Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big up to Vauxhall & you guys!  (Read 830 times)

zulu one zero

• Aberdeen
    • View Profile
Big up to Vauxhall & you guys!
« on: 17 October 2010, 22:00:09 »

Hi all,
After what seems like a never ending (extended) tour out in "the 'Stan", I'm now back in Blighty for a bit of a chill out period. I'm back behind the wheel of my v6 Special, & life is good - if a little cold!
Anyway - just in case any of you guys aren't aware, Vauxhall are working as a partner with Help for Heroes over the next two years. As such, they are assisting fund raising efforts by individuals/groups, as well as sharing proceeds of VXR Power events.
On behalf of all the guys & girls working hard 24 hours a day, all over the world (we literally are everywhere!!), I'd just like to say thanks to Vauxhall, & each & every one of you who have attended, or will attend any of these events in support of those less fortunate than me.
I can speak for all my colleagues when we say that we really appreciate the good old British public for getting behind us when the going gets tough!  :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Big up to Vauxhall & you guys!
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2010, 22:10:31 »

Glad you're back safely D - well done to you and all those working out there. 8-) 8-) :y

Xplicit 2.0

• Intermediate Member
  • Dorset, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2010, 12:40:08 »

how do individuals/groups get involved with vauxhall with help in fund raising? im not if they will still be doing this next year but i got to a charity car show called Modified Madness that help raid money for Help For Heros as well as their side event Modified Matchams at Matchams leisure park (the last one of the season being this wednesday 20th) just thought i could pass the info onto the organisers who are friends of mine

zulu one zero

• Aberdeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2010, 09:31:28 »

Hi mate,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you - I've been away again on a 'short' trip.
I found out about this via the Help for Heroes website
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/current_corporate_sponsors.html
Hopefully, you should be able to copy & paste that.....
Vauxhall are running some VXR Power events, which will raise funds, & are encouraging their dealers to aid/assist with events, although primarily, they'd like it to be car based in some way. I've managed to get some assistance from the local dealership in Aberdeen, to set up an event. Of course, it all depends on what the dealership is prepared to do...
If you need anything else, let me know, & I'll try to help out as much as I can.
I know that the guys & girls appreciate what you are doing.
Cheers 8-)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2010, 11:33:26 »

Hi all,
After what seems like a never ending (extended) tour out in "the 'Stan", I'm now back in Blighty for a bit of a chill out period. I'm back behind the wheel of my v6 Special, & life is good - if a little cold!
Anyway - just in case any of you guys aren't aware, Vauxhall are working as a partner with Help for Heroes over the next two years. As such, they are assisting fund raising efforts by individuals/groups, as well as sharing proceeds of VXR Power events.
On behalf of all the guys & girls working hard 24 hours a day, all over the world (we literally are everywhere!!), I'd just like to say thanks to Vauxhall, & each & every one of you who have attended, or will attend any of these events in support of those less fortunate than me.
I can speak for all my colleagues when we say that we really appreciate the good old British public for getting behind us when the going gets tough!  :y

It should be the least the British public can do when, yet again, it is the military of Great Britain that defends our freedom, and gives us all great pride in what they do for us! :y :y :y :y

zulu one zero

• Aberdeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2010, 11:58:54 »

Hi all - just been having a catch up with Top Gear magazine, & they have been running an article on the main VXR Power event, which has had a few celebrities (James Martin - chef), & the likes of Jason Plato, & James Thompson taking part in the racing of things. I can't recall what the exact figure raised was, but it was a fairly hefty sum.

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2010, 18:05:01 »

well survived...!

pretty-much everything I do ends up over there at the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.