Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Members "Other Vehicles"  (Read 7494 times)

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
Re: Members "Other Cars"
« Reply #30 on: 11 January 2011, 22:48:36 »

There's the very non-standard MR2:

And there's the Nissan 300ZX twin turbo - sadly broken for .. quite some time.

Now that one I do like!  :y

I did very nearly get a 300ZX as it is a dream car of mine. Alas I went to a Jap show and the raw amount of electrics under the bonnet was terrifying for an older car. I could see big bills very quickly forthcoming.
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 January 2011, 22:54:14 »

These 3 machines jointly owned and maintained by me and my dad (I'll have to link to the 1st and 2nd pictures as i haven't formatted them for OOF.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz249/geoffr70/fire%20engine/Bedford8.jpg

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz249/geoffr70/fire%20engine/Commer12.jpg

I will be your bestest friend if you let me have a drive of the older ones..... :D :D :D

The first one is 28 years old!

The older ones (Commer and Bedford) will be coming out in the Summer. You need full C1 manual for the Bedford and Commer (and they have crash gearboxes), and C for the Dennis. Although if unlike me you passed your test before '98 you'll have C1.

Is that an offer?.... :y :y :y Passed my HGV in a 1963 Commer with a crash box, was a while ago now though.. :D

I don't see any reason why not, although not until the summer. The Bedford and Commer are parked up behind aload of stuff in a warehouse at the minute. We've got to put the rear hubs back on the Commer (full brake overhaul after I burst the brake pipe!), and the Bedford isn't insured at the minute. The Commer is 1952! The mirrors are about the size of vanity mirrors in sun shades!

I personally prefer driving the Dennis TBH, the noise is fantastic, you can hear every piston fire!

Sounds good to me.... :y I understand where you are coming from with the Dennis, but I personally lover older trucks and buses, guess it might be an age thing  ::) Only swmbo prevents me from having a green Godess.... ::) ::)

You should get yourself to the bus/truck and general old car rally at Seaburn every summer.

www.nebpt.co.uk

We'll probable be there, time permitting. My dad and me have three machines but only 2 of us can drive them - doh!!

The Bedford is a TJ, I think the Green Goddesses are TK (slightly bigger), but still have the same running gear and the same engine.

We were going to get a GG but at the time they were overpriced and they're very slow, The Bedford is fast around town if you use 2nd and 3rd, even with the crash box!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 January 2011, 22:58:41 »

as listed below ;D :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 January 2011, 23:10:28 »

These 3 machines jointly owned and maintained by me and my dad (I'll have to link to the 1st and 2nd pictures as i haven't formatted them for OOF.

I will be your bestest friend if you let me have a drive of the older ones..... :D :D :D

The older ones (Commer and Bedford) will be coming out in the Summer. You need full C1 manual for the Bedford and Commer (and they have crash gearboxes), and C for the Dennis. Although if unlike me you passed your test before '98 you'll have C1.

Is that an offer?.... :y :y :y Passed my HGV in a 1963 Commer with a crash box, was a while ago now though.. :D

I don't see any reason why not, although not until the summer. The Bedford and Commer are parked up behind aload of stuff in a warehouse at the minute. We've got to put the rear hubs back on the Commer (full brake overhaul after I burst the brake pipe!), and the Bedford isn't insured at the minute. The Commer is 1952! The mirrors are about the size of vanity mirrors in sun shades!

I personally prefer driving the Dennis TBH, the noise is fantastic, you can hear every piston fire!

Sounds good to me.... :y I understand where you are coming from with the Dennis, but I personally lover older trucks and buses, guess it might be an age thing  ::) Only swmbo prevents me from having a green Godess.... ::) ::)

You should get yourself to the bus/truck and general old car rally at Seaburn every summer.

www.nebpt.co.uk

We'll probable be there, time permitting. My dad and me have three machines but only 2 of us can drive them - doh!!
The Bedford is a TJ, I think the Green Goddesses are TK (slightly bigger), but still have the same running gear and the same engine.

We were going to get a GG but at the time they were overpriced and they're very slow, The Bedford is fast around town if you use 2nd and 3rd, even with the crash box!

May be I could help you out, trying to hide my excitement,..... :D :D :D

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 January 2011, 23:19:38 »

www.nebpt.co.uk

Exactly! We've even thought about doing the Tyne Tees run (massive convoy of old trucks and buses etc). It'd be good having all 3 machines doing it! I'll run it past my dad!

You'll have to wear a helmet though!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 January 2011, 23:21:00 »

1966 Dagenham dustbin. Still solid, hardly any welding done or needed, 78k, alternater neg earth & spin on oil filter conversions otherwise as pretty as she looks.
     Always loved my 'Tinas & keeping this one. 8-)
:y
Curry makes the world go round!

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 January 2011, 23:29:17 »

1966 Dagenham dustbin. Still solid, hardly any welding done or needed, 78k, alternater neg earth & spin on oil filter conversions otherwise as pretty as she looks.
     Always loved my 'Tinas & keeping this one. 8-)
:y

And a lovely car to..... :y :y

albitz

« Reply #37 on: 11 January 2011, 23:35:21 »

Quite a few of us have more than one car.

So just thought it might be worh having a mention about some of them.

Chris H on his Avatar has a Triupth Sprint RS for example, never heard of the "RS" before, whats that then?
What little gems have others got tucked away.
A two wheeled Triumph if my memory serves. :y

Chris - your blade is only out of date in the eyes of the biking fashionistas. Its a georgeous bike and Im sure plenty quick enough to put the adrenal glands into overdrive on any circuit you want to ride it on. It could only be out of date if you were racing proper against new machinery, but imo this whole bike mag thing about having to have the new model blade/R1/gixer or whatever is for one purpose only - to help the bike industry to stay in the black. ;)

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 January 2011, 23:40:17 »

www.nebpt.co.uk

Exactly! We've even thought about doing the Tyne Tees run (massive convoy of old trucks and buses etc). It'd be good having all 3 machines doing it! I'll run it past my dad!

Weekend time I can find, wearing a helmet I can live with... :y I have some practical experience, but not at the level you are at...... :)

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 January 2011, 01:18:01 »

www.nebpt.co.uk

Weekend time I can find, wearing a helmet I can live with... :y I have some practical experience, but not at the level you are at...... :)

I'm only kidding about the helmet!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.

mrjimbo

• Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 January 2011, 04:29:58 »

Heres my other car, sadly don't get to use it too often these days. Used mainly for sprinting and the occasional hillclimb.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 January 2011, 05:56:49 »

Heres my other car, sadly don't get to use it too often these days. Used mainly for sprinting and the occasional hillclimb.

now thats absolutley stonking!!! specs please!! :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 January 2011, 07:12:10 »

Come on Mark, post your 'trump card' of a pic of your other vehicle  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 January 2011, 08:23:54 »

In order of hp

1959 Fordson Dexta Tractor (38 bhp)
2010 Astra 1.6 SE (115bhp)
2008 Zafira 1.9 CDTi Elite (150bhp)
2001 Omega 2.5 V6 Cdx Manual (soon to be sold sadly) (168bhp)
1959 Class 108 DMU (600bhp) - My latest aquisition
1966 Class 47 Loco (2500bhp - would be higher but the peek revs have been lowered)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 January 2011, 08:27:20 »

The latest addition is one of these (dont have any pics yet)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.