Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meega V6 Camcover sealant...  (Read 1128 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Meega V6 Camcover sealant...
« on: 19 May 2007, 22:21:13 »

... is Nasty stuff!

Did someone's cambelt kit and camcovers today - and i Can NOT get this stuff off my arms and face!!

Swarfega won't touch it.

Ideas  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Meega V6 Camcover sealant...
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2007, 22:25:45 »

Yeah, get in on the camcovers, not yer flippin face...   ...bloody youngsters ;)
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2007, 22:26:02 »

If you think thats bad, I tried doing them with superglue. The AA had to come and take me and the car to casualty.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2007, 22:28:07 »

How did you get it all over yourself, you only need small spots of the stuff and they are in the sorts of places where you can only get at them by hugging the engine!

If its a thick coating, it peels off when dry.....or scrub with a scrubbing brush....

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2007, 22:29:37 »

How did you get it all over yourself, you only need small spots of the stuff and they are in the sorts of places where you can only get at them by hugging the engine!

If its a thick coating, it peels off when dry.....or scrub with a scrubbing brush....

Hmmmm....so you've had a thick coating on your hands then.. :P

Martin_1962

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2007, 22:30:05 »

Try Carex - that shifts a lot!

Failing that cellulose thinners!

Martin_1962

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2007, 22:30:45 »

and they are in the sorts of places where you can only get at them by hugging the engine!

Tunnie will get jealous ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2007, 22:33:39 »

I know how to apply it :P ;D

Baiscally, it was an old tube, I was trying to squeeze out enough, but suddenly I got plastered in the stuff before I got anywhere near the car!!

Mostly my left arm and nose are suffering!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Meega V6 Cam cover sealant...
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2007, 22:35:04 »

If you think thats bad, I tried doing them with superglue. The AA had to come and take me and the car to casualty.

Reminds me of a story......when I was 15 I had to go into hospital with a suspected appendicitis (it wasn't, it was worse!) and there was a guy opposite me, nice chap, who was having a tube remove from his back passage.....

Any way, this had been inserted 4 weeks early due to damage to the back passage following a DIY accident.......

I was only 15 and possible slightly nieve so spoke to his other half about it as I didn't;t believe him.....it turns out that they have a terraced house and he was wall papering the ceiling, whilst he was stood on planks across some tressels stripping the old paper off, she was hoovering up....

..... he slipped and landed on the hoover handle!

She had a pic of him, face down on the trolley with half an Electrolux sticking out his arse.....the fire brigade had removed the other half.....

She said he asked to have the photo taken as nobody would believe him otherwise!
« Last Edit: 19 May 2007, 22:35:44 by Mark »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2007, 22:37:23 »

Failing that cellulose thinners!

It doesn't touch the stuff unfortunaltely.......silicon eater does though

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2007, 22:38:08 »

Reminds me of a story......when I was 15 I had to go into hospital with a suspected appendicitis (it wasn't, it was worse!) and there was a guy opposite me, nice chap, who was having a tube remove from his back passage.....

Any way, this had been inserted 4 weeks early due to damage to the back passage following a DIY accident.......

I was only 15 and possible slightly nieve so spoke to his other half about it as I didn't;t believe him.....it turns out that they have a terraced house and he was wall papering the ceiling, whilst he was stood on planks across some tressels stripping the old paper off, she was hoovering up....

She had a pic of him, face down on the trolley with half an Electrolux sticking out his arse.....the fire brigade had removed the other half.....

She said he asked to have the photo taken as nobody would believe him otherwise!
Ouch, I bet that hurt*

*I will add that I can only surmise, having never had anything shove up my arse...
Grumpy old man

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2007, 16:14:00 »

Well if you still have that picture I will add it to my pic collection  ;) ;D
Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.