Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £196,000,000,000 Going Up!  (Read 2189 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

£196,000,000,000 Going Up!
« on: 24 November 2008, 18:05:17 »

That is how much the current Government and Alistair Darling is to borrow up to 2010 to keep our Country afloat!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Just to remind us all it is:

[size=24]£196 BILLION[/size]

I am now speechless!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Go, for God's sake and the rest of us, GO!! >:( >:(

EDIT:  I am still speechless after realising that the figure is as now shown above, not £180 Billion!   But each one of us will still "owe" as a citizen of the UK £3,000 EACH!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 24 November 2008, 19:49:22 by Lizzie_Zoom »

STMO123

Re: £118,000,000,000
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2008, 18:17:47 »

Which equates to about $177 billion.

Banking giant Citigroup has just been pledged £306billion by the US government to keep it afloat.

Kinda puts things into perspective.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2008, 18:19:40 »

IMF giving us only 12.5 billion £ ..That money is only for our teeth :-/

at least yours is a useful amount :-/

Bandit127

« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2008, 18:22:38 »

That is how much the current Government and Alistair Darling is to borrow up to 2010 to keep our Country afloat!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Just to remind us all it is:

[size=24]£118 BILLION[/size]

I am now speechless!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Go, for God's sake and the rest of us, GO!! >:( >:(

EDIT:  I am still speechless after realising that the figure is as now shown above, not £180 Billion!   But each one of us will still "owe" as a citizen of the UK £3,000 EACH!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

What would you have him do? Nothing, while we watch the inevitable wave of redundancies see ordinary families suffer?

No party politics here, I sincerely hope what he has done will mitigate some of it. Because it is ordinary people that cop the worst of it in times like this.

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2008, 18:27:02 »

Here's the number the us treasury has used for guarantees so far:

Ready?

[size=16]$7,400,000,000,000[/size]

That's 7.4 TRILLION dollars :o

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2008, 18:28:14 »

Well it's no wonder they won't lend any more money to us paupers anymore >:(..................cause there borrowing all of it ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2008, 18:30:43 »

Ready?

simple..us federal reserve bank staff works sleepless a few nights ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2008, 18:32:48 »

Ready?

they only need ink and paper ;D ;D

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2008, 18:38:33 »

In a nutshell, the government borrows £118billion and injects it into the economy now. This, it is hoped, will stimulate economic activity thus boosting tax income meaning that the receipts to the treasury will increase to repay the amount borrowed.

If the government, no matter what 'colour' it is, does nothing the country will descend further into recession thus seeing tax revenue dwindle further and necessitate further borrowing at a later date.

This is a calculated gamble to boost the economy and hopefully preserve jobs in the short term. No doubt, there will be pain further down the road but only when the economy is strong enough to withstand it.

Historically, governments have been too slow to react to recessions and this is a proportionate response to a massive global problem. If this proves successful, we could even see an early move to Stirling thus seeing the value of the pound strengthen.

I never thought I would say it but, it appears that Gordon and his bunch of morons appear to have at least understood the problem and have taken a sensible approach to remedying it.
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

STMO123

« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2008, 18:38:52 »

Ready?

That solution was actually advocated by someone from the CBI earlier today. "Simple, just print more money" :o

STMO123

« Reply #10 on: 24 November 2008, 18:39:54 »

In a nutshell, the government borrows £118billion and injects it into the economy now. This, it is hoped, will stimulate economic activity thus boosting tax income meaning that the receipts to the treasury will increase to repay the amount borrowed.

If the government, no matter what 'colour' it is, does nothing the country will descend further into recession thus seeing tax revenue dwindle further and necessitate further borrowing at a later date.

This is a calculated gamble to boost the economy and hopefully preserve jobs in the short term. No doubt, there will be pain further down the road but only when the economy is strong enough to withstand it.

Historically, governments have been too slow to react to recessions and this is a proportionate response to a massive global problem. If this proves successful, we could even see an early move to Stirling thus seeing the value of the pound strengthen.

I never thought I would say it but, it appears that Gordon and his bunch of morons appear to have at least understood the problem and have taken a sensible approach to remedying it.

Dont you still use groats or something in Cornwall?

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 November 2008, 18:42:36 »

Shekels actually.

Shalom  :)
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

STMO123

« Reply #12 on: 24 November 2008, 18:45:17 »

Shekels actually.

Shalom  :)

Hmmmmm.... Golfhymie.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #13 on: 24 November 2008, 18:45:27 »

You are soo right.. the pain will be there ..injecting money to the markets will solve the problem for a period..but after other problems will arise.. :-/

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #14 on: 24 November 2008, 18:49:00 »

Ready?

That solution was actually advocated by someone from the CBI earlier today. "Simple, just print more money" :o

yep..no other known solution...but this will also cause some other problems.. :-/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.