Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't even turn the telly on  (Read 4132 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Can't even turn the telly on
« Reply #60 on: 29 April 2011, 12:21:16 »

Doesn't need cuts just better management. sorry but having first hand experience from this had a cochlear implant fitted last year only had one as there was no funding for two so i still remain deaf in one ear,paid into the system for thirty years,
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Because there are more managers than staff ;) ;) I too am experiencing the inefficiencies of the NHS first hand >:(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29 April 2011, 12:24:08 »

Doesn't need cuts just better management. sorry but having first hand experience from this had a cochlear implant fitted last year only had one as there was no funding for two so i still remain deaf in one ear,paid into the system for thirty years,

My own feeling is it actually needs to close. Completely. Then a decision made whether to rebuild it properly.  The concept is idealogical, but will always be difficult to implement in practice.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 29 April 2011, 12:27:03 »

And NI is a stealth tax anyway.

For the 'average' wage, each working person pays approx £2000pa NI.  Each trust receives approx £1200pa.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 29 April 2011, 12:32:13 »

And NI is a stealth tax anyway.

For the 'average' wage, each working person pays approx £2000pa NI.  Each trust receives approx £1200pa.

NI is for far more than the NHS... Pensions are a far bigger draw on NI contributions ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #64 on: 29 April 2011, 12:52:26 »

Ive just got up. Did I miss something ? :-/

Debs.

« Reply #65 on: 29 April 2011, 12:57:11 »

:y Yes, it`s my youngest-dog; Metheny`s 8th. birthday today! :)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29 April 2011, 12:58:15 »

My own feeling is it actually needs to close. Completely. Then a decision made whether to rebuild it properly.  The concept is idealogical, but will always be difficult to implement in practice.

i think they have 5 managers to a bed...my view i think they should let tescos run it (laughable i know) but at least they can run something without making a loss..thing is my mum is in hospital at mo and the nurses/doc do a great job but they are rushed off their feet and they are doing a 12 hour shift..need more nurses/doc and less managers :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

albitz

« Reply #67 on: 29 April 2011, 13:09:22 »

Just p*****es me off 5000 police on duty, who is paying for that ????  lets see next week they will have more nhs cuts to fund it. Sorry if it offends some but thats just me i'm affraid,
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

What NHS cuts ? The NHS budget has been ring fenced to rise at the level of inflation afaik. wrongly imo. ;)

albitz

« Reply #68 on: 29 April 2011, 13:11:47 »

The wedding is a National Occasion (no matter what TB thinks) as she is the future Queen ;) ;)
It is a National occasion, its not a State occasion.  Therefore, the ceremony should be as private as possible, to an extent. Televise it, if thats OK with the couple, but the media's frenzy has, really, ruined it, as the media now feels it has to be sensationalist.

Whether she is THE future queen (note, she will never be The Queen) is not guaranteed...  ...it will take the deaths of 2 people before that can happen.  Hopefully, she can be the mother of a future heir.

Agreed that the media have ruined it, if you didn't avoid the hype, but the couple did agree to it being as it is ;) ;)

As for future... No, she won't be THE Queen, but she will be Queen by virtue of the fact that she is Married to THE KING! He will sit on the throne as King, perhaps many years down the line, but he will. I still wouldn't be surprised if Charles never does though ;)
The Prince of Wales will be the King if he outlives Maj. Thats Royal Protocol, and how it should be. At which point, the now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will become the Prince and Princess of Wales, and next in line...

Yes, that's Royal Protocol... But there is the possibility that he will not accept the title ;) ;) And, of course, that Her Maj may outlive him ;) She does look extremely fit and healthy for her age :y :y

If Charles has a breath in his body after mum pops her clogs he will be King. He wants it soooooo bad it hurts.
Personally I think the bloke is a rather moron, who should be in a home for the bewildered.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 April 2011, 13:42:56 »

Happy birthday, Metheny :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29 April 2011, 13:43:28 »

FFS, even when it is over, its still ain't over  >:(
Grumpy old man

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29 April 2011, 13:45:40 »

The wedding is a National Occasion (no matter what TB thinks) as she is the future Queen ;) ;)
It is a National occasion, its not a State occasion.  Therefore, the ceremony should be as private as possible, to an extent. Televise it, if thats OK with the couple, but the media's frenzy has, really, ruined it, as the media now feels it has to be sensationalist.

Whether she is THE future queen (note, she will never be The Queen) is not guaranteed...  ...it will take the deaths of 2 people before that can happen.  Hopefully, she can be the mother of a future heir.

Agreed that the media have ruined it, if you didn't avoid the hype, but the couple did agree to it being as it is ;) ;)

As for future... No, she won't be THE Queen, but she will be Queen by virtue of the fact that she is Married to THE KING! He will sit on the throne as King, perhaps many years down the line, but he will. I still wouldn't be surprised if Charles never does though ;)
The Prince of Wales will be the King if he outlives Maj. Thats Royal Protocol, and how it should be. At which point, the now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will become the Prince and Princess of Wales, and next in line...

Yes, that's Royal Protocol... But there is the possibility that he will not accept the title ;) ;) And, of course, that Her Maj may outlive him ;) She does look extremely fit and healthy for her age :y :y

If Charles has a breath in his body after mum pops her clogs he will be King. He wants it soooooo bad it hurts.
Personally I think the bloke is a rather moron, who should be in a home for the bewildered.

When I think about some of the shit I've been obliged to stand and listen to over the years - both from the incumbents and their flunkies - is it any reason I'm a bit of an odd bastaad. >:( :-X

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29 April 2011, 13:47:28 »

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj241/CleverCollies/LateJune011.jpg

Birthday  :-* :-* :-* :-* from Uncle Denny. :y

Debs.

« Reply #73 on: 29 April 2011, 13:49:01 »

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj241/CleverCollies/LateJune011.jpg

Birthday  :-* :-* :-* :-* from Uncle Denny. :y

;) Gratefully accepted with a matey-wag! :y

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 29 April 2011, 13:58:49 »

i wont watch it anyway its a load of crap they dont do anything for us
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.