Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Govt Handouts......  (Read 1097 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Govt Handouts......
« on: 16 May 2009, 09:29:20 »

Apparently, according to a friend who lives over there, the Australian Government has given all taxpayers a Aus$1000 (about£500) handout, to stimulate the economy!! :o :o :o

Bearing in mind that Aus$1000 goes further there than £500 would here, thats quite nice isn't it??? ::)

I guess that our lot are too busy feathering their own nests, to worry about the plebs >:( >:( >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Gareth Lewis

• Glossop, Derbyshire
  • eCommerce and Website Design & Implementation
    • View Profile
Re: Govt Handouts......
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2009, 10:46:03 »

Apparently, according to a friend who lives over there, the Australian Government has given all taxpayers a Aus$1000 (about£500) handout, to stimulate the economy!! :o :o :o

Bearing in mind that Aus$1000 goes further there than £500 would here, thats quite nice isn't it??? ::)

I guess that our lot are too busy feathering their own nests, to worry about the plebs >:( >:( >:(

Interesting - in Australia there are about 21 million people of which (I'm guessing) a third at most are taxpayers ergo 7 million recipients.

Same calculation: 60 million in UK = 20 million taxpayers.

Even for this government that is one hell of a lot of expenses ;D ;D
[size=11]Website: www.online-selling.co.uk
Successful Website Solutions
eCommerce and Website Design, Management & Implementation[/b]
[/size]

HolyCount

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2009, 10:59:31 »

Maybe they are just giving to the people being hurt by the crunch what our lot gave to the bankers who were instrumental in it's cause !!!!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2009, 11:07:59 »

Apparently, its caused quite a political Hoo Haa, as it's the new Labour government dishing out the cash!!

But they didn't have to bail out their banks to the same extent as we did :o  as their banks were a bit more sensible in their lending than ours ::)

I think that there's alot of living rooms in Australia with new plasma tellys!!  ;D

miggcddave

•   south wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2009, 11:36:40 »

Apparently, its caused quite a political Hoo Haa, as it's the new Labour government dishing out the cash!!

But they didn't have to bail out their banks to the same extent as we did :o  as their banks were a bit more sensible in their lending than ours ::)

I think that there's alot of living rooms in Australia with new plasma tellys!!  ;D

there are a lot of living rooms over here with plasma tv's but they belong to all the mp's  ;D ;D :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2009, 14:12:15 »

Ultimatly, they belong to us..... the Barstewards  >:( >:( >:(

and another thing.......

If I 'forgot' to pay the capital gains tax on a second home, and then when I got caught, waved my cheque about crying 'Ooops sorry' do you think that the IR would just say 'Oh, don't worry, thanks for the cheque tho...' ::) ::)

Would they heck!! I'd get taken to the cleaners!!! >:( >:( >:(

Rant over!!!  :-X

HolyCount

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2009, 15:56:22 »

Ultimatly, they belong to us..... the Barstewards  >:( >:( >:(

and another thing.......

If I 'forgot' to pay the capital gains tax on a second home, and then when I got caught, waved my cheque about crying 'Ooops sorry' do you think that the IR would just say 'Oh, don't worry, thanks for the cheque tho...' ::) ::)

Would they heck!! I'd get taken to the cleaners!!! >:( >:( >:(

Rant over!!!  :-X

as would all of us ... imagine the scene ... guy gets hauled in for benefit fraud and claims he didn't realise he was getting £600 a month while he actually had been working for the last year or so and "forgot" to mention it......... "that's alright, Sir, we all make mistakes" says Mr DSS .... I should coco !!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.