Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: British Leyland............  (Read 8860 times)

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
Re: British Leyland............
« Reply #30 on: 13 September 2011, 22:11:20 »

It sounds like I'm alone on this one, but I always thought (and still do) that the Dolly Sprint was a really good looking car! I remember back in the early 90's, a guy where I used to work had a blue one with a straight through exhaust and a full roll cage! He used to drive everywhere flat out, and you could here him coming from miles away! He used to drive the onsite traffic wombles crazy!!  ;D :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 September 2011, 22:18:04 »

Was it the Maserati version  :y :y

Maserati engined cars were the SM  :y :y

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-SM-EFI-1972-/130573440746?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e66c896ea#ht_720wt_1139 I've only ever seen a hand full of them, & most, surprisingly enough were in France  ;) ;)

albitz

« Reply #32 on: 13 September 2011, 22:24:02 »

It sounds like I'm alone on this one, but I always thought (and still do) that the Dolly Sprint was a really good looking car! I remember back in the early 90's, a guy where I used to work had a blue one with a straight through exhaust and a full roll cage! He used to drive everywhere flat out, and you could here him coming from miles away! He used to drive the onsite traffic wombles crazy!!  ;D :y

When I were a teenager in Belfast and had just got my Chevette HS, a bloke nearby had an ex works Dolly sprint which he rallied. He had all the talk about how many hundreds of BHP it had, and how it would eat my car ailve,blah,blah.....
We had a race around the local back roads for about 10 miles. I had finished smoking an Embassy Regal king size while I waited for him to turn up at the finish point (his lock up).
He didnt change any of his claims, he just decided I was too mental to be allowed on public roads. ::) :D ;D ;D ;D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 September 2011, 22:25:44 »

Maserati engined cars were the SM  :y :y

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-SM-EFI-1972-/130573440746?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e66c896ea#ht_720wt_1139 I've only ever seen a hand full of them, & most, surprisingly enough were in France  ;) ;)

I've only ever seen one and Burt Reynolds was driving it in a film, hence my ignorance of Citroens.  ;D ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 September 2011, 22:30:40 »

When I were a teenager in Belfast and had just got my Chevette HS, a bloke nearby had an ex works Dolly sprint which he rallied. He had all the talk about how many hundreds of BHP it had, and how it would eat my car ailve,blah,blah.....
We had a race around the local back roads for about 10 miles. I had finished smoking an Embassy Regal king size while I waited for him to turn up at the finish point (his lock up).
He didnt change any of his claims, he just decided I was too mental to be allowed on public roads. ::) :D ;D ;D ;D

and are you?  :-/ :-/ :-/ ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 13 September 2011, 22:34:38 »

P.S. Who else thinks TBs parents were rich? ;)
Far from, sadly. They would have been had they not had so many bloody kids ;D

;D ;D

Speaking of Dolly Sprints - I saw one at the weekend.. brown, only slightly rusty (amazing!), towbar fitted and being driven by two blokes who looked about 22.. I expected grey hair and a cloth cap when I got level, but no, surfer dudes in shades  ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 September 2011, 22:51:19 »

P.S. Who else thinks TBs parents were rich? ;)
Far from, sadly. They would have been had they not had so many bloody kids ;D

;D ;D

Speaking of Dolly Sprints - I saw one at the weekend.. brown, only slightly rusty (amazing!), towbar fitted and being driven by two blokes who looked about 22.. I expected grey hair and a cloth cap when I got level, but no, surfer dudes in shades  ;D

surfer dudes seem to like retro. like those hideous and overpriced VW campers!!!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

albitz

« Reply #37 on: 13 September 2011, 22:54:33 »

and are you?  :-/ :-/ :-/ ;D ;D ;D

Not now, but then........... ::) :-X

aaronjb

« Reply #38 on: 13 September 2011, 23:04:19 »

surfer dudes seem to like retro. like those hideous and overpriced VW campers!!!

Now, see.. I'd really quite like a well sorted VW bus  :-[

Although .. it might have to be this one: http://www.race-taxi.ch/indexx.htm

(VW Camper with all the running gear from a Porsche 911 993 turbo..)

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13 September 2011, 23:23:57 »

Now, see.. I'd really quite like a well sorted VW bus  :-[

Although .. it might have to be this one: http://www.race-taxi.ch/indexx.htm

(VW Camper with all the running gear from a Porsche 911 993 turbo..)
Ah man, I'd give my right arm for an early split-screen bus. I don't care how crap they are, they're just the height of cool  8-)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 September 2011, 23:43:23 »

the marina..........

and the austin ambassador........

i swear i'm not being sarcastic. i think they're good looking cars. better than that 80's hatrchback volvo... whatever that was called  :-?

Bloody hell,that's quite scary,I've owned both of them in my past.Actually the Ambassador was a comfy old barge which handled like an old barge :-/
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Osprey

• Redhill, Surrey
  • Drink up. The world's about to end.
    • 01 2.6 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 September 2011, 23:46:51 »

A comfy old barge that could also make you seasick with its rocking, particularly when using the handbrake on a hill. 
 :)
I feel like a military academy. Bits of me keep passing out.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 September 2011, 23:54:59 »

A comfy old barge that could also make you seasick with its rocking, particularly when using the handbrake on a hill. 

Lol,even worse when the rubber rear suspension check straps were knackered ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 September 2011, 23:58:59 »

Lol,even worse when the rubber rear suspension check straps were knackered ;D

i did see the SD1 in the BL review trying to park in neutral with just the handbrake on, on a 1 in 3 hill on the TG review.....

before it even made it to the top it started wheel spinning and created a huuuuge cloud of smoke  :o :o :o :o
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Martin_1962

« Reply #44 on: 14 September 2011, 00:06:04 »

my mum and dad had this in the 80's..............
My dad, in the 1970s, had a Citroen DS Safari

That was the SM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.