Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhausting question  (Read 938 times)

ricardo1500

• Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
Exhausting question
« on: 17 November 2006, 17:49:55 »

Well after much searching I have found The One.....a 2001 2.2 CDX estate and I am well impressed :D. At 71000 miles I have a full cambelt kit and water pump on the way from Autovaux and also have to replace one centre box and rear exhaust box.
The exhaust chappy suggested that I could replace the twin centre box 2.2 setup (2 seperate pipes and boxes running parrallel from cat to back box) with the 2 litre 16v setup that runs only one pipe and box and its rear box....this will save quite a few quid.  He says its quite a common conversion that has no detrement to vehicle performance.  
Has anyone come across this before and what might your opinions be??
 Many thanks
Rich

STMO123

Re: Exhausting question
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2006, 18:50:38 »

Hi Rich. You may be able to get away with that setup, but, if your so chuffed with your new meega, why not do it properly with the exhaust which was designed for your car.

The single pipe may be cheaper, but you may as well get used to spending money straight away :D
« Last Edit: 17 November 2006, 18:51:18 by STMO123 »

kjon51

• Oldsville - East Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: Exhausting question
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2006, 19:05:13 »

Hi Ricardo,
If you're going to keep this one? Why not go for a stainless system? I know it costs a bit extra outlay, but just imagine - no worries for the next xxx years!

I went to www.longlife.co.uk & am well pleased, they will custom make a system for you just how you want it  :y

No: I don't work for them  ::)

Cheers,
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.