Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate Change, suborbital space travel, Burt Ruta  (Read 596 times)

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Climate Change, suborbital space travel, Burt Ruta
« on: 07 April 2010, 21:49:37 »

Just watched Black Sky, Race For Space, fascinating.

Climate Change :-

"I put myself in the (Those who fear expansion of Government control) group, and do not hide the fact that I have a clear bias on [ Anthropogenic global warming (AGW)]. My bias is based on fear of Government expansion and the observation of AGW data presentation fraud - not based on financial or any other personal benefit. I merely have found that the closer you look at the data and alarmists’ presentations, the more fraud you find and the less you think there is an AGW problem... For decades, as a professional experimental test engineer, I have analyzed experimental data and watched others massage and present data. I became a cynic; My conclusion – “if someone is aggressively selling a technical product whose merits are dependent on complex experimental data, he is likely lying”. That is true whether the product is an airplane or a Carbon Credit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Rutan

Nickbat

Re: Climate Change, suborbital space travel, Burt Ruta
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2010, 23:14:21 »

Just watched Black Sky, Race For Space, fascinating.

Climate Change :-

"I put myself in the (Those who fear expansion of Government control) group, and do not hide the fact that I have a clear bias on [ Anthropogenic global warming (AGW)]. My bias is based on fear of Government expansion and the observation of AGW data presentation fraud - not based on financial or any other personal benefit. I merely have found that the closer you look at the data and alarmists’ presentations, the more fraud you find and the less you think there is an AGW problem... For decades, as a professional experimental test engineer, I have analyzed experimental data and watched others massage and present data. I became a cynic; My conclusion – “if someone is aggressively selling a technical product whose merits are dependent on complex experimental data, he is likely lying”. That is true whether the product is an airplane or a Carbon Credit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Rutan

Nice find, Mike. :y

Burt's a smart lad! ;) ;D

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2010, 08:56:29 »

smart, but he himself admits he's no climatologist.

it's like asking a brain surgeon about washing machines.  ;D

climate change isn't rocket science  ::)
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2010, 20:57:31 »

But it is being analysed by scientists...

which is what his point is all about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 17 queries.