Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TCV lunacy  (Read 1217 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
TCV lunacy
« on: 31 December 2021, 11:42:46 »

Been working all week with six other people. One chap was feeling a bit under the weather on Tuesday. Lateral flow test faintly positive on Tuesday night, confirmed positive on Wednesday morning. Second person also tested positive.

Started to feel below par as I left work last night.
Did a test when I got home. Negative.

Wake up this morning and everything tastes of rust, chills and coughing. Second test. Negative.

Ring work and decided best not to turn up just in case, but bok a PCR test to be sure.

Can't get a delivery slot for a home test, and the nearest appointment is fifty miles away. Can't even get a LFT as there's none of those, and because I have symptoms, I can't get any of them either...  ::)

Fundamentally, if LFT tests don't work (not tgst you can get them), and you can't get the tests that do work, then what is the point of testing ???

Going back to bed for a lie down. Hopefully wake up next year and find out it was all a dream...  :D

Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: TCV lunacy
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2021, 11:51:06 »

I posted last week that wifey didn't get a positive result on an LFD until two days after a positive PCR. They are shite, yet they are trusted enough to let people into the uk with a negative.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2021, 12:20:35 »

LFT's only show positive at a point when you are definately infectious, and were originally meant as a quick, albeit not very reliable, regular check.

PCR was the one that was sensitive enough to pick it up if you have/had the virus.

However, due to the Brexit-esque monumental balls up the government has made of this winter's wave, the messaging has gone out that LFT's are a brilliant silver bullet, and everyone should use them if they want to go out, basically because the PCR testing lacks anywhere near the capacity needed for the unscientific guidelines the government have put in place.

That and the 7 day rule as long as your (unreliable) LFTs show negative on days 6/7, in order to keep things functional without having to lose face by implementing tighter restrictions before 2022, mean that many services like the NHS are going to fail due to staff being infected.
Grumpy old man

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2021, 12:26:15 »

PCR Tests are much more sensitive than LFT. They will detect the virus in the very early stages, and can in some circumstances still detect it several weeks after you've recovered - 90 days has been mentioned.

LFT's basically only detect when your viral load is quite high, which is when you're most infectious to other people. So an LFT is good for telling you not to go out, because you could pass it on.

A friend and I both returned from France with Eurotunnel on Dec22nd, and both took Day2 PCR tests at Bluewater late on 22nd. The results came in late on 23rd. I was negative, but my friend was positive. We had both been in the same apartment for 2 weeks, both tested clear on the 'fit-to-fly' LFT before returning, travelled in the same car from France to UK, and both tested within minutes of each other at the same PCR site. Other than going to the bog in various resturaunts, we hadn't really been any distance apart for 2 weeks. I just don't understand how I could be negative and he was positive.

Neither of us have had any symptoms (other than hangovers - and there are better explanations for that!), and neither of us have tested positive on any subsequent LFT's.  So as far as we're concerned the PCR was either a false positive, or it's picked up a prior asymptomatic infection from many weeks ago.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2021, 13:48:39 »

Alternatively you might have a stronger immune system fending the nasty Chinese bugs off!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2021, 14:58:26 »

Alternatively you might have a stronger immune system fending the nasty Chinese bugs off!  :y

Possibly, but I've another explanation. My nightly gargle was with 100mL of Jack Daniels "Tennessee Honey", whereas my friend was on 70mL of Johnny Walker Black Label. Also my booster jab was Moderna, whilst his was Pfizer.

I think that's fairly conclusive evidence of what BoJo should be prescribing people to take. I commend this solution to the House.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2021, 17:23:16 »

Yep, several instances recently have made me realise that LFTs aren't worth bothering with.

My little nephew had a sniffle, several negative LFTs later he went to a birthday party, then got a positive PCR a couple of days later.

Another relative had the complete opposite where LFTs were showing positive but PCR was negative.

I suspect either the LFTs are a bag'o'shite or they are mixing up the results of the PCRs and sending them to the wrong people. Neither (nor both) would surprise me in the current total cluster. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2021, 17:36:44 »

Possibly, but I've another explanation. My nightly gargle was with 100mL of Jack Daniels "Tennessee Honey", whereas my friend was on 70mL of Johnny Walker Black Label. Also my booster jab was Moderna, whilst his was Pfizer.

I think that's fairly conclusive evidence of what BoJo should be prescribing people to take. I commend this solution to the House.
Surely that should be cL, not mL?
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2021, 17:55:09 »

Another relative had the complete opposite where LFTs were showing positive but PCR was negative.

My son-in-law has had quite a few positive LFT's but negative PCR tests. He has since found out that his injections to control his Crohn's messes with the LFT, rendering the result as untrustworthy to him.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2022, 00:21:00 »

Meanwhile in China Xi’an city something like 13 million people are on day 13 of lockdown. Cannot even go out to buy food. How they must laugh at the West’s measures like half capacity night venues.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2022, 10:35:17 »

Meanwhile in China Xi’an city something like 13 million people are on day 13 of lockdown. Cannot even go out to buy food. How they must laugh at the West’s measures like half capacity night venues.
You think they are told about such things. Probably locked in with death squads patrolling the streets.  :-X

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 January 2022, 11:05:42 »

Nah.... One sixth of a Gill. We left the EU remember?   :y  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 January 2022, 11:22:45 »

I know. 70cL of Johnny Walker=1 bottle.  :)
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 January 2022, 11:32:50 »

I know. 70cL of Johnny Walker=1 bottle. :)

Yes and Malcs mate wouldn't have had to worry about the Chinese sniffle had it been 70Cl he imbibed!  ;D

Reminds me of waking up in Zimbabwe on New Years day in the year 2000 with a massive hangover, that didn't get any better after three days and it turned out my hangover was actually malaria.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 January 2022, 11:37:23 »

I know. 70cL of Johnny Walker=1 bottle. :)

Yes and Malcs mate wouldn't have had to worry about the Chinese sniffle had it been 70Cl he imbibed!  ;D

Reminds me of waking up in Zimbabwe on New Years day in the year 2000 with a massive hangover, that didn't get any better after three days and it turned out my hangover was actually malaria.  ::)
;D

If only there was an accurate test for that...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.