Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: British Leyland............  (Read 8825 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: British Leyland............
« Reply #75 on: 17 September 2011, 15:51:06 »

I have a thing for them,  ..... ive had many allegros, vdp1500s, austin 1100s, princess's metros marinas pretty much the whole line up.

I'm not sure if you deserve a medal or need committing to an asylum?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #76 on: 17 September 2011, 17:34:01 »

I have a thing for them,  ..... ive had many allegros, vdp1500s, austin 1100s, princess's metros marinas pretty much the whole line up.

I'm not sure if you deserve a medal or need committing to an asylum?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've already put in a call to the men in white coats.. although I called them about Guy and his ancient Ford fetish and they've clearly not turned up yet since he's looking at another one..  ;D

PxMetro

• Stamford
  • Maryland Cookies are brilliant for dunking
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 17 September 2011, 19:54:40 »

The Marina was a wonderful car. Beautifully built.......and it handled better than a Lotus... :)
;D ;D ;D You know how to tell em!

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 18 September 2011, 00:16:40 »

I've already put in a call to the men in white coats.. although I called them about Guy and his ancient Ford fetish and they've clearly not turned up yet since he's looking at another one..  ;D

the doctors said i was insane....but they are all dead now whahahahahaahhaah   

*dons silver foil helmet to stop cia taking thoughts

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 18 September 2011, 00:20:49 »

the doctors said i was insane....but they are all dead now whahahahahaahhaah   

*dons silver foil helmet to stop cia taking thoughts

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 19 September 2011, 09:55:53 »

I find this discussion very entertaining as an owner of a BL 1500 Spitfire.  I'm under no illusions, the thing rusts away in front of your eyes and has loads of weird quirks.  It's 33 years old so is probably better built now than when it left the factory.  But for me, this is the fascination - all of the cars mentioned here are cult cars (allegros, marinas, SD-1's etc) and the fact that they are so badly designed, awful to look at and dreadfully put together makes them interesting.  A big part of our motoring heritage.

Driving a reliable, well built and designed car is boring.

And despite what my elder sibling may say, I'd love to have an SD-1 on my drive for this very reason.... :y

You missed out on all the evenings and weekends of helping Dad repair some of the UK's finest built motors in order to bring in a few quid. I also recall 2 VERY cold evenings ina  shed near the railway sattion doing the brake pipes on a Dolomite (I had to be there to pump the dam brakes!)

It has to be said that the weidest was the Renault five with a knackered timing chain which required the engine to be removed to replace  :o

aaronjb

« Reply #81 on: 19 September 2011, 10:45:17 »

It has to be said that the weidest was the Renault five with a knackered timing chain which required the engine to be removed to replace  :o

I have a soft spot for Renault 5's - t'was my first 'quick' modified car (a later GT Turbo, of course). Chavtastic, but a lot of fun.

Apart from the drive to Silverstone with the heater on full in the middle of summer to stop it boiling over..  ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 19 September 2011, 11:00:13 »

I find this discussion very entertaining as an owner of a BL 1500 Spitfire.  I'm under no illusions, the thing rusts away in front of your eyes and has loads of weird quirks.  It's 33 years old so is probably better built now than when it left the factory.  But for me, this is the fascination - all of the cars mentioned here are cult cars (allegros, marinas, SD-1's etc) and the fact that they are so badly designed, awful to look at and dreadfully put together makes them interesting.  A big part of our motoring heritage.

Driving a reliable, well built and designed car is boring.

And despite what my elder sibling may say, I'd love to have an SD-1 on my drive for this very reason.... :y

You missed out on all the evenings and weekends of helping Dad repair some of the UK's finest built motors in order to bring in a few quid. I also recall 2 VERY cold evenings ina  shed near the railway sattion doing the brake pipes on a Dolomite (I had to be there to pump the dam brakes!)

they were certainly weird with the gearbox out front behind the bumper :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.