Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What a lovely place the USA is  (Read 6387 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: What a lovely place the USA is
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2020, 20:11:35 »

Had several holidays in the USA all been great & we were treated very well by the Americans we met, I got the impression that they are very proud of their country unlike some in the UK who like to dump refuse in lay-bys etc. Good & bad in all races as for Trump he says what a lot of people think and got to agree he will walk in again easily.

So did we, a number of visits seeing and living with our American friends who had lived in the UK working on F111’s of the USAAF. Both were retired military, and had served in the Vietnam war. I agree, all their friends we met, and other Americans were really friendly.

But, they all had one thing in common; they detested their politics, saying it was driven by money and the way their electoral system worked it was the richest who got into power, not necessarily by a long way the best for the job!

Trump is the perfect example of all that these patriotic Americans hated! >:(
You won't find a US military person ever voting Democrat ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2020, 20:14:22 »

Had several holidays in the USA all been great & we were treated very well by the Americans we met, I got the impression that they are very proud of their country unlike some in the UK who like to dump refuse in lay-bys etc. Good & bad in all races as for Trump he says what a lot of people think and got to agree he will walk in again easily.

So did we, a number of visits seeing and living with our American friends who had lived in the UK working on F111’s of the USAAF. Both were retired military, and had served in the Vietnam war. I agree, all their friends we met, and other Americans were really friendly.

But, they all had one thing in common; they detested their politics, saying it was driven by money and the way their electoral system worked it was the richest who got into power, not necessarily by a long way the best for the job!

Trump is the perfect example of all that these patriotic Americans hated! >:(
You won't find a US military person ever voting Democrat ;D

Oh, yes, these two, had been both senior officers. The Vietnam War was something they were ashamed of and never wanted to talk about. Therefore they firmly supported the Republicans, but did not support idiots  :D ;)
« Last Edit: 24 April 2020, 20:17:28 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 April 2020, 22:33:30 »

I quite like old Donald but at times he does seem hopelessly out of his depth. Probably win a second term as POTUS though. :)

Me too, he usually provides a laugh and I love the lefty outrage he provokes!  ;D

The world will be a duller place if Biden wins the election.   :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 April 2020, 23:30:26 »

I quite like old Donald but at times he does seem hopelessly out of his depth. Probably win a second term as POTUS though. :)

Me too, he usually provides a laugh and I love the lefty outrage he provokes!  ;D

The world will be a duller safer place if Biden wins the election.   :-\

FTFY

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 April 2020, 23:45:58 »

The Iranians might be happier...

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 April 2020, 23:47:40 »

FTFY

Have to agree, Don is terribly funny and all that, as long as he's not happening to you. C-19 may well be the first adversary he's ever encountered in his life that can't be bullied, bought, bribed or slandered into submission and his laughable absence of leadership is shining through nice and clear. Will he get re-elected? Probably, countries get the governments they deserve.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2020, 00:05:03 »

Of course, Hilary would never do any of that. Oh no...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2020, 01:38:25 »

FTFY

I think you'll find he has been more dovish than his last two predecessors and probably the ones before them as well.  ;)
« Last Edit: 25 April 2020, 01:44:20 by Sir Tigger QC »

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 25 April 2020, 07:17:45 »

FTFY

I think you'll find he has been more dovish than his last two predecessors and probably the ones before them as well.  ;)
Correct. That's what bullies do, back down at the first sign of confrontation.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 April 2020, 09:43:43 »

Cant generalise about the USA any more than you can generalise about Europe. Its far to big, diverse and populated for simplistic generalisations.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 April 2020, 10:41:38 »

FTFY

Which in Trump's case is a good thing no?  ???

He hasn't launched and dragged us into an illegal war costing millions of lives and trillions of dollars, he's bombed less than Obama did and if he's guilty of anything militarily it's of being too dovish where he probably should have been stronger, when he withdrew US troops from Syria allowing the Russians and Turks to fill the gap.  :-\

The there's North Korea.  He's done more to try and solve that problem and bring North Korea into the international community than any US president.  He hasn't succeeded sadly, much to his opponents glee, but I think he should get some credit for at least getting where he did.  :)

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 25 April 2020, 11:28:33 »

FTFY

Which in Trump's case is a good thing no?  ???

He hasn't launched and dragged us into an illegal war costing millions of lives and trillions of dollars, he's bombed less than Obama did and if he's guilty of anything militarily it's of being too dovish where he probably should have been stronger, when he withdrew US troops from Syria allowing the Russians and Turks to fill the gap.  :-\

The there's North Korea.  He's done more to try and solve that problem and bring North Korea into the international community than any US president.  He hasn't succeeded sadly, much to his opponents glee, but I think he should get some credit for at least getting where he did.  :)
Yes, you could say he has eased tensions with NK. That was after he threatened to obliterate the country and called Kim Youg Un a little rocket man. When confronted he backed down. Dovish or cowardly?
Since the NK has test fired various missiles and rockets without a peep from the US. Started up it's nuclear processing plant a few times as well.
He ordered the assassination of the Iranian general (his name escapes me) and, in retaliation, Iran fired missiles into American bases in Iraq injuring quite a few American soldiers. First off, he said no Americans had been injured then, when it came to light that many had been damaged by blast injuries, he pulled them out. After, of course, shooting off his big mouth about what he was going to do. This week he ordered his navy ships in the gulf to "shoot down"  ;D Iranian gunboats if they bothered the fleet. Iran laughed.

He is a joke.

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 25 April 2020, 11:32:51 »

The bleach and UV light incident showed him up for what he is, a buffoon, with no knowledge of anything outside his tiny business bubble. And as for diplomacy........ :'(

Did you read the fake news article I posted from the NYT?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 April 2020, 11:35:39 »

It's the US equivalent of the Guardian writing a piece on Boris...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.