Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: esso supreme petrol A MUST!!!!  (Read 3285 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: esso supreme petrol A MUST!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 26 February 2011, 14:38:36 »

I'm keeping mine filled up. Every time I go out fuel has gone up.

If you do average miles a year you probably use 150 litres a month. If it goes up 10 p a litre that is £15 after you have paid tax.

I wonder if the S/h price of Omegas will drop even further this summer as the government cuts really hit home and fuel rockets (with or without government tax)?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 February 2011, 18:00:28 »

Brimmed mine twice this week £88 the first time and £80 the second will need to go again tomorrow can't face brimming it again as it@ll break my heart as well as the wallet :'( :'(
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

Tonka.

• Omega Knight
  • Lincoln, Lincolnshire
    • 2000 2.5 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 February 2011, 21:04:01 »

I have been banging on about this for weeks now! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Although it seems very few on here believed me, ESSO unleaded has made my V6 much quieter, and when I first fully filled up with this fuel a slight tapping noise I had using supermarket fuel disappeared within about 20 minutes and has not returned.   

As Glenny Boy states the engine is noticeable smoother, has more power and the MPG has improved, only only slightly; by 1.5 mpg! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) ;) ;)

ESSO garages around here have the unleaded at the same price as everywhere, so it has made every sense to stay with it.  I intend to anyway as it is reallybetter!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

I do agree Lizzie. Mine is so much better with it. Supermarket fuel not only made it tap, it also upset the knock sensors and put the emissions light on  :y

To cap it all, Tesco is 1p dearer  ;D

Where in Lincoln is Esso Tonk?

Heck Rob. I have just realised that I use Shell at the top of Burton Road. Not Esso.  :-[ :-[

Anyway the end result seems the same  :y

Isn't the Esso station on Newark road or did it shut down. ::) ::)

The happiest people don't have the best of everything,
they just make the best of everything they have.

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 February 2011, 22:35:33 »

well fuel over here is at a high of 136 per litre and expected to rise again next week i need to get the mig on the road and get rid of my mazda6 (12l per 100km) but the chances of shifting that quick will be limited it may turn into my project car!!
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 February 2011, 22:39:39 »

At current prices it must be very close to costing £100 to fill an Omega tank from empty. Iirc its just under 134p per litre which tales it to the £100 per tank mark.
My first car cost £70 to buy - and I believe it had a full tank of petrol when I bought it. :(
[/highlight]

Yes but that was in the days you bought your petrol in a goatskin Albs  ::) ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 February 2011, 22:42:10 »

I dont think Ive ever not brimmed the tank, Im not queueing and paying twice, 1 trip, fill it, do it all again when empty.  never seen the point of, 'ill chuck a tenner in' sod that for a game of soldiers.

Same here, brim it every week, currently at a 1/4 tank which is rare...tis only because I had a day off today and went, with the family, to Hartlepool, so wrong direction to fill up at Tesco and use my 5ppl coupon...... :D :D :D
[/highlight]

You have to spend more than £50 to get that coupon you spendthrift! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 February 2011, 22:48:06 »

I dont think Ive ever not brimmed the tank, Im not queueing and paying twice, 1 trip, fill it, do it all again when empty.  never seen the point of, 'ill chuck a tenner in' sod that for a game of soldiers.

Same here, brim it every week, currently at a 1/4 tank which is rare...tis only because I had a day off today and went, with the family, to Hartlepool, so wrong direction to fill up at Tesco and use my 5ppl coupon...... :D :D :D
[/highlight]

You have to spend more than £50 to get that coupon you spendthrift! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Filled up today with last weeks coupon and got a new coupon today as well....... :D :D :D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 February 2011, 22:49:13 »

[/highlight]

Filled up today with last weeks coupon and got a new coupon today as well....... :D :D :D

My God how the 'other half' live  ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #38 on: 26 February 2011, 22:50:30 »

I had one of those 5ppl coupons for Tesco.. took a big detour the other week to fill up with it; got there and ended up at a pump that's "pay at pump only" after 6.30pm, couldn't be bothered to go somewhere else and then realised that Tesco is 4ppl more expensive than Sainsbury which is right by my house.

