Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I want a new TV  (Read 6632 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: I want a new TV
« Reply #30 on: 03 November 2006, 08:29:00 »

DVDS VIDEOS look great on the bigger screen, never had any probs, surround sound is great too :y

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 November 2006, 13:49:42 »

DVDS VIDEOS look great on the bigger screen, never had any probs, surround sound is great too :y
Not entirely sure that i'd want surround sound on the videos i watch in the bedroom  ;D  ;D  ;D
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 November 2006, 13:52:43 »

Not entirely sure that i'd want surround sound on the videos i watch in the bedroom  ;D  ;D  ;D
Quadragasmic?  :D ;D
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #33 on: 03 November 2006, 15:18:26 »

but it could convince the sound is not from the tv and is errrrrr perhaps live :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 November 2006, 19:02:50 »

Quadragasmic?  :D ;D

for the front room :o :o

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 November 2006, 11:56:24 »

Just ordered one of the Samsung LCD TVs for the smokers lounge at work, will let you know what its like when it gets here.

Martin_1962

« Reply #36 on: 04 November 2006, 20:55:20 »

I've seen two TVs I would like both 1080p 46" LCD one was 2800 the other 3500

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 November 2006, 21:05:27 »

Just ordered one of the Samsung LCD TVs for the smokers lounge at work, will let you know what its like when it gets here.

cheers Salty  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 November 2006, 21:08:27 »

any of our techie experts able to comment on this ( spec wise)

forget the extras - the very same model 37" lg is £699 in makro

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/955059?camp_id=right_nav_TV

good or what? :o
« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 21:09:37 by Markiec »

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 December 2006, 20:11:51 »

cheers Salty  :y

Well the samsung LCD TV arrived here yesterday, spent an hour setting it up in the workshop. Nice looking TV set, not too heavy either just 25kg but still required two people to move it just due to the size of the thing. We are only able to give it an analogue RF signal out here due to the way our TV distribution system is set up. Picture quality is ok but is pixelated when up close, you need to be about six foot away to get away from the pixelation. I think it would be stunning with an HD input but not able to test that out here.
Everybody whose seen it likes it, I think they're just impressed by the size really.
Don't think I will bother buying one for home until I get sky HD or something similar to be able to use it to its full potential, I don't think it will look any better than a CRT with an normal analogue signal.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 December 2006, 20:52:25 »

My 37" LCD is much, much clearer than the crap Sony CRT I had before.  The LCD shows the defficencies in the analogue signal. The built in freeview tuner gives the expected good picture, esp on the channels with more bandwidth. DVD playback is excellent.  And the text on the PC (I have a media center under the telly (except its fubar at mo :()) is readable, which wasn't the case with the Sony CRT...
Grumpy old man

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 December 2006, 20:59:22 »

My 37" LCD is much, much clearer than the crap Sony CRT I had before.  The LCD shows the defficencies in the analogue signal. The built in freeview tuner gives the expected good picture, esp on the channels with more bandwidth. DVD playback is excellent.  And the text on the PC (I have a media center under the telly (except its fubar at mo :()) is readable, which wasn't the case with the Sony CRT...

I do quite like the look of the set I just feel I would be wanting a high quality image all the time after forking out that much cash. That why I'll wait till we upgrade the rest of our entertainment system.

We also got a projector TV for the large recreation room, I think that is going to be crap! people want to read newspapers etc in the same area as the TV so I don't think it will be dark enough in there for a projector.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.