Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MOT question  (Read 2095 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: MOT question
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2009, 23:28:26 »

Thanks!

Assuming it passed, you'd end up with a 13 month ticket from the date you took it in.

Not quite  the earliest you can take a car in to preserve the expiry date is 30 days before. Any earlier you lose the extra.
Lee

:-?  :-?  :-?
Exactly what I said. You take a car in for MOT that already has 2 months ticket & you end up with a 13 month MOT .... a year fro the MOT plus 1 of the months you took it early! = 13 months.  ;)

I would have to check, but I think these new MOT's give you a date that is the earliest you can take it in, ie a month before it is due..... :-/ :-/

It does, but that's so it will expire on same date as your existing MOT but for a year on. If your MOT has more than a month to go & you present your car for MOT you will end up with a 13 month ticket. That bit has never needed to change.

Sounds about right.. :y  Got another car for MOT at the end of the month, Master Vamps Saxo, and it needs taxing in November, good job he is the nice stepson..... :-X :-X :-X

steve-o2.5

• Fort William
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2009, 23:41:14 »

it's just over30 days before your current 1 expires that u can present 4 mot ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 October 2009, 00:00:42 »

Thanks!

Assuming it passed, you'd end up with a 13 month ticket from the date you took it in.

Not quite  the earliest you can take a car in to preserve the expiry date is 30 days before. Any earlier you lose the extra.
Lee

:-?  :-?  :-?
Exactly what I said. You take a car in for MOT that already has 2 months ticket & you end up with a 13 month MOT .... a year fro the MOT plus 1 of the months you took it early! = 13 months.  ;)

I would have to check, but I think these new MOT's give you a date that is the earliest you can take it in, ie a month before it is due..... :-/ :-/

It does, but that's so it will expire on same date as your existing MOT but for a year on. If your MOT has more than a month to go & you present your car for MOT you will end up with a 13 month ticket. That bit has never needed to change.

If you take it in more than a month early you'll get a 12 month ticket, exactly the same as it always should have been done but some stations used to bend the rules :y :y

Best bet is to take it no more than 1 complete calendar month and it'll preserve the expiry date :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 October 2009, 07:43:40 »

It's a Jag.

It's gonna fail...... ::) ::) ;D ;D  :y

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2009, 07:47:39 »

Yeah it's definitely going fail as it needs welding.  I just need to know how much work it's going to need. If it needs loads I'll have to get rid of it.

rob in gib

• Plymouth
    • Jaguar S type 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 October 2009, 22:47:28 »

under computerised mot an mot can be carried out at any time on a vehicle and if fails then the old mot is still valid .
if a vehicle is presented for  test within 1 month before old mot expires and meets current minimum standards then a new ticket is issued for a period of 12 months from the expiry date of old mot .
mot testing stations have no seizure powers to impound any vehicle regardless of condition .

and yes sometimes i wish they could when you fail a car with 3 illegal tyres 2 with steel showing just for the owner to say he has 3 weeks mot left so will get it done then leaves the building puts 2 kids in back of car then drives off in the rain >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Just chilling in the sun. I wish back in the rain like everybody else
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.