Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Ever Omega  (Read 12813 times)

Not A Salmon

• Kent, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Last Ever Omega
« Reply #30 on: 19 October 2007, 19:44:25 »

The Met have loads of 3.2 omegas, because they were being replaced by BMW 530TD's (auto) which weren't as good, and there were a few C class mercedes (again 3.0ltr diesels) coming in, which were not as good either! Now it's all new shape vectras which aren't very popular at all, especially as they're front wheel drive.
I've asked a few of the older police drivers in the met what they preferred and it was unanimous- the 3.0ltr Senators.  ;D A very good car  :y
I miss my Lotus Carlton :-(

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 October 2007, 17:01:53 »

yeah i like the 3.0 senaters, never had one but they have a good reputation!
Jamie
 :) ;) 8-) :y
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

robby30

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 October 2007, 00:21:22 »

when you said it took 5 minutes to get passed you (no exxageration), was it going really slow because normally omega's can be very fast! A 3.2 litre can go about 150mph (149 mph to be excact), the 3.0 litre manual goes 151 mph
Jamie

8-) :) ;) ::)

Bugger... I can only get mine up to 150 MPH, I definitely want a refund now  ::)
Maybe if you went for a little bit longer it would of reached 151mph.

you should try the proper 3.2 with a manual gearbox it will pass the 150 mark with ease given a long enough bit of tarmac. apparently ::)
only two left on the force now. >:(
any one know what the replacement to the omega is suppost to be or is it just a rumour designed to keep us long suffering plod happy for another year

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 October 2007, 14:52:34 »

when you said it took 5 minutes to get passed you (no exxageration), was it going really slow because normally omega's can be very fast! A 3.2 litre can go about 150mph (149 mph to be excact), the 3.0 litre manual goes 151 mph
Jamie

Bugger... I can only get mine up to 150 MPH, I definitely want a refund now  ::)

you should try the proper 3.2 with a manual gearbox it will pass the 150 mark with ease given a long enough bit of tarmac. apparently ::)
any one know what the replacement to the omega is suppost to be or is it just a rumour designed to keep us long suffering plod happy for another year
Long suffering plod! Yeah right!

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #34 on: 25 October 2007, 17:09:47 »

I say 3 Police Omega's today on the A40 around oxfordshire all 03 plates, 1 saloon & 2 estate's full battenburg the saloon was making someone's day when I passed ;D ;D
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 October 2007, 18:07:03 »

Jamie

Do you get the option of buying them (quiet word in someones ear>), or do you have to hope it goes to auction and you can bid?

Actually... would you want an ex-plod one yourself?  ::)
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 October 2007, 18:29:01 »

I wouldnt because after seeing some pictures, they look damaged but saying that, i have seen an estate ex police car that he has restored so it looks brand new.
Good Job!
Thanks,
Jamie
« Last Edit: 26 October 2007, 14:08:17 by jimbob789 »
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 October 2007, 18:49:31 »

Jamie

i'm guessing the Veccy 3.2 V6

since you're a plod, pay regular visits to the Legal Questions thread now and again, it's been made for people who need to ask those that are in the know.. ie plod :y
« Last Edit: 25 October 2007, 18:52:20 by D4NNY »

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 October 2007, 08:41:40 »

On the way home last night seen an 53 plate police car near Burton on Trent.    
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 October 2007, 11:58:22 »

On the way home last night seen an 53 plate police car near Burton on Trent.    

I hope you pulled him over and plastered the car with OOF flyers!

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 October 2007, 12:41:20 »

Hi VXL

Would have but he looked busy. I have seen it for the past 3 day so next time i will be readly for him.  :y.

ps how,s it going it the light?.  
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 October 2007, 13:16:45 »

...you should try the proper 3.2 with a manual gearbox it will pass the 150 mark with ease given a long enough bit of tarmac...

And so does my 3.0 Auto, very easily in fact, verified by GPS. Eh.....Apparently.  ;)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 November 2007, 16:28:46 »

just saw a white Ex-police car in the Asda car park, it was an 04 reg, it was hanging!!!!
Jamie

robby30

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 November 2007, 22:40:16 »

Jamie

Do you get the option of buying them (quiet word in someones ear>), or do you have to hope it goes to auction and you can bid?

i have got one it was my car before she was put out to pasture, an 03 plate 3.2 manual with 130k on it, not quite a minter in the looks department but the important bits are fine only cost just over £1600 including auction fees. its a bit sad but i am quite attached to her  

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 November 2007, 16:56:22 »

Jamie

i have got one it was my car before she was put out to pasture, an 03 plate 3.2 manual with 130k on it, not quite a minter in the looks department but the important bits are fine only cost just over £1600 including auction fees. its a bit sad but i am quite attached to her  

how fast does the 3.2 manual go. is it faster than a 3.2 automatic because manuals are always faster.
Jamie
« Last Edit: 09 November 2007, 16:57:02 by jimbob789 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.