Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Peugeot 206  (Read 1741 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Peugeot 206
« on: 14 September 2011, 21:00:02 »

Does anyone know if there's manual adjustment on the clutch cable of a Peugeot 206? The young lad across the road has just had a new clutch fitted in his car because he's had problems & the garage he took it to said a new clutch was needed (they would wouldn't they  ::) ::)) When cold, he's having problems engaging 1st & 2nd gear (it's 'grinding'), which suggests to me the clutch itself isn't quite disengaging. There was minimal free play in the cable though before the actuating arm seemed to move, but I couldn't see an obvious means of adjustment.
The garage of course have fobbed him off with an excuse that there 'is play in the gear change linkage'  :-X :-X
« Last Edit: 14 September 2011, 21:01:36 by Andy_B »

cem_devecioglu

Re: Peugeot 206
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2011, 21:06:56 »

tell him to sell and buy a clit ;D :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2011, 21:16:46 »

Does anyone know if there's manual adjustment on the clutch cable of a Peugeot 206? The young lad across the road has just had a new clutch fitted in his car because he's had problems & the garage he took it to said a new clutch was needed (they would wouldn't they  ::) ::)) When cold, he's having problems engaging 1st & 2nd gear (it's 'grinding'), which suggests to me the clutch itself isn't quite disengaging. There was minimal free play in the cable though before the actuating arm seemed to move, but I couldn't see an obvious means of adjustment.
The garage of course have fobbed him off with an excuse that there 'is play in the gear change linkage'  :-X :-X
Any good :-/
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206/206/info/gb/b2be02k3.htm
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2011, 21:53:12 »

Any good :-/
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206/206/info/gb/b2be02k3.htm

Thanks Rob  :y
It shows that you should have about 5mm play at the clutch arm ........ it was about that. It'll probably 'ride in with wear'  ;D ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2011, 21:54:16 »

I'll tell him.  ;D ;D ;D ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 14 September 2011, 22:31:40 »

I'll tell him.  ;D ;D ;D ;)

seriously, although the last 3 years of pegueot production is not that bad (as far as I know- can be different for some) before that time a 8-9 years of period pegueots failure  was  so common that here was an internet site run by owners that have many open cases against pegueot.. and those cars in second hand was very hard to sell.. but still when buyers hear this name they stay away..  clit however, is known to be a better car (my experience also approves the same)  and their second hands expensive and easy to sell here..

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2011, 08:00:46 »

Interesting that as I would not touch a Renault witha  shitty stick and would back the Peugeot.

As for the difficulty when cold, gearbox oil would be worth a check and a change (as if it was clutch I would expect it to be an issue no matter what the temperature)

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2011, 08:07:29 »

Interesting that as I would not touch a Renault witha  shitty stick and would back the Peugeot.

As for the difficulty when cold, gearbox oil would be worth a check and a change (as if it was clutch I would expect it to be an issue no matter what the temperature)

Nor would I. :y

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2011, 08:37:23 »

When SWMBO passed her test not so long back, I got her an old 3 dr clit, wow, what a car. It was quick, no problems and served her well.

She then spotted a nearly new Pug 206, a little while later it was sat on the drive. Thats when the fun started and the bank balance went beyond zero.

Indicator switch failed - £75+ VAT, not the arm but a bloody switch.
The g/box then started to play up, £1000+ for a g/box plus labour!

Told SWMBO to sell it before I used it to keep us warm on the patio  ;D ;D

Pugs - Not for me  >:(
« Last Edit: 15 September 2011, 08:37:55 by blackviper90210 »
AKA - Mr Bracket

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2011, 09:30:10 »

I touched one with a Volvo once. It made a bit of a mess. :-[
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2011, 09:53:01 »

Me neither ,Peugeot all the way,I find small Renaults very fragile both mechanically and electrically :-/
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2011, 11:26:20 »

As for the difficulty when cold, gearbox oil would be worth a check and a change
Good idea, although that might sound as i I'm volunteering to do it for him  ;D ;D

(as if it was clutch I would expect it to be an issue no matter what the temperature)
Me too. The clutch action was nice & smooth when I had a quick drive up & down the street (engine warm/hot).

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2011, 12:02:40 »

my gearbox (clit) probably has the worst life between many cars (as my wife and I also abuse it) , and never ever let me down.. and also have no noise.. :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2011, 12:04:03 »

When SWMBO passed her test not so long back, I got her an old 3 dr clit, wow, what a car. It was quick, no problems and served her well.

She then spotted a nearly new Pug 206, a little while later it was sat on the drive. Thats when the fun started and the bank balance went beyond zero.
Indicator switch failed - £75+ VAT, not the arm but a bloody switch.
The g/box then started to play up, £1000+ for a g/box plus labour!

Told SWMBO to sell it before I used it to keep us warm on the patio  ;D ;D

Pugs - Not for me  >:(

I hope anti-clit group will hear this ;D :D :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2011, 12:08:37 »

I touched one with a Volvo once. It made a bit of a mess. :-[

probably you are talking about a Laguna Kevin.. one friend had the new model, and for sometime only changed regular service items..but older model was not that innocent..
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.