Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any bmw drivers on here  (Read 993 times)

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Any bmw drivers on here
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2010, 10:47:09 »

Must admit one of the annoying things for me is following a braker on the outside lane of a Motorway, you know type, accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, there normally BMW or Mercs.
 >:(

smithpa7

« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2010, 10:50:44 »

The missus drives the BMW all of the time. The Omega doesn't have any snob value :'(. So SWMBO is happy and I get to drive my lovely automatic Omega.
I must say she drives sensibly and doesn't cut people up etc :y

sujole

• Hemel Hempstead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2010, 12:07:25 »

The missus drives the BMW all of the time. The Omega doesn't have any snob value :'(. So SWMBO is happy and I get to drive my lovely automatic Omega.
I must say she drives sensibly and doesn't cut people up etc :y
Mine too. She is more than happy with her 318i but is not your typical BMW yobbo.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2010, 18:42:03 »

Always been a little miffed over this as I own a '52' plate 3.2 Omega Elite and a 2010 '60' plate bmw 330d M Sport Coupe and don't think my manner of driving differs from one car to the other. I always indicate my intentions early and try to be courteous to other drivers regardless of the car I am driving.

I suppose the only thing to change between my cars is the vocabulary. If someone gets in my way in the Omega I shout "get out of my way you idiot" whereas in the beemer I shout "get out of my way you peasant". Only joking.  ;D ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2010, 19:08:47 »

Always been a little miffed over this as I own a '52' plate 3.2 Omega Elite and a 2010 '60' plate bmw 330d M Sport Coupe and don't think my manner of driving differs from one car to the other. I always indicate my intentions early and try to be courteous to other drivers regardless of the car I am driving.

I suppose the only thing to change between my cars is the vocabulary. If someone gets in my way in the Omega I shout "get out of my way you idiot" whereas in the beemer I shout "get out of my way you peasant". Only joking.  ;D ;D ;D

Show me the pictures  :y

I'm getting into this thing where German car drivers are all idiots again  ;D
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

albitz

« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2010, 20:33:42 »

Never had a probelm with Beemer drivers tbh. Around these parts it seems to drivers of new Range Rovers. Old RR,s are driven by farmers and suchlike, but the new ones seem to be driven by youngish (30 - 40)Essex geezers who dont give a monkeys about manners. A lot of them look like the type to rip your head off and crap down your neck if you give them grief about it. :(

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2010, 21:48:50 »

Just for you Del.  :y I'm not big on photo's so this is from my phone. I'll have to post one up of both cars some time. I thought the 3.2 was quick until I got the beemer. Others, be gentle with me, at least I have an Omega as well. ;D ;D

[/img]

[/img]

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2010, 21:56:11 »

Just for you Del.  :y I'm not big on photo's so this is from my phone. I'll have to post one up of both cars some time. I thought the 3.2 was quick until I got the beemer. Others, be gentle with me, at least I have an Omega as well. ;D ;D

[/img]

[/img]

Love it, best set of wheels, nice colour, perfect  :y :y

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2010, 22:05:28 »

Beemers are ok. I've had a couple, 318i touring auto & a 328i manual coupe, both were good cars & never missed a beat but i have to admit many (not all) BMW drivers, usually the newer larger models really deserve dragging out & given a proper smacking. They fly round roundabouts turning right without indicating so you think it's clear to pull out then they give it the headlights & horns. They don't seem able to find the indicators but on the odd occasion i lose it they seem to be able to find the central locking button, reverse gear & thier phone in seconds. They talk the talk...idiots! >:(
Curry makes the world go round!

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2010, 22:25:25 »

Beemers are ok. I've had a couple, 318i touring auto & a 328i manual coupe, both were good cars & never missed a beat but i have to admit many (not all) BMW drivers, usually the newer larger models really deserve dragging out & given a proper smacking. They fly round roundabouts turning right without indicating so you think it's clear to pull out then they give it the headlights & horns. They don't seem able to find the indicators but on the odd occasion i lose it they seem to be able to find the central locking button, reverse gear & thier phone in seconds. They talk the talk...idiots! >:(

I think Del and I have set a splendid example of the gentlemanly behaviour of fellow German car drivers.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Amigo, lol, I have bmw assist on my car so I do not have to lock the car myself, I voice dial their number and they lock it for me.   ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I'm back in the Omega tomorrow so I'll be watching out for those dodgy bmw drivers. ;D ;D

Regards
Alan
« Last Edit: 25 October 2010, 07:42:15 by Alan-Hearn »

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 October 2010, 22:30:29 »

I think Del and I have set a splendid example of the gentlemanly behaviour of fellow German car drivers.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Amigo, lol, I have bmw assist on my car so I do not have to lock the car myself, I voice dial their number and they lock it for me.   ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I'm back in the Omega tomorrow so I be watching out for those dodgy bmw drivers. ;D ;D

Regards
Alan
Not tarring evryone with the same brush but let's jst say some drivers give the marque a bad name! ::)
Curry makes the world go round!

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 October 2010, 09:07:00 »

Anyway, I'm back in the Omega tomorrow so I'll be watching out for those dodgy bmw drivers. ;D ;D

Regards
Alan
I think we've set a very good example of BMW driving :y Personally I never use the phone whilst driving anyway, but in the BMW it's easy due to voice control and Bluetooth. Has your beemer got the new HD i-Drive? If it has how do you find it, I'm considering ordering a new 5 series so would like to know how it is :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.