Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Arnt they wonderful......  (Read 2403 times)

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Arnt they wonderful......
« on: 20 March 2007, 19:22:23 »

Got home from work yesterday to find a rust bucket BMW parked on the public road. Did not take much notice but one of the neighbours enquired if it was mine, cheek. >:(

Noticed that the front screen was broken, drivers seat thrashed and tax disk lapsed end of January this year. Anyway went in to have my tea and forgot about the heap. Next thing i know there is an almighty noise like a jet fighter taking off, trust me i know. :o :o

Went outside and saw a bunch of yooths taking off in the Beemer. Thought well that has sorted out the parking problem.  :y

This morning as i went off to my employ, some say relaxation class, the insult to the law abiding public was back. When i returned to-night saw that tax disk was now going to run out end of July this year. Thought well it could not be all that bad then. Being a nosey git i looked closer at the tax disk and it was showing a totally different reg on it. Also the tax paid was nil. Thinks i well that is wrong. ::) ::) Talking to said neighbour from previous night, seems they contacted local Police with details. Constable arrives looks at said car and said 'i'll be back' in that great Arnie fashion.

This saga is bound to continue.....

Taxi_Driver

Re: Arnt they wonderful......
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2007, 19:40:27 »

Also the tax paid was nil. .....

Ah.....so its a classic car so it doesnt pay road tax or its been converted to carry wheelchairs and only used on school runs.....i think thats the only two reasons you get away with not paying road tax  :D

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2007, 19:40:31 »

Keep us informed Dave. It's grim and boring in Wakefield and you've got me on the edge of my seat :D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2007, 19:45:16 »

Next thing i know there is an almighty noise like a jet fighter taking off, trust me i know. :o :o

Well of course you would being next to Leuchars :y

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2007, 20:42:27 »

Ah.....so its a classic car so it doesn't pay road tax or its been converted to carry wheelchairs and only used on school runs.....i think thats the only two reasons you get away with not paying road tax  :D
or if it is a mobility car.. not in this case as the Beemer is a 'J' reg, tax disk for a 'R' reg. ::)

Will probably up on flea by soon. Slightly modified, rust free (no charge for the rust)and fully orthopaedic driving position, no fabric on seat. ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

STMO123

« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2007, 20:44:14 »

Ah.....so its a classic car so it doesn't pay road tax or its been converted to carry wheelchairs and only used on school runs.....i think thats the only two reasons you get away with not paying road tax  :D
or if it is a mobility car.. not in this case as the Beemer is a 'J' reg, tax disk for a 'R' reg. ::)

Will probably up on flea by soon. Slightly modified, rust free (no charge for the rust)and fully orthopaedic driving position, no fabric on seat. ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

Unless you go out tonight and set fire to it ;)

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2007, 20:44:58 »

Next thing i know there is an almighty noise like a jet fighter taking off, trust me i know. :o :o

Well of course you would being next to Leuchars :y

Good guess, go to the top of the class and give the pencil's out. ;D ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2007, 20:47:04 »

8-)
DaveL

Unless you go out tonight and set fire to it ;)

That would be more like it, certainly would get the neighbours talking instead of about my bonfires. :y

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2007, 21:00:37 »

Silly me of course it would again be one of my bonfires, but not in my garden. Could have a kind of rolling scrap heap. Tow it about and dump it outside houses that are about to get the once over for the new proposed council tax assessments.

Sure to bring the tone of the area down. :y

So what are your bids boys? ;)
 8-)
DaveL

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2007, 00:02:16 »

Give Cheney a shout in Cupar at the Trading Estate.  He will be out with his 7.5 tonner and Hi-ab within the hour......

Scrap is at £100 per tonne at the mo and he has never been picky in the past when it was half that.........   ::)     ;)

Just remember the old 1471 tele number blocker thingy when you call up.

Loads of Smiffs in Ceres aint there???

(who said that....   ;D  )

« Last Edit: 21 March 2007, 00:03:56 by hotel21 »

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2007, 06:06:18 »

Give Cheney a shout in Cupar at the Trading Estate.  He will be out with his 7.5 tonner and Hi-ab within the hour......

Scrap is at £100 per tonne at the mo and he has never been picky in the past when it was half that.........   ::)     ;)

Just remember the old 1471 tele number blocker thingy when you call up.

Loads of Smiffs in Ceres aint there???

(who said that....   ;D  )

Cheney no longer around, do not know where he went ociffer. :'( :'( nowowned by one Jim Morgan's mates, Bruce.  ;D

Do not need that 1471 malarkie phone already sorts that out itself.

For the rest of the audiance, it is still there this morning.... the Beemer that is :-[

8-)
DaveL

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2007, 19:49:47 »

Have just got in from gainful employment and for those in Wakefield still on the edge of their chairs.... the BEEMER has gone. Yes the masses have had a result.  :y :y

Mrs. DaveL did not hear or see it go (will have to get her senses checked out ) even now the neighbours are setting up a committee to sponsor the space on the road. Cannot be sure how or were the Beemer has gone.  :-/

The Swan Vesta's have all been counted out and back in and they are all there. Is it now in a street near you? Hopefully in a scrap yard near you.

The local three wise men are searching the fields, even as i speak. ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

HI2DVY

• Intermediate Member
  • Deepest Darkest, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2007, 19:56:55 »

Have just got in from gainful employment and for those in Wakefield still on the edge of their chairs.... the BEEMER has gone. Yes the masses have had a result.  :y :y

Mrs. DaveL did not hear or see it go (will have to get her senses checked out ) even now the neighbours are setting up a committee to sponsor the space on the road. Cannot be sure how or were the Beemer has gone.  :-/

The Swan Vesta's have all been counted out and back in and they are all there. Is it now in a street near you? Hopefully in a scrap yard near you.

The local three wise men are searching the fields, even as i speak. ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

Three wise men? In Ceres?

;)
some day.....

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2007, 20:05:27 »

Can only think they are either lost, playing a very long round of golf or asking about the Easter Jock meeting. :y ;D ;D
 8-)
DaveL

HI2DVY

• Intermediate Member
  • Deepest Darkest, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2007, 20:07:57 »

Easter Jock Meeting? Am I missing something?  :P
some day.....
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.