Whoops ;D

(Shell & Esso are ~6ppl more than Sainsbury usually, even though they're all of 1000yds from Sainsbury!)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26 February 2011, 23:06:15 »

I had one of those 5ppl coupons for Tesco.. took a big detour the other week to fill up with it; got there and ended up at a pump that's "pay at pump only" after 6.30pm, couldn't be bothered to go somewhere else and then realised that Tesco is 4ppl more expensive than Sainsbury which is right by my house.

Whoops ;D

(Shell & Esso are ~6ppl more than Sainsbury usually, even though they're all of 1000yds from Sainsbury!)

Tesco Stockton today, 125.9ppl less 5ppl so 120.9ppl - and I am pleased with that, not one bit.... >:( >:( >:(

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 February 2011, 00:38:52 »

I have been banging on about this for weeks now! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Although it seems very few on here believed me, ESSO unleaded has made my V6 much quieter, and when I first fully filled up with this fuel a slight tapping noise I had using supermarket fuel disappeared within about 20 minutes and has not returned.   

As Glenny Boy states the engine is noticeable smoother, has more power and the MPG has improved, only only slightly; by 1.5 mpg! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) ;) ;)

ESSO garages around here have the unleaded at the same price as everywhere, so it has made every sense to stay with it.  I intend to anyway as it is reallybetter!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

I do agree Lizzie. Mine is so much better with it. Supermarket fuel not only made it tap, it also upset the knock sensors and put the emissions light on  :y

To cap it all, Tesco is 1p dearer  ;D

Where in Lincoln is Esso Tonk?

Heck Rob. I have just realised that I use Shell at the top of Burton Road. Not Esso.  :-[ :-[

Anyway the end result seems the same  :y

Isn't the Esso station on Newark road or did it shut down. ::) ::)

From what I can remember Esso was/is on the A46 to Newark just past the Walkers factory iirc
It's been 10 years since I was working at Lincoln  :o
Don't wee on the electric fence

albitz

« Reply #41 on: 27 February 2011, 00:48:11 »

At current prices it must be very close to costing £100 to fill an Omega tank from empty. Iirc its just under 134p per litre which tales it to the £100 per tank mark.
My first car cost £70 to buy - and I believe it had a full tank of petrol when I bought it. :(
[/highlight]

Yes but that was in the days you bought your petrol in a goatskin Albs  ::) ;D ;)
Cheeky tinker. :P ;D...........petrol was around 70p per GALLON then, and the tank was approx 8 gallons. So fill up from empty and you had enough change from 6 quid to buy 20 cigs.
Those were the days my friend. :'(

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 February 2011, 02:58:45 »

[/highlight]

Cheeky tinker. :P ;D...........petrol was around 70p per GALLON then, and the tank was approx 8 gallons. So fill up from empty and you had enough change from 6 quid to buy 20 cigs.
Those were the days my friend. :'(
My 1966 Cortina only has an 8 gallon tank. Not sure how much it would've cost to fill it back then. I remember old money but i was only 3 in 1966!!!! ;D
Curry makes the world go round!

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #43 on: 27 February 2011, 10:07:02 »

currently off rd therefore petrol expenditure = £00000000 ;D ;D ;D :y

Before that I used to only put £10 only for the very reason  of also not tying up funds.  I suppose my mileage commitment is not the same as you guys.  Being in London and having tfl it helps extremely as I use that for daily commute to work. :) :)

To Lizzie:  Have you used the Shell equivalent?  if so is your experience the same?  Unfortnately, have not used the esso variant as a local station to me, which was purchased privately, charges the earth, even before current petrol hike, so god kows what is now :(

No I have not yet and a Shell station is not convenient to me.  I will try it though when I get the chance :y :y

sujole

• Hemel Hempstead
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 February 2011, 14:27:05 »

Whoops ;D

I'm lucky, Sainsburys and Shell are less than 500 yards apart in my area so no probs using Shell at Sainsburys prices  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.