Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I thick or what?  (Read 1364 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Am I thick or what?
« Reply #15 on: 01 January 2023, 02:27:06 »

I had 2 speeding tickets come through the letterbox on the same day a few years ago!  :o  >:(  ;D

Got away with the course for one, but had to pay the £60 and take the 3 points for the other.  ::)

In my defence, I'd been living abroad for a while and didn't know that they'd converted the traffic light cameras to speed cameras as well, and two days on the trot I'd sped through the lights before it went red. Sneaky bastards!  >:(  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 January 2023, 23:17:24 »

Are you sure it didn’t say Red X ‘Enforced’, which means that anyone caught travelling in a closed lane will be fined. It’s basically letting you know that there are cameras on that gantry to spot people using the closed lane and they ‘will’ enforce the fine for doing so.

Very possibly
I still find the wording very strange. Imagine being a foreigner (or Welsh) and seeing that, and trying to make sense of it. Surely just a green tick or a red X above the relevant lane would get the message across ?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 January 2023, 08:05:02 »

[quote author=Mister Rog link=topic=149994.msg2017394#msg2017394 date=1672615

Very possibly
I still find the wording very strange. Imagine being a foreigner (or Welsh) and seeing that, and trying to make sense of it. Surely just a green tick or a red X above the relevant lane would get the message across ?
[/quote]

Wont work for the majority of the woke generation
Driving is an inconveiance for them, they need to have their noses in their phones all the time to see if someone or thing has offended them. They are not looking at what is going on around them to notice something as silly as a red X to tell them to move lanes. They have to be somewhere, doesnt everybody else know that? They are important, you should know that
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.