Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens if...  (Read 2311 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: What happens if...
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2022, 16:06:29 »

But, I still say, the figures mentioned were not qualified by any reference to 'average pay'
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2022, 16:24:14 »

All the possible contenders have the charisma of limp lettuce leaf between them. Truss is as unprincipled a Politician as you could find.
She started out as a Libdem activist, became Tory who argued in favour of remain. Within a few weeks said she would vote Leave if the vote was rerun.
Her only belief is that she wants to climb to the top of the greasy pole by whatever means she can.
Rishi has shown no signs of competence whatsoever really. Its easy to hose the country with eye watering sums of money and take national debt to levels previously unimaginable.
His only answer to now solving the problems that created are to put up national insurance for "ordinary hard working people", as they like to call us.
A very unimaginative Chancellor imo.
Gove - same as Truss.

I wonder if Boris has slipped her a length over the Cabinet table?  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 February 2022, 16:30:24 »

All the possible contenders have the charisma of limp lettuce leaf between them. Truss is as unprincipled a Politician as you could find.
She started out as a Libdem activist, became Tory who argued in favour of remain. Within a few weeks said she would vote Leave if the vote was rerun.
Her only belief is that she wants to climb to the top of the greasy pole by whatever means she can.
Rishi has shown no signs of competence whatsoever really. Its easy to hose the country with eye watering sums of money and take national debt to levels previously unimaginable.
His only answer to now solving the problems that created are to put up national insurance for "ordinary hard working people", as they like to call us.
A very unimaginative Chancellor imo.
Gove - same as Truss.

I wonder if Boris has slipped her a length over the Cabinet table?  :)
I was just wondering what to have for tea when you posted that. Toad in the hole, I think.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 February 2022, 16:43:11 »

But, I still say, the figures mentioned were not qualified by any reference to 'average pay'
Doesn’t matter. Point being that the rise is, by and large irrelevant. No one will actually notice it. Even if you're on the highest tax bracket, the amount you pay extra on is the window that currently pays 12%... Off the top of my head £8,400 to circa £50,000...

Even at the higher end of that window, if you notice the extra 1.25% then you have much bigger problems.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 February 2022, 16:54:46 »

Doesn’t matter. Point being that the rise is, by and large irrelevant. No one will actually notice it. Even if you're on the highest tax bracket, the amount you pay extra on is the window that currently pays 12%... Off the top of my head £8,400 to circa £50,000...

Even at the higher end of that window, if you notice the extra 1.25% then you have much bigger problems.
You do talk utter shite at times  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 February 2022, 17:01:19 »

My missus will get a c£2000 pay rise in April. By the time she pays 40% tax, 11.7% pension contribution and the extra NI, she will end up with virtually nothing. We won't starve, but it still sticks in your throat.
And, just to put things in perspective, does anyone actually think that this NI rise will make any difference at all to the NHS, in the short term, or social care later?
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 February 2022, 17:07:55 »

My missus will get a c£2000 pay rise in April. By the time she pays 40% tax, 11.7% pension contribution and the extra NI, she will end up with virtually nothing. We won't starve, but it still sticks in your throat.
And, just to put things in perspective, does anyone actually think that this NI rise will make any difference at all to the NHS, in the short term, or social care later?

No as its a disorganised inefficient mess where consultants rule to much of it, the money will just dissappear with no impact

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 February 2022, 17:13:51 »

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rates-and-thresholds-for-employers-2021-to-2022

It seems the window is actually £9,568 to £50,270.

So current minimum is £1,148.16 per year... Which will rise to £1,267.76 per year. The difference being a smidgen under £10 a month.

At the opposite end, it is currently £4,884.24 per year... Which will increase to £6,660.78. The difference being £1,776.54... Just shy of £150 a month.

The difference for someone in the middle is about £20 a month.

Hardly a tax on the poor ::)

Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 February 2022, 17:15:54 »

Nope.  :)

Does anyone actually think that the NHS will happily give up the £3 billion a year in three years time to Social Care?  ???

I haven't got a crystal ball, but I can already see the political row when the NHS demands that the government finds them another £3 billion a year (index linked) to cover the money going to Social Care.  ::)

That will be the next government's problem though, and we'd better hope it's not Labour in No10 as taxes will definitely be going up again!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 February 2022, 17:25:43 »

£12 billion a year, according to the BBC.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 February 2022, 17:45:03 »

So current minimum is £1,148.16 per year... Which will rise to £1,267.76 per year. The difference being a smidgen under £10 a month.

At the opposite end, it is currently £4,884.24 per year... Which will increase to £6,660.78. The difference being £1,776.54... Just shy of £150 a month.

Your 'window' is only the current 12% NI band, which will increase to 13.25% if/when the change comes in. But you also pay 2% NI on earnings above £50,270, and this is increasing to 3.25% at the same time.  https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-rates-letters

So there is no upper limit to those who will be affected. I accept that it's difficult to argue those on more than the median wage are poor though.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 February 2022, 17:46:53 »

Your 'window' is only the current 12% NI band, which will increase to 13.25% if/when the change comes in. But you also pay 2% NI on earnings above £50,270, and this is increasing to 3.25% at the same time.  https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-rates-letters

So there is no upper limit to those who will be affected. I accept that it's difficult to argue those on more than the median wage are poor though.
Depends on school fees and staff costs, surely?

Hmmmm........that might be a bit sarcastic.  :-\
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 February 2022, 17:49:16 »

I know we were relatively 'poor' when my son started uni.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 February 2022, 17:50:40 »

She will pay 40% tax, 3.25% NI and (presumably) 11.7% pension contributions (totalling 54.95%). So from a £2000 pay rise she should see £901 extra in her bank account. She could increase this by an additional £234 if she opted out of her pension scheme. (this would be a criminally stupid thing to do, but would save the tax payer money ::))

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 February 2022, 18:01:23 »

She will pay c£1940 from it, including the NI rise.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.