Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is Trussy?  (Read 3193 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Trussy?
« Reply #30 on: 28 September 2022, 22:29:36 »

Oi don't drag me into this.  >:(

Nowt more than a pious, hypocritical, egotistical and confused ignoramus. And that's your good points.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2022, 22:43:20 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 September 2022, 22:39:14 »

This article pretty much nails it!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 September 2022, 22:42:21 »

I don't think that a bigger pay packet for those earning more than £150,000, and bigger bonus payments for bankers was wise during a cost of living crisis.......especially literally the day before the Labour party conference.

We'll have to see how it plays out.

I can see the poor politics of that, but it literally makes no difference to you, I or anyone else if the wealthy and well paid get to keep a bit more of their cash.  ::)

It's the politics of envy, hatred and bitterness which is like a cancer in this country and should be abolished forthwith!   :y

And that's just the Labour Elite...  ;D

SKS should be egged every time he opens his mouth to talk about how much the poor working people are suffering.

I can't help but wonder if it would be more cost effective to invade somewhere and take all their stuff...  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 September 2022, 22:45:24 »

This article pretty much nails it!  :y
Eloquently put :y

Currently using cash for most $/€ spending, so things only cost what that cash was purchased at. The only card transactions so far have been on the Subway... £2.40 a couple of weeks ago, £2.61 yesterday.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2022, 23:01:48 by Doctor Gollum »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 September 2022, 22:54:24 »

I don't think that a bigger pay packet for those earning more than £150,000, and bigger bonus payments for bankers was wise during a cost of living crisis.......especially literally the day before the Labour party conference.

I can see the poor politics of that, but it literally makes no difference to you, I or anyone else if the wealthy and well paid get to keep a bit more of their cash.  ::)

It's the politics of envy, hatred and bitterness which is like a cancer in this country and should be abolished forthwith!   :y

SKS should be egged every time he opens his mouth to talk about how much the poor working people are suffering.

I can't help but wonder if it would be more cost effective to invade somewhere and take all their stuff...  :D

I don't think there' much stuff worth having in the Republic and we don't want France's debts!  ::)

Unless you were thinking of invading somewhere new?  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 September 2022, 23:03:51 »

I don't think there' much stuff worth having in the Republic and we don't want France's debts!  ::)

Unless you were thinking of invading somewhere new?  :)
Somewhere with food and fuel might be a start...

With your question in mind, did we ever invade Canada?  >:D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 September 2022, 10:37:51 »

An interesting article here about the budget by Kate Andrews. Seems pretty objective ?
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-crisis-a-tough-week-for-trussonomics
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 September 2022, 10:45:20 »

Starts of a bit lefty, but actually pretty reasonable in its content :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 September 2022, 10:48:14 »

Is it me then?  :-\

Most of Kwasi Kwarteng's mini budget was leaked in advance so we knew for example they planned to cancel Sunak's ill advised hike in National Insurance and Corporation Tax, both measures apparently 'costing' about £20 billion each.

We knew that the Government planned to subsidise residential and business energy bills at an unknown open ended cost. Some estimates were as high as £200 billion. Nobody batted an eyelid and it's fair to say that the markets 'priced it in'.

The surprise parts of the mini budget are fairly minimal in the grand scheme of things:

Abolishing the 45% tax rate apparently costs about £2 billion, but may end up raising more revenue as happened when they scrapped Gordon Brown's 50% rate.

Abolishing IR35 rules for the self employed apparent costs about £2 billion, but again simplifying the tax system may raise more revenue.

Increasing Stamp Duty threshold apparently costs £1.7 billion, but you don't need Nick's sticky copy of Economics for Dummies to understand this one.

Keeping the annual investment allowance at £1 million apparently costs £1.7 billion, but encouraging businesses to invest is a no brainer and something that the Labour Party consistently bangs on about.

So all in all we're talking about roughly £8 billion of tax cuts that were unexpected, are very likely to boost the economy and raise more revenue, and the amounts are chicken feed comparatively anyway.  ::)

So why has everyone lost their minds over it all?  ???

I think it's all very bizarre and smacks of an orchestrated attempt to bring down the Govt. Can't have them straying from the globalist script now can we?  :)

You may be correct Tig, but unfortunately for the bean counters who make the decisions it has gone down like a bucket of cold sick.

What relevance does a party who are not in government have, exactly? Nothing they do or say can be implemented for another two years, by which time they'll have torn themselves apart, as usual. You can say anything when you're not in power, it's of no consequence to anyone. Except the BBC, ITV, CH 4 and the left wing press.
If I were prime minister and Starmer asked me a question I didn't like, I'd just say 'mind your own business, it's nothing to do with you, you have no say in the matter"  ;D

Its started already.  Labour MP Rosie Duffield told a party meeting last night that she will quit the party if Eddie Izzard gets selected for a constituency on a women only shortlist. She also said she is certain that other female MP,s will join her.

https://order-order.com/2022/09/29/watch-rosie-duffield-will-quit-labour-if-izzard-stands-on-all-women-shortlist/
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 September 2022, 11:16:14 »

I was thinking about the Bank of England restarting it's Govt bond buying to steady the markets yesterday, because apparently the pension funds were on the verge of collapse.  :-\

Since Brexit there has been a lot of talk of ditching EU laws particularly for the City and financial services, but little action. Solvency II seems to be one talked about alot, as apparently if that was scrapped it would unleash billions of pounds in investment funds.

Why? How? Well as I understand it Solvency II limits what, where and how much pension funds and insurance companies can invest their cash which is why we see Canadian and Australian pension firms investing in UK infrastructure projects like HS2 and Hinkley Point, but not so much British funds.  :-\

Pension Funds should be organised so that they can withstand economic shocks confected or otherwise, and I wonder if an unintended consequence of the EU's Solvency II laws is that UK funds are over exposed to Gilts in the belief that they are 'safe' investments.  ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 September 2022, 12:07:15 »

I make no comments on the mini budget, as TBH, I've not looked at it.  As a middle aged, white, male, straight person, I constantly expect to be oppsed over at every opportunity.

But surely a lower tax, smaller public sector economy makes a shit load of sense?  Or in LZ's shop keeper terminology, stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap.

Or does that now make me a Nazi in the modern world?
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 September 2022, 12:22:45 »

I make no comments on the mini budget, as TBH, I've not looked at it.  As a middle aged, white, male, straight person, I constantly expect to be oppsed over at every opportunity.

But surely a lower tax, smaller public sector economy makes a shit load of sense?  Or in LZ's shop keeper terminology, stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap.

You've always been a nazi, didn't you know?  ;D
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 September 2022, 12:26:08 »

You've always been a nazi, didn't you know?  ;D
Bunch of left wing pansies...
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 September 2022, 12:50:35 »

Always amazes me how one day you could be transport minister & the next chancellor , my humble opinion is that you need an expert in each position not an " educated idiot"
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29 September 2022, 13:28:22 »

I disagree.

The government govern (if only ;D), the Bank of England advises and responds (does its own thing), and the Civil Service manages (if only :D)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.