Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Sheep dog tale for Debs  (Read 623 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
A Sheep dog tale for Debs
« on: 07 April 2009, 14:15:27 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1167370/Tesco-tells-farm-stop-using-sheepdogs-stress-flock.html

Listening to the radio today. What a load of Sandra Bullocks ....  :-?

Debs .... A woman speaker said she had a trained sheep dog called Sam that had come from Wales ..... any connection?  ;D  ;D  ;D :y  :y  :y

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: A Sheep dog tale for Debs
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2009, 15:19:44 »

Tesco's are apparently dictating again!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It is about time this self appointed people carer just stuck to the business of retailing. ::) ::) ::) >:(
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 15:21:03 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2009, 16:03:13 »

It is about time this self appointed people carer just stuck to the business of retailing. ::) ::) ::) >:(

And I thought you liked Tesco Lizzie  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::) ;D ;D

Debs.

« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2009, 16:07:54 »

When I read that; for a moment I thought: "April Fool".....sadly, it appears not! ::)

Without a good working sheepdog I simply could not work.....it`s that simple!
My dogs can go places (hills/ravines/river) where the quad bike would not....the sheep respect and trust the dog and certainly do not become stressed when being worked.

The Tesco position seems to be based on the belief that the meat is tainted by hormones released during 'stress'......however, which is the more stressful; being pushed `round a familiar field by a familiar shepherd`s dog or being driven hundreds of miles in a tightly-crammed articulated Tesco livestock lorry on the way to the slaughter house?.....I rest my case! ;)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2009, 16:10:59 »

Indeed Andy! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D   Nothing would give me more pleasure than if the whole country stopped using them until the senior managers, who feel they are so important that they can tell us what to do in our lives, were all dismissed! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Self opinionated, dominating, dictatorial, unelected bastwards!!

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2009, 16:13:57 »

When I read that; for a moment I thought: "April Fool".....sadly, it appears not! ::)

Without a good working sheepdog I simply could not work.....it`s that simple!
My dogs can go places (hills/ravines/river) where the quad bike would not....the sheep respect and trust the dog and certainly do not become stressed when being worked.

The Tesco position seems to be based on the belief that the meat is tainted by hormones released during 'stress'......however, which is the more stressful; being pushed `round a familiar field by a familiar shepherd`s dog or being driven hundreds of miles in a tightly-crammed articulated Tesco livestock lorry on the way to the slaughter house?.....I rest my case! ;)

Ah Debs, but you know the real truth; damn Tesco's think they know everything and are quite prepared to tell us all what to do, what to eat, what to watch, when to buy it, etc, all based on their warped attitude on what is for the public's benefit!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Bentham's utilitarianism has nothing on this lot!! ::) ::) >:(
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 16:15:00 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2009, 16:15:09 »

Indeed Andy! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D   Nothing would give me more pleasure than if the whole country stopped using them until the senior managers, who feel they are so important that they can tell us what to do in our lives, were all dismissed! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Unfortunately Tesco have got themselves  virtual monopoly, they have the small Tesco Express, where they've bought local newsagents and obvioulsy the massive Tesco Extras. 'We' spend something like £1 in every £7 with Tesco!!!  :o  :o

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2009, 16:18:16 »

Unfortunately Tesco have got themselves  virtual monopoly, they have the small Tesco Express, where they've bought local newsagents and obvioulsy the massive Tesco Extras. 'We' spend something like £1 in every £7 with Tesco!!!  :o  :o

Indeed Andy, but the mighty fall eventually!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Marks & Spencer once thought they were invincible and could dictate to women what they should wear!!  How bloody wrong they were and believe me Tesco will go the same way as all empires do!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)  Their customer service has already become appalling, a sure sign of the rot setting in! >:( >:(

Do the British thing and bring em down!! :D :D ;)
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 16:20:20 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2009, 16:22:46 »

Marks & Spencer once thought they were invincible and could dictate to women what they should wear!!  How bloody wrong they were and believe me Tesco will go the same way as all empires do!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)  Their customer service has already become appalling, a sure sign of the rot setting in! >:( >:(

Bring what down .... ?

Tesco or what women wear?  ::)  ::)  :y :y :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2009, 16:24:26 »

Bring what down .... ?

What a dirty mind you have Andy!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)   No,

[size=24]Tesco!!![/size]

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2009, 16:30:32 »

Bring what down .... ?

What a dirty mind you have Andy!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)   No,

[size=24]Tesco!!![/size]

I thought so!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.