Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chocolate Labradors  (Read 1121 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Chocolate Labradors
« on: 06 May 2007, 01:18:37 »

OK, a bit of an off the wall long shot here, and PERHAPS prepared to expand my search and purchase options.....

I am in the market to purchase a chocolate labrador pup for pet purposes (not to be a workingdog but would prefer working stock) either dog or bitch, not decided yet.  Would welcome comments from any members who are breeders and can provide appropriate bona fides, as well as a spot-on pup at a fair price?
« Last Edit: 06 May 2007, 01:18:53 by hotel21 »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Labradors
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2007, 03:09:48 »

OK, a bit of an off the wall long shot here, and PERHAPS prepared to expand my search and purchase options.....

I am in the market to purchase a chocolate labrador pup for pet purposes (not to be a workingdog but would prefer working stock) either dog or bitch, not decided yet.  Would welcome comments from any members who are breeders and can provide appropriate bona fides, as well as a spot-on pup at a fair price?

Broccie, this is again off on a tangent from your original post,

But my girlfriend and I aquired a pup, a few months ago. She is a half lab, half springer spaniel. An exact half/half mix, which is rare, she looks like both breeds!

Complely crazy, but a fantastic companion and pet.

She was basically bred to be sold by her previous owner, we had her from a couple of months.

Very shy at first, needed a LOT of training, but the hard work is most definately paying off now, she's more loving and affectionate then I ever knew a dog could be!

You're definately going for the right temprement of dog  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2007, 09:36:25 »

Chocolate labs are great  :y All labs are friendly and great companionship.

Tho be prepared for lots of exercise for it.....it goes in order...strangley

Golden....Black...Chocolate....for putting on weight and being fat!

Mines a black one.....and struggles a bit with weight.....even tho i give her 2 x 1/2hr walks a day + shes on diet food!

Be prepared to pay around £450-£500 for a predigree.

Edit....PS....Please dont buy from a puppy farm!
« Last Edit: 06 May 2007, 09:38:24 by Taxi_Driver »

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2007, 10:23:55 »

First port of call would be to find an owners club or association they will have lists of members who's dogs are in pup or have recently had litters,they will also be able to give you advice.Its advisable to buy a puppy from a breeder who works from home so you can see assess the home environment and also see at least one of the the parents, as said please don't buy from a puppy farm
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2007, 13:27:06 »

Sorry Broocie, my latest pet is a Chinchilla.

But Tony's advice is good - find a forum and look in the labs for sale section.  I've just found a chinchilla website with over 10,000 members so choccy labs should be easy  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2007, 13:31:29 »

I've just found a chinchilla website with over 10,000 members so choccy labs should be easy  :y
Flippin 'eck  :o
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2007, 13:38:54 »

Thanks for the comments peeps...  I have had various dogs over the years and am aware of the cost/food/exercise needs and the like.  I am actively searching the various websites, doggy 'Owners Clubs' etc with a view to purchasing from a KC recommended localish dealer, so I can view both parents, etc (thats the Dam and Sire, not Maw and Paw of the breeders!).  I have no intention of going the puppy farm route.  

I only posted here on the off chance that a regular poster here was also a lab breeder, just to save me a wee bit of trawling, and to possibly pass my cash to a fellow member!   ;)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2007, 15:05:39 »

My Nanna's nextdoor neighbour breeds them.
Don't know if you want me to ask her any questions or get there phone number?
« Last Edit: 06 May 2007, 15:06:21 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

stuart30

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2007, 08:39:09 »

I've just found a chinchilla website with over 10,000 members so choccy labs should be easy  :y

Whats the web addy mate...the wife says they make good eating and would like to buy some. :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2007, 09:19:21 »

Whats the web addy mate...the wife says they make good eating and would like to buy some. :y

Have you seen the price!?

Too expensove for snack! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.