Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what has the past yr done for you  (Read 2108 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: what has the past yr done for you
« Reply #15 on: 30 December 2008, 18:03:56 »

Apart from joining the OOF in April after obtaining my second Omega and seemingly doing nothing but producing endless essays, presentations, along with sitting exams and reading during the year, I have also done some very useful work with Kent Police. 8-) 8-)

Health could be better, but I am still here and going forward!

Not a bad year overall. ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 30 December 2008, 18:04:57 by Lizzie_Zoom »

waspy

« Reply #16 on: 30 December 2008, 18:05:19 »

I started the year posting on OOF, and I haven't left my chair since.(Dying for a poo)

Allways said you were full of it, Now it's official.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y :y I just wet myself for a second time :D

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 December 2008, 18:12:08 »

I started the year posting on OOF, and I haven't left my chair since.(Dying for a poo)

I just wet my self ;D ;D ;D ;D

you never left your chair either then?? ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2008, 20:07:21 »

Changed the old Miggy (2.5 minifacelift) for this one in January. Had LPG fitted in May. Fantastic holiday to Millau in August. Retired from the Military after 38 years in September, started a part-time job in November. Bought a new 'van in December.

Attended 3 OOF meets (WIM opening, Lakes & Newent) met a lot of very nice folks, learned a great deal, drank copiously.

:)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2008, 20:17:29 »

For me, 2008 has been a worrying and stresfull year - but towards the end it has all come together.

This year - the good:

* Left the ISP I worked shifts/nights for, and re-joined the NHS, initially as a contractor, and eventually got a full time post there. It was a bit of turmoil, as a) I nearly didn't get the full time job b) there have been issues c) i nearly walked out(!) - but it's working reasonably well at the moment, is more money, and easy peasy hours with loads of flexibility.

* Set up my own little insured / registered business, to work on Omega's in my spare time and earn a few beer tokens in the process. Had nothing but satisfied customers and repeat business, and not one complaint - so see that as an achievement / plus point of 2008.

* Got accepted as a Hobby Bobby / Special Constable, despite what were initially very iffy barriers which I thought would exclude me. Have finished my training course (all bar a couple of catch up sessions), been sworn in, and made some really good friends in the Force, am gaining experience in a range of situations, and confidence, ability, fitness, all round is increasing.

* Have (I think / hope) fully recovered from a longer term health issue, which was initially a huge worry for me and my family.

* Am still with Maria, and going strong, despite some really rough patches.

* Financially I am now much more in control.

In terms of bad points -

* Watching my family grow old and infirm, is quite upsetting.

* Mum being diagnosed wiht Diabetes

* Getting blood poisining (I was v lucky) , and a few other little nasties.

Altogether not a bad year - but I am banking on 2009 being a better one :y
« Last Edit: 30 December 2008, 20:19:15 by JamesV6CDX »

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2008, 20:44:37 »

Right mix

Getting into bad financial difficulties, ended up with a large loan

Had a nasty fall

Car has needed lots of work

Got my daughter into a very good fee paying school with a lot of support from bursaries.

hp7166

• Bridgend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2008, 21:15:44 »

Not a bad year

Bought a Miggy
2nd Daughter Born
Good Christmas

Downside

Just been told could lose my job in March (Nice Crimbo Pressie)
Heater in Car Still Not working (its so cold in there)
Still in Debt (not really bothered though)

Happy New Year All :)

dieseldean

• Omega Knight
  • chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2008, 22:05:02 »

parked up and scrapped a good miggy that needed a bit of welding just cos only a gls
bought a newer higher spec with same engine and less miles but wished kept old one
only good news of 2008 is i've stuffed 1 in wifes oven and look forward to meeting the results around easter 2009 :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2008, 22:29:44 »

Been another iffy year with the old health, off work for 3 months.....again.............. :(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2008, 22:46:14 »

Been another iffy year with the old health, off work for 3 months.....again.............. :(

Sorry to hear that Mike, hope you make a speedy recovery :(

amigov6

« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2008, 23:16:13 »

I'm lazy so keep life as simple as i can, hence job safe, no need or wish for another Mrs (sorry girls) 23yr old son is ok, mortgage is cheap, no arrears so i'm content at least. Off to visit the parentage in W. Sussex on Thursday which i'm looking forward too but Dad's 80 & Mum's 70. Dad's starting to look weak now & it disturbs me to think each visit might be the last. Still both active, Dad still drives short distances & they keep 2 dogs & cats but it plays on my mind.
   Still, to those of you who've had a bad year i wish you a better one. You never know what's around the corner. Guy. :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2008, 23:22:17 »

Not had a too bad a year really. seems to have gone all tits up now though. heres to a really bad start to 2009. Well for me anyway. :'(

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2008, 23:24:34 »

I'm lazy so keep life as simple as i can, hence job safe, no need or wish for another Mrs (sorry girls) 23yr old son is ok, mortgage is cheap, no arrears so i'm content at least. Off to visit the parentage in W. Sussex on Thursday which i'm looking forward too but Dad's 80 & Mum's 70. Dad's starting to look weak now & it disturbs me to think each visit might be the last. Still both active, Dad still drives short distances & they keep 2 dogs & cats but it plays on my mind.
   Still, to those of you who've had a bad year i wish you a better one. You never know what's around the corner. Guy. :y

Both swmbo and myself is similar situation, don't like to think about it too much. Dad is worrying as he has been going to a lot of funerals over last couple of years, of people he / we knew well.
I kind of worry cos I am just as likely to go before my parents, funny or sad really but it is this time of the year that brings it all home. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2008, 23:27:15 »

Both swmbo and myself is similar situation, don't like to think about it too much. Dad is worrying as he has been going to a lot of funerals over last couple of years, of people he / we knew well.
I kind of worry cos I am just as likely to go before my parents, funny or sad really but it is this time of the year that brings it all home. :)
I noticed I am going to a lot more funerals than weddings now...  ...a sign of getting old... :(
Grumpy old man

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2008, 23:41:52 »

I noticed I am going to a lot more funerals than weddings now...  ...a sign of getting old... :(

same here, my dad seems to be going to one every other week, always someone from the legion, im afraid my dad doesnt look too well, hes 78 now, its the coming of an end of an era, be the same for us in a few yrs. conversation in the pub seems to be more about illnesses  now rather than women and football  ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.