Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just come back from hols  (Read 641 times)

Tommy

• Truro, Cornwall
    • View Profile
Just come back from hols
« on: 02 November 2008, 21:20:05 »

Well my wife, daughter and I have just come back from our hols in Southern Italy and our trusty miggy took us all the way there and back.
It was a 3584 mile round trip. Cornwall to Dover, ferry Dover to Dunkerque, then to overnight stop in Switzerland, then overnight Tuscany, overnight Rome with relatives, then 10 days with relatives in the mountains of Montemarano.
Return was overnight drive from Montemarano to Champagne region of France for overnight stop. Then to ferry and home. Snow fall was heavy going through Switzerland.
Arrived home midnight on Friday.
No problems with the miggy at all. Almost feel disloyal to her for taking out european breakdown cover :(
Excluding the pottering about in Montemarano she used 8 tanks of gas in total. Yes I know it would have been a lot cheaper to fly then drive but have you tried taking a boot full of wine on a plane?
We plan on doing it again in July - and no fuel isn't cheaper abroad. The least we paid was 1.22 euros the most expensive we saw was 1.55 euros. Current exchange rate is £1 = 1.23 euros

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
Re: Just come back from hols
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2008, 22:04:05 »

We did a similar sort of run over to Lodz, Poland last year and ours too was fautless.

Although that was ONLY (!) 2500 miles there and back in a 7 day holiday.

Breakdown cover is essential though mate cos the one time you decide not to take it out is the one time the car will break down !!!

Glad to hear about it anyway mate and well done

:y

The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Tommy

• Truro, Cornwall
    • View Profile
Re: Just come back from hols
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2008, 15:39:07 »

Cheers Webby. We will be doing it again next year but I wouldn't go without the cover. It's the peace of mind I guess.

Well done on your trip too
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.