Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Someone charged with Olivia's murder  (Read 683 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Someone charged with Olivia's murder
« on: 01 October 2022, 22:18:55 »

Olivia Pratt-Korbel: Man charged with schoolgirl's murder https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-62663145

At last. I reckon there'll be a lot more charged over this one.
« Last Edit: 01 October 2022, 22:21:59 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Someone charged with Olivia's murder
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2022, 08:35:51 »

That's good news, still think it should be a life for life but he will be kept comfortable for a few years enjoy visits from his brain dead friends & family , have the use of a fully equipped gymnasium and 7 choices of meals per day, punishment my arse.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2022, 08:55:26 »

That's good news, still think it should be a life for life but he will be kept comfortable for a few years enjoy visits from his brain dead friends & family , have the use of a fully equipped gymnasium and 7 choices of meals per day, punishment my arse.
Hopefully more than a few years, Mick. I totally agree with what you're saying about life behind bars, though. I'm not advocating 23 hours a day in your cell with bread and water, but television, association, earning wages, phone calls, etc., should be privileges earned by low level criminals and never, ever given to the likes of this scum.
I could go on for hours about what's wrong with the prison system. There should be no private company usage, decent levels of pay for professional prison officers........a complete overhaul in fact.
But you know this already.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2022, 14:11:43 »

As an aside, was it murder if the kid was not the intended victim, just killed accidentally?  Wouldn't that be manslaughter?  Or has the definition of murder/manslaughter changed?

Not that it matters, I have my own views of how to punish this individual, if convicted.  It will be slow and painful.  Far slower and more painful that what his future fellow inmates will give him once the screws accidentally forget to keep him segregated....
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2022, 14:27:31 »

Let us hope this time they can make it stick.

We don't want another 'released under investigation' scenario.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2022, 14:40:35 »

As an aside, was it murder if the kid was not the intended victim, just killed accidentally?  Wouldn't that be manslaughter?  Or has the definition of murder/manslaughter changed?

Not that it matters, I have my own views of how to punish this individual, if convicted.  It will be slow and painful.  Far slower and more painful that what his future fellow inmates will give him once the screws accidentally forget to keep him segregated....

The cop that ended George Floyd was convicted of murder although he obviously didn't intend to murder him in front of an audience.

However, if the court had returned a verdict of manslaughter the whole of the US would still be on fire.

The jury would have been very frightened about taking the manslaughter route. ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2022, 17:12:56 »

Yankee rules are different, as much as our recent governments have tried to make us a USA Mini Me
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2022, 17:57:27 »

The cop that ended George Floyd was convicted of murder although he obviously didn't murder him.

However, if the court had returned a verdict of manslaughter the whole of the US would still be on fire.

The jury would have been very frightened about taking the manslaughter route. ::)
Correctected for fact.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2022, 18:00:29 »

The cop that ended George Floyd was convicted of murder although he obviously didn't intend to murder him in front of an audience.

The cop should have got a medal , a piece of scum gone for good is great in my opinion.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.