Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Offended  (Read 3611 times)

RonaldMcBurger

Offended
« on: 05 December 2006, 15:49:32 »

I will just say that I am not here much at the moment, so I am ashamed when I look through some of the current threads to find the single biggest Christian festival of the year being mocked left, right and centre. Most of you were either baptised or Christened i would imagine, yet you feel it appropriate to mock this fundamental and highly historic event with advent calenders/beer crates and a general whinge about how terrible it all is.

I am disgusted and IF this is the way the forum is going, you can count on my leaving!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Offended
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2006, 15:54:37 »

Im am sorry if you are offended by what has been posted Fin, but as I said im my post I am not religious. Christmas means different things to different people and to me Christmas is a holiday where family and friends get together, eat drink and be merry.
Retired

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2006, 16:00:08 »

PM sent
The Administrator.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2006, 16:04:31 »

Apologies that you feel that way RonaldMcBurger

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2006, 16:10:35 »

Firstly sorry if offended you Fin but....

A definition of Christmas:

Christmas (literally, the Mass of Christ) is a holiday in the Christian calendar, usually observed on December 25, which celebrates the birth of Jesus

Another:

the annual Christian festival celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ

Christmas is a religious holiday, and I am not a Christian , and i do not belive in God.. I suspect most of the top shops in the high street (dixons, M&S, Tesco) do not belive in it either... its just a away of companies making money.

A few weeks ago it was the end of Ramadan, Hayes is a largely muslim area and there were some BIG partys here after it ended, and tones of fireworks, all night.. really was big here. Did they spam our TV with adverts of how great it is? Did we see loads of companies advertsing food for then end of Ramadan or fireworks? No they just got on with it.

I am fed up with all this commerical exploitation of Christmas, and the fact we are practically forced to buy presents for people that largley are not wanted and not used.

Sorry but thats the way i feel, and i am not alone....

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 December 2006, 16:23:51 »

Sorry if my post offended mate it was done to amuse not cause offence.
As Tunnie says the spirit of Christmas has been so diluted as to be seen as little more than a festival of consumerism, which is I suppose a rather sad reflection of the world we live in today.
I think the whole point is that Christmas is being exploited as a way of retailers to make a large profit and bears little if any relationship to a Christian festival.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 December 2006, 16:28:16 »

Christmas means different things to different people and we all celebrate it in our own way.
Retired

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2006, 16:31:57 »

Christmas means different things to different people and we all celebrate it in our own way.

Spot on  :y

STMO123

« Reply #8 on: 05 December 2006, 16:38:58 »

Christmas (literally, the Mass of Christ) is a holiday in the Christian calendar, usually observed on December 25, which celebrates the birth of Jesus

Another:

Christmas is a religious holiday, and I am not a Christian , and i do not belive in God.. I suspect most of the top shops in the high street (dixons, M&S, Tesco) do not belive in it either... its just a away of companies making money.

A few weeks ago it was the end of Ramadan, Hayes is a largely muslim area and there were some BIG partys here after it ended, and tones of fireworks, all night.. really was big here. Did they spam our TV with adverts of how great it is? Did we see loads of companies advertsing food for then end of Ramadan or fireworks? No they just got on with it.

I am fed up with all this commerical exploitation of Christmas, and the fact we are practically forced to buy presents for people that largley are not wanted and not used.

Christmas, like most things religious, was "invented" by some idiot in about the thirteenth century. Not only am I irreligious, i am a firm believer that it causes more trouble than any other threat in the world today. It should be banned and wiped from history.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2006, 19:10:22 by STMO123 »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 December 2006, 18:53:30 »

Another:

First of all sorry if it offended u RMCB but i agree with tunnie and as EP said it means different things to different people
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 December 2006, 18:56:37 »

Another:

Christmas, like most things religious, was "invented" by some idiot in about the thirteenth century. Not only am I irreigious, i am a firm believer that it causes more trouble than any other threat in the world today. It should be banned and wiped from history.

Agreed we should still have Christmas and that is very well but STMO123 is absolutely spot on it causes many many arguments i think Christmas should be more for the kids but that my opinion others can have there opinion thats up to them

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 December 2006, 21:12:41 »

Whilst I can understand the reason for RMCB's departure, which I think is sad :(....I do strongly agree with STMO123 (Estimo) comments regarding religion, and have thought the same for many years, the sorry thing about that is that it is true. Whilst I have been christened, I have not done so with my children, as I believe they, when they are old enough, and should they want to get into religion they do it themselves without it being forced upon them.

Everyone to their own, however, I thought this site was about meegas, and having a bit of banter, and potentially debate on other not car related issues and a laugh amongst adults.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2006, 21:26:46 by mickdundee »

STMO123

« Reply #12 on: 05 December 2006, 21:14:56 »

Whilst I can understand the reason for RMCB's departure, which I think is sad :(....I do strongly agree with STNO123 comments regarding religion, and have thought the same for many years, the sorry thing about that is that it is true. Whilst I have been christened, I have not done so with my children, as I believe they, when they are old enough, and should they want to get into religion they do it themselves without it being forced upon them.

Everyone to their own, however, I thought this site was about meegas, and having a bit of banter, and potentially debate on other not car related issues and a laugh amongst adults.

That wasn't you talking sense there was it mate?

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 December 2006, 21:17:43 »

Whilst I can understand the reason for RMCB's departure, which I think is sad :(....I do strongly agree with STNO123 comments regarding religion, and have thought the same for many years, the sorry thing about that is that it is true. Whilst I have been christened, I have not done so with my children, as I believe they, when they are old enough, and should they want to get into religion they do it themselves without it being forced upon them.

That wasn't you talking sense there was it mate?

He is talking sense there i haven't had my kids christened either and Mick thats absolutely spot on m8
Plus STMO123 IT'S M8 NOT MATE >:( ;)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 December 2006, 21:18:45 »

I'm with Mick. Let it lie.  :-X
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.