Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronnie project LPG Elite update  (Read 448 times)

Ronald_McBurger

Ronnie project LPG Elite update
« on: 20 May 2007, 20:09:18 »

Today I couldn't do much as my back is particularly bad. Just as well I am going into hospital tomorrow then!

Anyway, due to the noisy top end still, I decided the only way forward is to go backwards. So, I stripped it all back down to the valves again. I have a strong suspicion that at leats one tappet is broken. On removing the tappets it was noticed that two of the valve heads had minor rust  appearing, which would indicate that the tappets have not seated on those two properly.

Also, cleaned the strainer as best I could as you cannot remove the sodding thing - Thanks GM!!!! then resealed and replaced the lower sump pan. Then had the joyous task of removing the oil pressure relief valve. This took some doing! You HAVE to remove the cambelt on the facelift to do this and in addition you need to remove no 3 cam sprocket to get vertical access with a long extension bar. I then needed the 1/2 torque wrench to get enough leverage to undo this b@stard bolt! My torque wrench goes up to 50 zillion newtons, and it was off the scale! Did it though. Valve clear and working fine, so replaced backa again.

On checking some of the tappets again, I have already had 2 faulty ones, ie springs broken, so that may be where the noise id from. Hoping to poach a couple of spares of Mark later.

Sounds a huge job, but now all I have to do is to replace the broken and any any other broken tappets, reprime them, refit all 24, replace the 4 cams, replace the sprockets, line up cams to back plates, get crank to TDC and fit cambelt back on. Set timing, reassemble front bits including bagpipes, fit new rocker seals again and build the top back up. Then put in the oil and try it all again.

Now, if that works I still have some jobs left:
1. The N/S front pipe to centre joint is blowing and needs som attention.
2. I have to make new LPG inlet piping as the original is damaged.
3. Test LPG system works again the get it certified.
4. Get dent out of NSF wing
5. MoT the car (runs out August but I'll do it anyway)
6. Full Valet
7. Fix skipping CD head
8. Sell it.

Anyone wanting to start the bidding? Looking for £3000+ for this when done.

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Re: Ronnie project LPG Elite update
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2007, 23:46:24 »

Anyone wanting to start the bidding? Looking for £3000+ for this when done.

What's the spec? Just curious, it's no use to me as being an Elite I presume it's a slushbox.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.