Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: esso supreme petrol A MUST!!!!  (Read 3283 times)

sujole

• Hemel Hempstead
    • View Profile
Re: esso supreme petrol A MUST!!!!
« Reply #45 on: 27 February 2011, 14:28:37 »

At current prices it must be very close to costing £100 to fill an Omega tank from empty. Iirc its just under 134p per litre which tales it to the £100 per tank mark.
My first car cost £70 to buy - and I believe it had a full tank of petrol when I bought it. :(
[/highlight]

Yes but that was in the days you bought your petrol in a goatskin Albs  ::) ;D ;)
Cheeky tinker. :P ;D...........petrol was around 70p per GALLON then, and the tank was approx 8 gallons. So fill up from empty and you had enough change from 6 quid to buy 20 cigs.
Those were the days my friend. :'(
My 1966 Cortina only has an 8 gallon tank. Not sure how much it would've cost to fill it back then. I remember old money but i was only 3 in 1966!!!! ;D
[/highlight]
4 gallons £1 4shillings !

999gsi

• norwich
    • 2002 omega.2.6 v6 cdx est
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 February 2011, 23:27:52 »

didnt know there were any esso petrol stations left,i put bp ultimate in the works response cars,it doest make it any quicker but it is ace for the necter card  :y
previous cars,cavalier gl,glsi,sri 130,cdi,gsi.nova gte,astra gte mk1,3x gte 16v mk2,gsi mk3,carlton gsi 24v,vectra 3.2 gsi ,signum 2.0 turbo design,lexus is 200,saab,95 se and aero,bmw 523,merc e260...

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28 February 2011, 00:04:50 »

My 1966 Cortina only has an 8 gallon tank. Not sure how much it would've cost to fill it back then. I remember old money but i was only 3 in 1966!!!! 
In 1966 I would put 5 gallons in my Cortina 1500 GT at the local Jet garage, 4s 8d a gallon. = £1:17p for 5 gallons. packet of Embassy filter for 10p then off to the pictures ( no movies in those days ) with the girlfriend, 2 tickets for the stalls 15p. 5 gallons Petrol, fags and the pictures for two for under £1:50..
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.