Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Am The Camber King  (Read 823 times)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
I Am The Camber King
« on: 13 July 2007, 16:34:20 »

Well Or a Lucky Guess More like

Replaced the other Side Top Mount this morning and had to guess the Camber To get it back setup to go over and See  Tony at WIM so I decided that the other side needed  adjusting alittle from replacing the top mount on the other side last sunday.

Tony Thought it would be miles out as did I and Nope it was Spot On What A Fluke for doing both sides of the Camber and getting them Spot On.
Cant Say Much about guessing the tracking Cough Cough As It was Miles out I think Tony said by 2 cm and I measured them against the Old Ones Oh Well. Even Tony was impressed By My Cambering Skills (Lucky Guess's)

So Saved Myself Some Money On Guessing The Camber
Thanks tony For Doing the Full Set Up (Top Man)

New Tires on also so they are all 225 55/R16 now and the Guy Who Fitted Them Was Great Spinned the Rims on their own to see if they were Warped which they were not and Balanced them Right. And span the wheel for more than 2 turns like i have had done at anothr place

I still Have The Knock Boooo and Alittle Vibration Guessing its From that damn Steering Box But I am going To Live With It for Now might have a try and track it down at a meet when ever the next one is

« Last Edit: 13 July 2007, 16:54:21 by CraigR »
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Re: I Am The Camber King
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2007, 20:24:07 »

Well done Craig - top tinkering :y

(I hate a lonely thread) :-/
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2007, 20:37:12 »

Well done m8  :y

Im going to get a 4 wheel alignment done on mine next week, put 2 new front tyres on this week....the ones that came off had 4mm of tread left in the middle to outside....the inside 10-12% were so scrubbed they were smooth and by the looks of it would have been thro to the steel shortly  :o

The backs are scrubbing on the inside too but not as bad as the fronts.

Gonna put two new rears on as well next week, then get the alignment done.

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2007, 22:52:19 »

That worked well :y

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2007, 22:57:17 »

Excellent  ;) 8-)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2007, 07:27:08 »

Put a pair of wishbones on mine 4k ago, also NEW P7's, didn't get the track or camber done straight away, tyres are now Donald Ducked...  Had my Meega Optiflexed yesterday (4Wheel aligned) at my local VX body shop...  the total was 11mm toe out on front, camber was almost OK... I'm really p155ed off about the tyres though.. My fault!!!!!
Do it right, do it once................

stevief

• Aberdeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2007, 12:42:13 »

Well Or a Lucky Guess More like

Replaced the other Side Top Mount this morning and had to guess the Camber To get it back setup to go over and See  Tony at WIM so I decided that the other side needed  adjusting alittle from replacing the top mount on the other side last sunday.

Glad you have someone that you have confidence in using. When I changed the springs the other week I pulled the hub carrier over to give as much positive as I could with the view that at least they guy checking the camber will be working inwards but was told that the camber was fine on both sides. Now watching the tread with an increasing feeling of paranoia as none of the alignment places here give readouts.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.