Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143374 times)

Guinney1971

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottinghamshire
    • Renault Grand Scenic
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #4215 on: 18 January 2013, 12:57:43 »

picked mine up from the garage this morning, and marvelled at how quiet it is now with an exhaust that doesn't resemble a tea bag  ;D

Car now under cover.... which is now under snow.

Claire
Claire & Phill
Renault Grand Scenic 'Maxim' 1.9dCi 120

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: 18 January 2013, 16:24:05 »

Hmm. 8mm tread on the front and 2mm on the rear makes snow "interesting".  ;D

And good fun once you remember and are expecting it ::)

Still managed to get home last night in the bad weather and SWMBO into work this morning, including going the back way (un-treated) to avoid the muppets who have to do 5mph because there's slush on the white line >:( >:(

Yep, back end was a bit wayward but at least the front had plenty of authority to correct it. :y

Learnt that one (again). Sat in traffic jam for 30 minutes towards motorway junction at Fleet. Got about a mile up the road. Filled up LPG and petrol, turned round, hit the lanes and was back home with a grin on my face before most of the other traffic got onto the motorway, I reckon.

Some shocking driving on display, as usual, including by a double decker bus who stopped on a hill with a stream of cars behind him (not at a bus stop, I hasten to add), let off all the passengers then displayed "not in service" before eventually pulling away leaving everyone behind him stuck. Passed about 4 more buses, all making headway with no problems, yet "not in service". Obviously the retard in the hi-vis jacket decided that due to "elf and safety" it was better to dump passengers at the roadside than risk carrying them in a perfectly safe bus. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: 18 January 2013, 16:27:23 »

Drove it a little tentatively until I got rid of those Auto(NO)grips! ::)

Much happier now :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #4218 on: 18 January 2013, 16:54:44 »

8)

Woke up to this

Which is nice :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: 18 January 2013, 17:06:31 »

replaced passenger side dipped bulb, done inside 3 mins. Glad it was that side, loads of space! Also glad I have an Omega as its nice easy job unlike modern cars.

Sods law it goes in a big cold snap!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: 18 January 2013, 17:07:57 »

Should add as it was needed urgently, needed to use Halfrauds. Trade card to rescue again, £14.99 down to £3.99!  :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: 18 January 2013, 17:09:57 »

Should add as it was needed urgently, needed to use Halfrauds. Trade card to rescue again, £14.99 down to £3.99!  :D

Hope it wasn't a Halfrauds bulb.

Replaced my number plate the day before my MOT. Failed the MOT next day. >:( Bulb interior had gone all milky. Has anybody told them they need to remove the air? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: 18 January 2013, 17:17:18 »

Hope it wasn't a Halfrauds bulb.

Replaced my number plate the day before my MOT. Failed the MOT next day. >:( Bulb interior had gone all milky. Has anybody told them they need to remove the air? ::)

::) ::) ::)  :-X :-X :-X

Errrr, d'oh.

Did not want anything more, as I was planning to get a fresh decent pair on my return. Also did not want to use one from my set for euroland.

Hopefully lasts longer than a day!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: 18 January 2013, 17:22:24 »

I don't often have trouble with hellfrauds bulbs, TBH :)

Knocked the snow off the bullet, as I may need it this evening or tomorrow morning. TBE is pretty much buried, and if this turns to ice, will be stuck for a day or 2.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: 18 January 2013, 17:43:50 »

Knocked the snow off the bullet, as I may need it this evening or tomorrow morning. TBE is pretty much buried, and if this turns to ice, will be stuck for a day or 2.

Too late, it already has.  :o :o  Just did Kidlington to Thame down A40, slush is turning to ice and is getting quite lethal. Trouble is, roads look ok but traction control light warns that all is not as innocent as it seems.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

aaronjb

« Reply #4225 on: 18 January 2013, 19:22:10 »

Parked it on a grass verge to let a middle aged woman and her 10y/o son use it as a refuge after she'd stuck her Citroen C1 econobox into a ditch (apparently doing a nice 720 in the process) on 'black ice' (otherwise known as a slippy corner that everyone was taking far too fast, including the MINI who nearly arrived at the scene of the accident) while me and a couple of lads in a Defender pulled another fellas car out of the same ditch (complete with his 3y/o daughter in it) where he'd ended up after avoiding her, then (literally) picked her car up by hand between us and lifted it off the telegraph pole guy wire and road sign she'd parked it on..

Credit to the lads in the Defender, they couldn't have been much more than 20 and they stopped to help two total strangers.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: 18 January 2013, 19:24:15 »

Too late, it already has.  :o :o  Just did Kidlington to Thame down A40, slush is turning to ice and is getting quite lethal. Trouble is, roads look ok but traction control light warns that all is not as innocent as it seems.  :y

What is this Traction Control you speak of? DTi doesn't have it!.... Mind you the ABS got mighty confused earlier when all four wheels where doing something different to each other around an island... Still it's nice to have a different orange lamp illuminated! V6 currently under a few inches of snow, looks quite artistic when no-one has touched it!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: 18 January 2013, 19:25:52 »

Credit to the lads in the Defender, they couldn't have been much more than 20 and they stopped to help two total strangers.
Aye, restores your faith a little :y
Grumpy old man

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: 18 January 2013, 19:26:51 »

Parked it on a grass verge to let a middle aged woman and her 10y/o son use it as a refuge after she'd stuck her Citroen C1 econobox into a ditch (apparently doing a nice 720 in the process) on 'black ice' (otherwise known as a slippy corner that everyone was taking far too fast, including the MINI who nearly arrived at the scene of the accident) while me and a couple of lads in a Defender pulled another fellas car out of the same ditch (complete with his 3y/o daughter in it) where he'd ended up after avoiding her, then (literally) picked her car up by hand between us and lifted it off the telegraph pole guy wire and road sign she'd parked it on..

You're brave!!  :o  Remember the woman a couple of weeks back who did this, only to have them complain of neck pain when the fire brigade turned up, so they cut her roof off!!
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: 18 January 2013, 19:40:49 »

put my new clear side repeaters on look much better and went shopping only to hear a bad knocking over every little bump. I think it's my wishbone finally giving up but going out with a song and dance :)

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.