 100% of 6 or 3% of 100 unemployed?  Or just the odd minority who are the criminally minded amoungst us anyway? :-? :-?

At any level of our society, top to bottom, there are people who "use" the system for their own ends to unfairly obtain advantage from the rest of us. >:( >:( >:(     However it is dangerous to tar all unemployed with the same brush and condemn them, or anyone else for that matter, with bland general statements without hard facts to back it all up!

That is what the Nazis did against the Jews, the disabled, the sick, the trade unionists etc!!

Me getting heavy?  Well yes, but this is what prejudice does in society at the extreme, and reading through this "rant" it shows how easily prejudice can be stoked without true facts to back it all up; just "feelings" leading to "hate"! >:( >:(

albitz

« Reply #42 on: 07 August 2008, 19:49:26 »

I have been unemployed through no fault of my own since april 10th.
so far I have not claimed a penny from the state as a matter of principle,as i believe that large chunks of the welfare state should be dismantled.
I have investigated the benifits system and i believe that if i was to play on the disability i have ,i could have a new car (motobility)and could get by on the benifits which i could claim.
I consider myself to be able to work for a while yet and that is what i intend to do.
i have applied for many jobs and not had so much as a reply from most of them,but i had an interview last week for a job (35 per cent less money than i was earning) and i am pinning my hopes on getting the job.
if i dont have a job by this time next week i will have no option but to claim benifits,if i do it will be with a heavy heart and probably tears in my eyes. :(
In short i largely agree with The Boy on this subject .there are many people in this country who have a reasonably comfortable existence by playing the benefits system.The government are doing these people no favours as they are removing the concepts of aspiration and ambition from them in their early years,and it of course causes resentment from taxpayers who are working to keep these families as well as their own.It also denies funds to genuinely sick and disabled people which is disgraceful.
I will start having some faith in the tory party when Dave (blair lite)cameron explains how he will stop this and reverse the hundreds of tax increases imposed in the last decade.
Personally I will believe it when i see it.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2008, 20:23:11 by albitz »

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #43 on: 07 August 2008, 20:10:07 »

Going back to council tax.......there would be an uproar if council tax payers knew how much the local councils spend on taxi's  :-X

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07 August 2008, 20:25:06 »

The roots of the problem are twofold, IMHO.

1) We have a benefits system that allows people to attain a better standard of life on benefits than they would be able to achieve by working. Regardless of the reason for being on benefits, that hardly gives any incentive to try and improve their lot in life. Benefits are paid to able-bodied people to provide temporary assistance to allow them to survive while they do that. They should provide for accommodation, food, clothes, sanitation and heating. Not lottery tickets, cars, fags, booze, drugs, flat screen TVs, Sky subscriptions, etc.

2) The "anything goes" morality that we have these days that teaches us that any lifestyle, no matter how selfish, is to be respected, means that people don't have the decency to stand on their own feet when they can make a "lifestyle choice" to sponge off the rest of us.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.