Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jag SUV (F Pace ?)  (Read 5608 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Jag SUV (F Pace ?)
« Reply #30 on: 08 August 2021, 12:04:49 »

Most Mercedes owners wouldn't be aware that the bonnet can be opened. The car is magically transported from the dealer's premises to an alternate universe where it is worked upon by fantastic and superior beings, which is why the huge costs are so accepted.

I have to say that in over 2 years I've only ever lifted the bonnet of my ML to top up the screen wash & to jump start AN Other car. It was serviced away from the dealer network so no 'huge costs' incurred.  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 August 2021, 14:06:50 »

As a tight arse old fart who has never bought a car less than eight years old,  :-[  i often wonder why, in the UK, we always seem to be at the back of the queue on recalls and manufacturers admitting their product has a inherent fault. The Fort Powershit debacle springs to mind, where it surfaced in Australia and the US long before there was any admittance from Ford UK. No wonder it's called rip off Britain.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 August 2021, 15:08:20 »

Most Mercedes owners wouldn't be aware that the bonnet can be opened. The car is magically transported from the dealer's premises to an alternate universe where it is worked upon by fantastic and superior beings, which is why the huge costs are so accepted.

I have to say that in over 2 years I've only ever lifted the bonnet of my ML to top up the screen wash & to jump start AN Other car. It was serviced away from the dealer network so no 'huge costs' incurred.  :y

Is this the brown one? :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 August 2021, 15:58:56 »

No, he's got two.... possibly three, of them  ::)
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 August 2021, 17:04:59 »

Didn't Mr Beanz buy one in an unfortunate shade of seventies BL brown? :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 August 2021, 17:07:11 »

99.99% of posts on Jaguar forums relate to diesel engines having issues, it seems. Of course, there are probably many out there which are fine.. :-\

Not easy things, either. Timing chains, etc.

That's on top of the normal issues with modern diesels such as having to plan your movements around the needs of their pollution control systems if you want reliability.

I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, but you have to go searching to find one with a proper engine, as said...

Kevin Wood......the voice of reason and sanity. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 August 2021, 18:04:11 »

No .... the Vermillion one!  ::) ::) ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 August 2021, 18:05:38 »

There are just 4 cars at our house .... 2 Smarts, a French thing & a Merc ML  :y :y

(and a Yam TDM that's not seen the road in years  :-[)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 August 2021, 18:06:14 »

Didn't Mr Beanz buy one in an unfortunate shade of seventies BL brown? :)

:P :P :P :P :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 August 2021, 18:33:53 »

There are just 4 cars at our house .... 2 Smarts, a French thing & a Merc ML  :y :y

(and a Yam TDM that's not seen the road in years  :-[)

Citroen SM.....or Veyron?

Do tell. :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 August 2021, 19:50:50 »

Citroen SM.....or Veyron?

Do tell. :)

I wish!  ;D It's a Shitroen C3 in Asda green  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09 August 2021, 09:44:29 »

I had one for 26k miles and it was brilliant, I only moved to the Velar as it lacked gadgets.

That said, just about to order another F-Pace now the specs have been revised.

Mine was the 180bhp diesel, 0-60 was around 8 seconds ish from memory and it had great road manners with economy on the commute of circa 50mpg. The F-Pace works as rear wheel drive under normal running and only transfers power to the front when needed (Velar is permanent 4X4)

The only real diesel issue is the AdBlue systems (as per all cars of the that time) with occasional NOx sensor faults and clogged DEF injectors.

My biggest advise is NOT to service them at 21k miles and 2 years, do them at half that and timing chain wear is no longer an issue.

DPF no big issue on these, its a longitudinal engine install so has a close coupled unit unlike the transverse version on the D8 platform

Auto box is great, the ZF8 is probably the best auto out there at the minute and 'just works', they can be serviced a
s the mileage gets high and parts are common across many marks
« Last Edit: 09 August 2021, 09:47:28 by Marks DTM Calib »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 August 2021, 11:05:39 »

Thanks for that. I will pass on the info to BIL.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 August 2021, 13:01:15 »

I had one for 26k miles and it was brilliant, I only moved to the Velar as it lacked gadgets.

That said, just about to order another F-Pace now the specs have been revised.

Mine was the 180bhp diesel, 0-60 was around 8 seconds ish from memory and it had great road manners with economy on the commute of circa 50mpg. The F-Pace works as rear wheel drive under normal running and only transfers power to the front when needed (Velar is permanent 4X4)

The only real diesel issue is the AdBlue systems (as per all cars of the that time) with occasional NOx sensor faults and clogged DEF injectors.

My biggest advise is NOT to service them at 21k miles and 2 years, do them at half that and timing chain wear is no longer an issue.

DPF no big issue on these, its a longitudinal engine install so has a close coupled unit unlike the transverse version on the D8 platform

Auto box is great, the ZF8 is probably the best auto out there at the minute and 'just works', they can be serviced a
s the mileage gets high and parts are common across many marks

If this is the same auto as used in my 2015 XFR.....then I agree. :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.