Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone got a Linksys router WAG354G V.2?  (Read 267 times)

Taxi_Driver

Anyone got a Linksys router WAG354G V.2?
« on: 09 February 2009, 19:10:18 »

And it keeps going into slug mode with wireless clients on your ADSL link? (or you think its your adsl link)
A reboot cures it for a few hours?

If the firmware its running ends in .58, then more than likely its not your ADSL link, its the wireless part of the router going into slug mode.

I spent quite a few hours last trawling the interwebby and i found on the linksys hosted forum that general concensus of ver .58 firmware is rubbish, .58 is the lastest firmware for the router. Lots of peeps complaining about poor wireless connections to the router.

I found a link posted on the linksys forum to a 3rd party firmware version, basically what the guy has done is taken ver.57 firmware, taken it apart, removed the wireless part and added the wireless part from ver.54, oh and fixed the bugs that ver.57 had as well.
As the link was on the linksys forum, obviously Linksys dont have a problem with a 3rd party re-writing their firmware (I think its open source anyway)

So i took the plunge and flashed my router last night with the 3rd party version, succesfully and its been running for 24hours now with no slow down on the wireless side.....in fact on the plus side the signal strength to the router has drastically improved  :y

So if anyone else has the same prob, shout up and I post the link to the 3rd party version.  :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 15 queries.