Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Safety  (Read 3153 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Safety
« Reply #30 on: 01 September 2011, 22:41:05 »

thanks Aaronjb.. thats what I meant :y

:y

I can't remember, for the life of me, what the medical term is for the aorta becoming detached.. aortic dissection? Anyway.. gruesome subject - enough of that, I reckon or Kate will never drive again!

Heart fubar is close enough :D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

albitz

« Reply #31 on: 01 September 2011, 22:43:04 »

And the poor woman wasnt wearing a seatbelt. She was also speaking to her husband on her phone just before she crashed. Apparently he told her to get off the phone and concentrate on driving. :(
The rupturing of the arteries to the heart was what killed Princess Diana - who also wasnt wearing a seatbelt.The only person in the car that night who was wearing a belt was the only survivor of the crash. ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #32 on: 03 September 2011, 07:20:58 »

Relatively speaking, built like brick shytehouses. Mine has survived an Insignia being wrapped around the back end-Tailgate,wing and bumper, a deer at speed-bonnet and headlight, a Ford Kuga parking on the front bumper - another bonnet and bumper, and a lorry- new slam panel and bonnet etc. ::)

Martin_1962

« Reply #33 on: 03 September 2011, 15:48:39 »

Ermm

1 x 2.0 GLS hit on both sides, I was fine, Omega written off both other cars written off.

1 x MV6, rolled due to oil on road, no injuries but nearly fell over on the oil patch, car written off.

1 x CD 2.6 low speed into gate - sun dazzle - bumper bonnet & wing to fix, rest of car perfet

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 September 2011, 16:35:07 »

No car does very well in a heavy, fast impact. Doesn't matter how big/heavy/strong/well designed it is.
And the bit that comes off worst is the squidgy thing behind the steering wheel.

Debs.

« Reply #35 on: 03 September 2011, 17:02:58 »

Not at all sure about the purported 'safety' of being in any vehicle impacting anything else whilst traveling at speed.......

......I`ve lost two dear-friends to multiple blunt-force trauma; one in a homebuilt plane, the other in a car. :'(

This is the reason I always depart early on any journey and don`t drive fast......life REALLY is too short!  :-*

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 September 2011, 20:55:05 »

Look at the state of it:

was hit by a skoda ,wonder if its anyone we know.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 September 2011, 14:48:24 »

The most dangerous thing we all do is travelling around. :o

It used to be about 1 in 200 people killed in the UK during their lifetime doing this, with safety improvements it is now about 1 in 400.  ::)

In other countries it is far worse. In Ukraine it is about 1 in 100 and they have a fraction of the number of vehicles we have and therefore total annual mileage is much less.  :D This is one of the reasons there are on 85 men to 100 women in Ukraine.  ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #38 on: 06 September 2011, 15:13:29 »

nowadays here the population is increasing enormously.. so imo car producers must weaken the cars chasis a bit, in order to control ......   ;D ;D

and increase the speed limits twice.. >:(
« Last Edit: 06 September 2011, 15:15:00 by cem_devecioglu »

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 September 2011, 16:50:59 »

Just as effective is the 'Indian' driving system. Where they believe that if today is your destined day to die then you will regardless, if not then no harm will come if overtake towards oncoming vehicles, on blind bends and over the crest of hill etc....  ::)

The outcome, the highest death rate on roads in the world  :o :D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 September 2011, 10:03:01 »

The standard of driving around here in West London is really really bad.  My mig has only been getting about 20mpg, driven carefully, but I still wouldn't change it for a small car.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.