Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extended warrentys  (Read 1869 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Extended warrentys
« on: 22 August 2006, 23:11:31 »

Hi all, My Meega's warrenty is due for renual, anybody out there got any experiences good or bad regarding aftermarket warrentys?
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Extended warrentys
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2006, 00:27:37 »

My first Omega came with one-year warranty, so I bought Vx SureGuard for another three-years / unlimited mileage for just under £1,400. SureGuard was only available for up to 4 years, so I could not renew it after that.

It was very good, any problems were fixed for free by the dealer during normal servicing so from my point of view there was no difference between this and the original warranty.

Financially it did not pay off though, the actual repairs the car needed in the first four years were only a couple of drop link and some bushes so definitely less than £1,400 even in Vx money, but it did give me peace of mind.

(incidentally, the tensioner went at 60k, just one month after the SureGuard expired – the dealer would not repair it under SureGuard but Vx did later agreed to refund 70% of the repair cost)

My current Omega came with 3-years warranty, so I didn’t bother with the SureGuard. I noticed they are still selling it though – but I am not quite sure why would anyone want to buy SureGuard for a car that has three years warranty anyway?

I had a look at some mechanical breakdown warranties recently, and was not impressed, as all had a very low maximum pay out – e.g. £250-£500 etc – not enough to cover the cost (in garage money, not DIY money) in case of engine damage due to cambelt failure. In order to get some more substantial maximum e.g. £1,000 the premiums become unreasonable. So no warranty for me since the first 3 years expired in 2004…

« Last Edit: 23 August 2006, 00:35:54 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2006, 06:22:59 »

I had SureGuard on my Carlton Gsi, over ran a service by 1000 miles, invalidated the warranty.
I like red cars

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2006, 08:41:38 »

If you already have your car Vaux serviced then take out the MOT insurance.....it covers pretty much everything bit wear and tear items (i.e. brakes, tyres bulbs...) buit, does cover wishbone bushes, rear springs etc.....and only about 40 quid.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2006, 10:42:41 »

I had SureGuard on my Carlton Gsi, over ran a service by 1000 miles, invalidated the warranty.

You of all people AA, over ran a service by 1,000 miles ?! Tsss tssss.....

;D

Alas, no more Omegas....

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2006, 11:18:10 »

If you already have your car Vaux serviced then take out the MOT insurance.....it covers pretty much everything bit wear and tear items (i.e. brakes, tyres bulbs...) buit, does cover wishbone bushes, rear springs etc.....and only about 40 quid.

I nearly took something on like this with the AA once but never went ahead with it.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2006, 11:22:48 »

I nearly took something on like this with the AA once but never went ahead with it.

Sorry I don't provide it anymore...oops, I thought you meant me ;D
I like red cars

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2006, 11:25:12 »

Sorry I don't provide it anymore...oops, I thought you meant me ;D

pmsl  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.