Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential Outages 28th June  (Read 1558 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Potential Outages 28th June
« on: 20 June 2011, 21:45:38 »

My ISP has informed me they are moving my line to new Exchange equipment, and to expect a couple of short Internet outages on the 28th June.

I suspect the router will then be busy trying to resync/relearn a BRAS profile for a while afterwards.

To compound this, we will also require an outage in the next couple of days to replace the faulty array accelerator batteries when it arrives, and further occasional outages as part of the migration to a new server.

We try to maintain good availability of the site, but the next 2 weeks are likely to be quite disappointing in that respect, for which we can only apologise, and ask you bear with us through this period.
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Outages 28th June
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2011, 21:59:32 »

Given that we all pay zilch for 24 hours/7 day a week access and the very few problems are sorted extremely quickly ... anyone who whinges at the possibility of a few outages should .... IMHO .. suffer some severe punishment ( is "stringing up" still illegal ?? :) ).

Regardless of the success of your endeavours, I would just like to say "Thankyou" for all you do for our enjoyment. It is not said often enough IMHO .. as without your efforts there would, quite simply, be no OOF ...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2011, 22:10:44 »

Seconded Entwood :y :y :y :y

But can I request that it's all up and running by the 30th as I'll be led up after being in hospital on the 29th ::) ::) ;D ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

pirate

• Intermediate Member
  • westhumble surrey
    • steinmetz elit estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2011, 16:42:19 »

well done for what you do as i havent a clue what your talking about it may as well be martian ,spanners and cubic inches is about as far as i get, keep up the clever shit that you dudes can do with these bloody computers, personaly i hate them, really look forword to and accidentail eon bomb going off and even your toaster dont work  :o

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2011, 20:20:07 »

this just isnt good enough TB and thankfully with your email problems you didnt receive mine stating i was willing to offer £7500 towards the upkeep of the site which i withdraw,if we cant have a constant annual service then i may have to seek alternative forums(ive heard the magic tree forum is booming) ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2011, 21:39:19 »

this just isnt good enough TB and thankfully with your email problems you didnt receive mine stating i was willing to offer £7500 towards the upkeep of the site which i withdraw,if we cant have a constant annual service then i may have to seek alternative forums(ive heard the magic tree forum is booming) ::)
If only you knew ::) :P
Grumpy old man

BlueBridge

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral
    • 3.0 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2011, 00:07:25 »

Given that we all pay zilch for 24 hours/7 day a week access and the very few problems are sorted extremely quickly ... anyone who whinges at the possibility of a few outages should .... IMHO .. suffer some severe punishment ( is "stringing up" still illegal ?? :) ).

Regardless of the success of your endeavours, I would just like to say "Thankyou" for all you do for our enjoyment. It is not said often enough IMHO .. as without your efforts there would, quite simply, be no OOF ...

Here here :y
Jon

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2011, 19:14:54 »

Here here :y

+1 :y :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2011, 13:12:29 »

I would just like to say THANK YOU for what you do. :y

Mr Hagon

• Intermediate Member
  • South West London
  • RWD and V6; the only way to travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2011, 21:51:12 »

My ISP has informed me they are moving my line to new Exchange equipment, and to expect a couple of short Internet outages on the 28th June.

I suspect the router will then be busy trying to resync/relearn a BRAS profile for a while afterwards.

To compound this, we will also require an outage in the next couple of days to replace the faulty array accelerator batteries when it arrives, and further occasional outages as part of the migration to a new server.

We try to maintain good availability of the site, but the next 2 weeks are likely to be quite disappointing in that respect, for which we can only apologise, and ask you bear with us through this period.
Ha, sounds like the common fault I've seen on HP DL380 G4s...
Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.2 Estate (Mar '02) in Star Silver.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 June 2011, 21:57:50 »

Thats because we use HP SMART Array Controllers as well ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 June 2011, 21:59:38 »

The Internet change has been done in the early hours of the morning, and the tape drive was moved this evening.

So only expected outage left is when we actually migrate OOF to the new server :)
Grumpy old man

Mr Hagon

• Intermediate Member
  • South West London
  • RWD and V6; the only way to travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 June 2011, 22:37:53 »

Thats because we use HP SMART Array Controllers as well ;)
Not nearly as much fun as the faulty backplanes on HP NetServer LP2000s that would cause random BSODs... ;D
Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.2 Estate (Mar '02) in Star Silver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.