Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Just a few parts for sale.  (Read 1356 times)

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
Re: Just a few parts for sale.
« on: 23 February 2010, 17:22:07 »

You have PM
To do: Replace brake discs and pads; adjust already replaced shoes; check for leaks in oil cooler, cambelt area, crank seals, sump, dipstick; replace osf door; replace a tyre; clean, MOT.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2010, 19:07:45 »

If you are puting up a post in this section then it is you who is selling, not A.N.Other.  The postcount limit is there for a reason, and most particularly for selling.   :y 

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2010, 19:19:27 »

Then it should state that in forum guidlines. And should read;

No posting up threads for other membes under the post count threshold in parts for sale or wanted.
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2010, 19:22:14 »

Then it should state that in forum guidlines. And should read;

No posting up threads for other membes under the post count threshold in parts for sale or wanted.

Why? Posting for someone else is obvioulsy bending the rules! I wouldn't have thought to do so.  :-?

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2010, 19:25:19 »

How can it be bending the rule if its not a rule? As stated in the guidlines No posting in the wrong area to overcome post counts.

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2010, 19:36:14 »

I have red the forum guidlines in this section, and I would be grateful if someone could highlight the part where it states no posting in the for sale section for others with low post counts:

Posting in For Sale sections
Absolutely no links to your Ebay auctions, or Ebay auction numbers.

No posting for sale items in the 'wrong' areas to get around the postcount limits.

Currently, need to be a Junior Member (over 50 posts) to advertise your car, and an Intermediate Member (over 250 posts) to advertise parts.

If you are a buyer, please ensure you are happy and confident with the seller before parting with money.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2010, 19:52:20 »

I have red the forum guidlines in this section, and I would be grateful if someone could highlight the part where it states no posting in the for sale section for others with low post counts:

Posting in For Sale sections
Absolutely no links to your Ebay auctions, or Ebay auction numbers.

No posting for sale items in the 'wrong' areas to get around the postcount limits.

Currently, need to be a Junior Member (over 50 posts) to advertise your car, and an Intermediate Member (over 250 posts) to advertise parts.

If you are a buyer, please ensure you are happy and confident with the seller before parting with money.

If you want to be pedantic then so can the admins....

YOU can post YOUR parts for sale as its YOUR postcount thats the essential, not another persons....

If you really want to pick nits, the guidelines can be changed/tightened up to (not) suit your argument as quickly as it took to type this.

However, it would rather be an understood thing, rather than having to have everything laid out, chapter and verse....

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2010, 19:57:40 »

Then change the guidlines to suit the admins request. OP bieng deleted as this is getting nowhere. I am not nit picking as you call it just pointing out what you are stating, if you don't want posts that shouldn't be here i.e Helping another member out in selling a few parts, then change the guidlines to state this.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2010, 19:58:44 »

As you wish.....   ::)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2010, 20:03:12 »

Now reading as....

Currently, need to be a Junior Member (over 50 posts) to advertise your car, and an Intermediate Member (over 250 posts) to advertise your parts.

Will that suffice??

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2010, 20:19:37 »

That is much clearer and will suffice. I was not trying to cause an argument over this but needed to be pointed out that what I was being got at about was not part of the rules or guidlines. If you don't want something in a thread/post then it should be clearly stated, not be taken as a "understood thing" as you put it. Guidlines are for a reason to let people/members know what you don't/do want in threads, if it's not outlined then how are members/new members to know what you require? 

As I red it members were not allowed to, lets say post in the genral chat or test area, to get it moved to the correct sub forum to get post counts up, where as now that it has been changed then this will make it clearer for existing and new members that this is not something you will allow and will be edited by the Admin team.

I do appreciate your understanding in this and that it is now resolved.
H21 please could you now lock the thread before it starts to get out of hands with other members jumping in.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 February 2010, 20:26:16 »

Before locking, I will take the advantage and reply.....

A guideline is that - simply a guideline - and not a 'rule'.  As always, guidelines are open to interpretation but it is hoped that they can be used with a modicum of common sense...

As far as posting in the test area and having a post moved to the sales section, you will see, if you look closely, that it is wanted adds that are moved, not thiose that are for sale.

Now locking because, as you say, we do not want A.N Other or their buddy adding to the thread.  Thats what GenChat is for....

regards

H21 and the rest of the team...   :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2010, 22:23:01 »

I'm going to abuse my rights here, and add to this locked thread.

The 'rules' (we call them guidelines) are intended to be written in such a way as to give members a brief, but good, indication of what is and what is not allowed, rather than being a definative list of what is and is not allowed (if we did this, the rules would be several pages long, unmanagable, and therefore pointless).  I mean, how many of us read the T&Cs we have to agree to when signing up ;).

I personally apologise if they weren't clear enough (I primarily wrote them initially), but we try to give the kind of behaviour we insist upon, rather than a massive long list.

Yes, holes can be picked in them, but we all should really be able to understand what is being requested :)
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.