Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cynical git that i am....  (Read 2429 times)

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Cynical git that i am....
« on: 07 June 2007, 18:04:01 »

Been looking at recent posts on the for sale bits. Am i right in thinking that we are getting a lot of 'newbies' on here trying to off load parts for Megas cos' its free and they have no intention of carrying on with their membership after they have off loaded said items/car? :o :o

i know there will be genuine new members that this will not apply to and i apologise now to them. What do the other members think? :-X
 8-)
DaveL

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Cynical git that i am....
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2007, 18:06:26 »

Been looking at recent posts on the for sale bits. Am i right in thinking that we are getting a lot of 'newbies' on here trying to off load parts for Megas cos' its free and they have no intention of carrying on with their membership after they have off loaded said items/car? :o :o

i know there will be genuine new members that this will not apply to and i apologise now to them. What do the other members think? :-X
 8-)
DaveL
There is a minimum post count of 50 required to sell cars, unless an admin overrides it.

No minimum post count for parts, personally I think its handy to have spares sellers here, although their 'reputation' may be unknown, so buyer beware
Grumpy old man

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2007, 18:07:01 »

I know where your coming from and have also thought this...however from a seller point of view I guess it may make sense to pitch your product at the right market.. :-/

I.e if i cant sell the Safrane id probably look for a renault forum...

Think they also need to accrue 50 posts to sell in the for sale section.
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2007, 19:19:18 »

I know where your coming from and have also thought this...however from a seller point of view I guess it may make sense to pitch your product at the right market.. :-/

12000 for a tech 2 :D

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2007, 20:15:45 »

i agree with that but i do not like people taking the pi**. Have seen items/cars posted by new members after pleas to the Admin... only to drop quickly off the radar once the item has gone. It just leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. >:(

DaveL

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2007, 21:13:52 »

i agree with that but i do not like people taking the pi**. Have seen items/cars posted by new members after pleas to the Admin... only to drop quickly off the radar once the item has gone. It just leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. >:(

DaveL
Thats a decision the Admins make on a case by case basis.  On the fact that they are selling their car, we accept its unlikely they will remain....   ....however, we may feel it is worth doing as it may be of interest to members here.
Grumpy old man

DaveL

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2007, 21:20:16 »

DaveL
Thats a decision the Admins make on a case by case basis.  On the fact that they are selling their car, we accept its unlikely they will remain....   ....however, we may feel it is worth doing as it may be of interest to members here.

i can see it is a very fine line but i still think there are some that will take advantage of the Admin's good nature.

miggy

« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2007, 21:21:22 »

8-)
DaveL

I dont think your cynical, you do have a point, but if the one offs can help us members get what we need for our miggys then great, I think they are providing us with a service if the price is right, ok it would be nice if they stayed.

:y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2007, 21:32:47 »

DaveL

i can see it is a very fine line but i still think there are some that will take advantage of the Admin's good nature.
Undoubtedly, but if we think that it may be of interest to members, we feel we should do it....  ....do you think we are wrong?  :-/

Remember, all 4 Admins/Mods are here to do the best for the forum and its members. We try to agree on such policies to provide a unified front, but if you feel our decisions are wrong, please let us know - all comments greatfully received and welcomed, good or bad :y
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #9 on: 07 June 2007, 21:46:28 »

DaveL

Undoubtedly, but if we think that it may be of interest to members, we feel we should do it....  ....do you think we are wrong?  :-/

Remember, all 4 Admins/Mods are here to do the best for the forum and its members. We try to agree on such policies to provide a unified front, but if you feel our decisions are wrong, please let us know - all comments greatfully received and welcomed, good or bad :y

When I tell you what I think you take my posts off me :(

miggy

« Reply #10 on: 07 June 2007, 21:49:36 »

DaveL

I dare you

;D ;D ;D

STMO123

« Reply #11 on: 07 June 2007, 21:51:28 »

You'd love it wouldn't you :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 June 2007, 21:53:01 »

DaveL

[smiley=evil.gif]
Grumpy old man

miggy

« Reply #13 on: 07 June 2007, 21:53:28 »

You'd love it wouldn't you :D

Go on, go on, go on,  Speak your mind, go for it, there most likely in a good mood as the Lakes are coming up.

STMO123

« Reply #14 on: 07 June 2007, 21:54:40 »

:-X
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.