Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maloo for me.....  (Read 1182 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Maloo for me.....
« on: 02 August 2009, 22:43:34 »

Well I just watched Top Gear and have to say I was totally overwhelmed by the Vauxhall ( Holden ) Maloo.
I thought visually it was absolutley stunning irrespective of its phenomenal performance.
There's been few occassions that after seeing a car ( Ute ) for the first time has made me lust after it but that happened tonight......
Here , for those that missed it,

http://www.thegmsource.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t1289.html
« Last Edit: 02 August 2009, 22:51:47 by olympia5776 »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Maroo for me.....
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2009, 22:59:23 »

I preferred the other car but its strange I can't really remember what it looked like apart from it had air intakes everywhere.

Clarkson was right when he said we are coming to the end of an era as far as muscle cars are concerned. I saw my first Prius the other day. Airport taxi. It took off silently on the level and then the "engine" cut in at about 30mph. They are going to have to fit them with a pretend engine noise - maybe a V8 Holden!   Now there is a market for someone to get into now. Instead of ringtones it would be engine tones! I'll have David Hepworths 4 wheel drive hill climb car on my leccy car.

El luz Varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2009, 23:44:44 »

They are going to have to fit them with a pretend engine noise - maybe a V8 Holden!   Now there is a market for someone to get into now. Instead of ringtones it would be engine tones!

They did try this a few years back - linked in to the stereo, and throttle - think it actually worked, made stuff like Corollas sound like 355s :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2009, 07:44:14 »

They are going to have to fit them with a pretend engine noise - maybe a V8 Holden!   Now there is a market for someone to get into now. Instead of ringtones it would be engine tones!

They did try this a few years back - linked in to the stereo, and throttle - think it actually worked, made stuff like Corollas sound like 355s :y

they did it one pimp my ride once, break off amp and speaker, and a control panel to choose your cars sound!

pointless but fun  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Maloo for me.....
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2009, 11:18:11 »

Might seem totally pointless now Jimbob but when cities ban petrol/diesel cars from within ever increasing in size congestion zones then customised sound for your leccy car will be very attractive. What is the address for Dragons Den! Wait a minute there will be laws introduced governing noise and derivation so it is maybe a non starter.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Maloo for me.....
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2009, 12:09:23 »

Might seem totally pointless now Jimbob but when cities ban petrol/diesel cars from within ever increasing in size congestion zones then customised sound for your leccy car will be very attractive. What is the address for Dragons Den! Wait a minute there will be laws introduced governing noise and derivation so it is maybe a non starter.

.....not as outlandish as you think El luz, the lack of sound at slow speed when running on the traction battery alone does cause problems every time I'm in the shopping centre car park - seriously :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.