Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Qatar F1 may cntain spoilers  (Read 1332 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Qatar F1 may cntain spoilers
« Reply #15 on: 05 December 2021, 21:33:43 »

All I have to say is the same thing Ive been saying for a long time.
Verstappen is a dangerous arrogant little thug, and if the powers that be dont rein him in he will hurt someone.
Like his hero Schumacher, he doesnt care about rules, fairness or sport. Only cares about being deemed to have won, no matter how it is achieved.
He should have been black flagged or disqualified after the race. He and his team are a disgrace to "the sport".
I hope the telemetry clearly shows he brake tested Hamilton ,and then authorities have the balls to punish him.
I doubt it though. Having both going into the final race level on points is the dream scenario for "the sport".
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 December 2021, 22:57:48 »

I thought Hamilton looked quite rattled after the race, I guess if someone is prepared to try and put you into a wall at 150 +  mph it could unsettle you somewhat  :o
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 December 2021, 23:00:49 »

Verstappen has been given an extra 10 second penalty for causing the crash between the two.
So it seems safe to assume that he did indeed brake test Hamilton. Thats a very serious offence and should carry a serious punishment.
As I said earlier though, its all about whats good for "the sport".  >:(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 December 2021, 23:04:57 »

Just read on Planet F1 that the telemetry showed 2.4g of braking on the Red Bull just before Hamilton touched the back of it.
A non existent penalty for that is disgraceful.  >:(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 December 2021, 23:59:09 »

What a dangerous thug he is. Sorry to pinch your word.

The stewards should have given Max a race ban. When did the stewards “ negotiate” with the teams?

Channel4 coverage is so biased in Max’s favour. That too is a disgrace. Is Sky any better? If it is I might just subscribe next year.

Another master class from Lewis keeping out of trouble and winning with a damaged car.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 December 2021, 00:10:34 »

Max is dangerous,end of >:(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 December 2021, 09:43:52 »

SKY isnt quite as bad as C4, but its not much better. Damon Hill has criticised Max, but then Spice Boy comes along and tries to intimidate him into changing what he said.
Brundle seems a bit of a Red Bull fan, but yesterday couldnt defend Max. He said that someone needs to have a word with him about his driving standards.
Masi is a disgrace as a race director. Negotiating the "punishment " with the team whose driver has broken the rules is a new low.
He is the director and should have had the backbone to hand out the punishment.
Anyone with more than a passing interest in motor racing knows that brake testing in an open wheel series, particularly F1, is about as dirty and dangerous as it gets.
In football terms, its similar to a player sliding into another, studs up, and obviously intending to take him out of the game.
Its an instant red card, and probably a ban for several matches.
If any other driver had done it, or even if Verstappen had done it earlier in the season, it would have more than likely have resulted in a very serious punishment.
The global viewing figures and press coverage for the last race, with them both level on points must be too important to let highly dangerous driving get in the way.
When this kid does eventually hurt someone, the people who didnt put a stop to his antics up to now will be responsible for it.
He came into F1 far too young, with too little experience, and a ban for a few races might have brought him to his senses.
Instead he has been indulged by his team and the authorities to a ridiculous degree.
Absolutely disgraceful.  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 December 2021, 10:56:20 »

The global viewing figures and press coverage for the last race, with them both level on points must be too important to let highly dangerous driving get in the way.
Its a business foremost. A very expensive business that they paid shit loads for.

Its for that reason we have to tolerate all the other crap that gets in the way of racing - forced tyre changes, DRS and so on.

Can't comment on the incident, as I've not seen it, or particularly care.

In (general) defence of the dutch geezer, from some of his other "mistakes"* this year, I have to give him sufficient credit that at least he goes all in to win, rather than settle for second.  Much like Schumacher, whether or not that is deemed fair can be long debated.  Certainly more entertaining than watching the likes of Button.

Hamilton used to have a real racer spirit, which seems to be waning. Not sure if this is age or his "more important work" that he has now got written into his contract.

*I think he's still miffed over Hamilton's stunt at Silverstone, and has shown 2 can play at that game.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 December 2021, 11:09:21 »

The Telemetry from yesterday has proved beyond doubt that he is a dirty dangerous cheat. Just like Schumacher was.
Having a will to win is one thing. Doing it fairly, with honour, style and panache is  another.
Hamilton has done it the latter way 103 times, which is why he is undoubtedly the GOAT.
I also suspected Hamilton may have been past his peak earlier in the season. He says he was still suffering the after effects of Covid and also the Red Bull was an absolute missile earlier in the season.
After his recent performances, Im inclined to believe him. He has been his old magnificent self recently.
To keep his cool and pull off a win yesterday despite Verstappens multiple dirty tricks was an incredible display of skilled mature driving.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 December 2021, 11:10:51 »

The bottom line is Hamilton is showing maturity. To win you must first finish. He recognises the death wish racer that is Max .

It is pretty poor that we are heading for the last race and all Max needs to do is ensure neither he nor Lewis finish, Max then gets the title on wins. However as you say it is a spectacle and an expensive one at that.

Watch the race on catch up.

I have reflected on the bias of UK race commentary. It embodies the very reason that migrants head for UK shores. Foreigners can make it good. The Italian Gino presenting a game show, foreigners winning Masterchef type competitions and so on. Here in Spain you would think that Carlos Sainz and Fernando Alonso werethe only competitors such is the concentration of coverage. They laud their national heroes as no doubt the Dutch, French and so on do. Hey ho.I wonder how many times George and Max will tangle next year and how long the sun will keep shining out of the Dutchmans backside.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06 December 2021, 11:32:38 »

Having watched Horner speaking recently, Im starting to have a suspicion that he isnt completely comfortable constantly having to defend the indefensible.
I may be wrong, but he is Marko,s puppet and has little choice in the matter. I wouldnt be all that shocked if he called it a day soon.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 December 2021, 11:33:26 »

Mercedes put on a great firework display for Brakkers, so I have to back ze germans out of local loyalty. And great freebie fireworks every year.

Horn and Ginge live just down the lane out the back of mine. I wonder if they went to the Brakkers firework display ;D
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 December 2021, 11:35:55 »

He might have ended up as The Guy if he did.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 December 2021, 13:02:01 »

Good race. Less boring than usual. :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.